Some questions?

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
I have a few questions about Smash Books and events.
Michael's is having a smash bash event and i'm not sure if i should go. it's all about scrapbooking within the Smash Book and not sure if i will enjoy it. Has anyone gone to one of these things?

I still can't make myself buy a Smash book. I love the concept but I just can't seem to commit to it.

I would think you would need the pics and ephemera ready to go into an album to go to an event.

I have looked at this. Asked for one for Christmas, but I guess I was on the "bad" list. I am not sure that I am missing anything but a place to store more "stuff". I am now on the fence about these!! I am trying to get rid of this extraneous stuff I save & think that a smash book might be an enabler. I'm a little scared of these.....

I do have a smash book.
Its mostly like to save memories and stuff. I just am undecided about going

I've used mine as a trip planner and then a journal while I'm on the trip.

Well, you might learn something or make a new friend or gain a new perspective, which is a vote FOR going. Against - time or money.

I still can't make myself buy a Smash book. I love the concept but I just can't seem to commit to it.

I would think you would need the pics and ephemera ready to go into an album to go to an event.

Me either! I'm not sure what it is about them. Probably the fact that I can get a composition book for $.50 during school supply time.

I don't get the whole smash book thing either. It is ok. People say that about a lot of things that I do get. So we are even. :rotfl:

How long is the event and how much does it cost? Do you need to bring supplies or is it a lecture type event?

I guess the thing that would almost turn me off of it, is a Smash book is supposed to be about freedom from the "rules" of scrapbooking so why would they need an event to show you how to do it.

The only time we used a smash book is for DD's Economic's project.
She had to budget a trip around the World and spend x days and do x activities each stop..
She used it as a journal to document her trip.. She got a 150% on it because she did extra stops, decorated it with photos and scrapbook embellishments...

I don't do classes at the stores.. I can't justify the cost w/ 3 active kids and schedule conflicts. Plus the one place that offers classes, customer service is pitiful... I go in that store on a mission and get in and get out.. I don't even look for other deals there any longer.

How long is the event and how much does it cost? Do you need to bring supplies or is it a lecture type event?

I guess the thing that would almost turn me off of it, is a Smash book is supposed to be about freedom from the "rules" of scrapbooking so why would they need an event to show you how to do it.

It is $5.00 to go (it's a reservation holder)
and it goes from 3pm-9pm... 6 hours.
I'm hessatant about going because of my past events and such. But i'm thinking about going.

6 hours seems really long to me. That is a lot of time, unless you complete the book which is not what I understood Smash Book to be. I'm confused on this one.

It is $5.00 to go (it's a reservation holder)
and it goes from 3pm-9pm... 6 hours.
I'm hessatant about going because of my past events and such. But i'm thinking about going.

A 6 hr event that runs thru past supper/dinner time. That sounds weird. Are they taking a 1 hr break so people can go out to get something to eat? Getting pizza delivered? I would pass out from hunger & low blood sugar.

i think its like they have it 6 hours you can work on it as long asyou want and go when you want.

i am not too sure what it entails because it was just in the saturday advertisements on the bottoms just saying Smashbash 1/19 3-9

I called our Michaels and asked about the event. They transfered me and the guy that I spoke with finally didn't seem to know very much. He said, "well it's only $5 plus supplies". I explained to him that the $5 wasn't the issue, I really wanted to know if it was similiar to a scrapbook crop or was it a class...sad thing is, I don't think he really knew...lol! I decided I would take my $5 and buy more supplies that I "might" use another day...lol!

I've asked in the past about it at Michaels and was told by the scrpbook lady that also does smash that it was the same principal as crop night but for smash books.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter