Some MYTHOS advice

KFISCHER

DIS Veteran
Call, call, call before you go to make sure they're open.

Tried to go there on OCT. 29, the last full day of our stay at Universal.

We were extremely disappointed to see the CLOSED sign on the door, with no explanation as to why. So we headed over to Confisco Grille (Overall, pleasant.......good fajitas, but nowhere near MYTHOS' ballpark).

Waitress at Confisco said MYTHOS was closed due to aprivate party. She also said that because it's slow at Universal, this week Mythos would be closed 2 days, and Confisco would be closed 2 days. (she didn't say which days)

So I would call ahead to make sure MYTHOS is open, so you won't be disappointed like we were.

We had the same problem the same day!! Small world!
I was even more annoyed because we'd been to USF that morning and called into guest services there to book lunch at Mythos for us. The woman didn't speak very good English, she made several calls but seemed to be getting cut off, she told us to walk on over and take "first come first served" as they wouldn't be busy, so you can imagine I was fuming when we walked over to find them closed, as you say with no explanation! We wouldn't have gone to IOA that day, we just wanted to eat at Mythos again. I went to guest services at IOA to be greeted by a very disinterested young girl, who stood chewing her lip and didn't give a monkeys when I complained. I asked to be told why Mythos was shut, she wondered off for about 4mins, came back and told me it was open!!! "Phone them" I said, she did and then agreed that they were closed. Off she went again, came back and said it was closed to prepare for HHN! GREAT!!! I asked how come USF don't know they're shut, she just shrugged her shoulders:mad:
I have returned from my trip very disillusioned with Universal this year:confused:
Let's face it......It just aint Disney:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It was closed tuesday for a private party for Universal executives (Barry Diller). We're not bought out by a group and closed the whole day very often, so I wouldn't make a generalization on our overal operating days based on one visit where we happened to be closed.

However, yes Confisco's will be closed two days a week (Mon and Tues) and Mythos will be clsoed two days a week (Wed and Thur) until further notice. Think about it this way: not only are guests missing out on enjoying meals there on those days, but also think about us full-time employees who are no longer getting full-time hours.

If the park closes at 6 or 7 pm, Mythos generally stays open until 3 pm. If the park is open later, Mythos may be open later. The restaurant usually stays open until a few hours before closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter