Some new Hawaii layouts...* Updated..Hawaii finished!!*

Timon

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I just finished posting a few more Hawaii layouts! I think I have 6 or 7 more layouts to go then I am done hawaii!!!:bounce:

My goal: Get my chronological album caught up to 2003 before we leave for our vacation this October :rolleyes: (yeah right! :p )

Just click on Cass World Below then Scrapbooking then 2000!

UPDATE: Okay, I changed my mind and only did 3 more layouts for Hawaii and now I am done! WOOO HOOO!! :bounce:

Ok, I have to gush again! (sorry! lol) your pages are awesome!
I love the shaker box for the black sand too!...

Looks great!
Holycow

l love the volcano you made. Great pics. I wish when we went to Hawaii I was more into picture taking. We will probably never get there again.

Great job. You are so artistic. Your books put mine to shame.

Have you used your Alpha Staxx any more since the incident with the two colors - I haven't. I thought I was going to love them. No I am so leary of them.

Again, Great Pages

holycow,

Thanks! Yeah, I was kinda proud of my shaker box...I had this little bag of sand that we bought and I knew I had wanted to use it but wasn't sure how...then it hit me..shaker box! It didn't quite turn out like I had hoped but it's still ok!

crazyforpooh,

Thanks but I actually think my volcano sucks LOL :o It totally didn't turn out like I had planned in my mind...:confused: I have thought hard and long about just ripping it up and chucking it!

I am glad I have always been a picture taker! When we went to Hawaii, I had yet to discover SB'ing so I am glad I still had some nice photos to work with even though I didn't take them with SB'ing in mind.

I haven't used my alpha stax since that discovery! I am almost afraid to actually. I was really disappointed to find the two shades cus I actually loved using them in my previous layouts!! Who knows...maybe I will brave it again soon??? :rolleyes:

Cass, from what I could see it's great as usual.

New DSL line is WORSE than old dial-up --- if you can believe that! :rolleyes: (Why do men think they need to fix things that aren't broken? I live on the computer & never once did I complain about dial-up speed. He switches it to DSL....and leaves town.....leaves the state for that matter.....aaaarrrrgghhh!!!)

Oh I'm sorry......back to your layouts. LOL Very nice! :teeth:
I'll check out the page again when I get my computer back to the way it was.

Timon, your layouts are absolutely breath taking!! I just adore looking at them so much! I just love the shaker box!! :):)

Wonderful job, Timon!

Splsh -- you should know that nothing ever breaks until they go away!! ;)

Timon-- I love your layouts!!!! Always something different!!! Keep them coming!!

Just wanted to say wow!! They are fab.

I've been reading post about scrapping for a few weeks now, and I really want to try doing a book myself, and you have given me some really good ideas thanks.

When I see your finished results (you are all sooooo good at this)it makes me want to run out and buy some scrapping materials, lock myself away til they are finished!! But I am thinking they won't look anything as good as yours! (sorry I had a gushing moment!!)

Kell-Bell

Let me add to the Gushers! WOW! your LOs are great.
I love your Hawaii title. How did you acheive that look? Did you tear strips, then layer and cut out letters? Would love to scraplift that idea for pages on a trip to Key Largo - the resort we stayed at was Kona Kai - wonder if the owners were as blown away by Kona as you?

Loretta

Thanks for the kind, generous words guys!!!

nicurnc,

Yeah, for the Hawaii letters I just chose three colors, ripped the cardstock then glued them on top of each other. Then I put an alphabet template over it and traced my letters then cut them out!
I just love the results of doing that!

BTW, I LOVED Kona. I would move there if I could! But everyone has different tastes...we went with family and some of them preferred Waikik area on Oahu, which I ended up not liking at ALL!!!

Cass, your letters look great. What's your secret? Is it just a slow steady hand with scissors, or an exacto knife?

Saw the exacto on another scrapping site, and just have not got the hang of that yet, and scissors can just take so long:)

Loretta

Cass,

Not only were your layouts gorgeous, you brought back many wonderful memories. My DH and I went to Kona in 97 and looking at your pictures evoked many happy thoughts! On your last layout, where you and your hubby are standing together, I can see our hotel in the background! Wah!! We are hoping to go back next year. The Hard Rock is new (at least, it wasn't there 6 years ago)- where is it? And, ohhhhhhh, isn't Hapuna Beach great? We went there two separate days, one played in the surf and had a picnic on our anniversary. Did you go to Kahalu'u beach? They had the BEST snorkeling there- we went at least 4 times and I got some great shots of giant turtles!! Unfortunately, I scrapped those pictures back in 97---when my scrapping technique was, well, I'll be nice to myself and say "primitive" at best. :rolleyes:

Anyway, good job and thanks for the inspiration!

nicurnc,
You mean for the Hawaii title page? Those I just cut out with scissors. I do as much as possible with scissors before I use the exacto because I'm not that good with it. I only use it for small little letters where scissors wouldn't work! Oh...and a LOT of patience!:p

Alice28,

Cool! Yeah, I totally fell in love with Kona and really wanna go back one day! Never made it to Kahalu'u beach, we only had 4 full days there I think...hmmm maybe it was 3? We did a lot of family things that were planned together and we only took off on our own one day, which was our Island tour. The HRC is right on the main drag, almost opposite from where that picture was taken with your hotel in the background, great hotel by the way!

I love the sunset layout! Fabulous pictures!! Like all your pages, just enough embellishments so its just perfect, not cluttered!!

On the Waikiki Beach page, how did you do the square with the palm tree silhouettes?

poohbear,

The palm tree thing is from The Print Shop 15. It was originally all orange and yellow but I changed the background color to different blues and then printed it on vellum and darkened the palm trees with black marker. I LOVE palm trees...I am a palm tree freak my hubby says...so I tend to use them a lot :rolleyes:

Cool! In the photo it looks like paper piecing!!! Nice technique! I'll have to keep that idea in mind.

Palm trees are just so relaxing! And I know you live in Canada - I live in New England....no Palm trees here....so Palm trees mean only one thing.....VACATION!!! And lots of frozen drinks! :cool:

Wow! Thanks for the link. We just got back from Maui and this gives me some great ideas!!!

I have to admit I looked at your pages again! I love the Kona one with the blue flowers. It is sooooo Hawaiian. YOu did an awesome job. Thanks again for sharing....

Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter