Some Fall Portraits to Share- CC Welcome! :)

FirstTimertoDiz

<font color=teal>I love visiting NYC<br><font colo
I took these of my son with my D50 last weekend. I just purchased my Nikkor 70-300mm VR, and wanted to practice a little. I have a shoot for my employer's little guy tomorrow for his first birthday / fall shots. This is my first time someone has requested that I do an actual photo shoot, so I am a little nervous, but I will let you all know how it goes.....here are a few of my ds:

DSC_0261-1.jpg

DSC_0286-1.jpg

DSC_0248-1.jpg

DSC_0243-1.jpg

DSC_0230-1.jpg

DSC_0228-1.jpg

DSC_0221-1.jpg

DSC_0211-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

All are nice- I really like #3 & #4 a lot. Nice work.

These are too cute! A little yellow though.

I hope you don't mind, but I adjusted this one. I'll take it down if you want me to.

DSC_0243-1.jpg

DSC_0243-1saddle.jpg

Thanks for the compliments- oh, and Miss Kelly, I don't mind at all that you played around with the photos- I really like the second one you did in b&w. The ones I posted were all in sepia, which accounts for some of the yellow, but the color shots are definitely high in the yellow tones too- that is something I am still struggling with sometimes. It was late afternoon, and the sun was starting to go down, and he was sitting in the shade of the barn, so I was having trouble getting the settings just right. I didn't play around with any of the colors in the photos I posted, but I will probably do some post-processing before having prints made.

Thanks again you guys- just keep your fingers crossed for me for tomorrow, lol. I am nervous doing someone else's "important" shots. ;)

Good Luck! If you have a gray card(or Expodisc), be sure to set a custom white balance. That might be the problem. :)

Very nice shots; agree with Miss Kelly - a bit yellow and dark on my monitor (calibrated) but her fix looked good. The only other thing you might consider is some fill flash - catch lights in eyes always make a huge difference in making them pop. If you only have an on-camera flash, try taping a bit of tissue (clean) to it to diffuse the light more. If you have dedicated flash, bounce it rather than directing it straight at the person unless you have a diffuser for it. Good luck on your shoot!!

Beautiful pictures. Your son is adorable. Good luck tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be great.

I adore the 3rd one!! Goo luck tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter