Some Fall Portraits to Share- CC Welcome! :)

Discussion in 'Photography Board' started by FirstTimertoDiz, Sep 22, 2007.

1. FirstTimertoDiz

FirstTimertoDiz <font color=teal>I love visiting NYC<br><font colo

I took these of my son with my D50 last weekend. I just purchased my Nikkor 70-300mm VR, and wanted to practice a little. I have a shoot for my employer's little guy tomorrow for his first birthday / fall shots. This is my first time someone has requested that I do an actual photo shoot, so I am a little nervous, but I will let you all know how it goes.....here are a few of my ds:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Gdad

Gdad I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing

All are nice- I really like #3 & #4 a lot. Nice work.

4. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly DIS Veteran

These are too cute! A little yellow though.

I hope you don't mind, but I adjusted this one. I'll take it down if you want me to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly DIS Veteran

I'm loving this one too. You have a great eye. :goodvibes

[​IMG]

6. FirstTimertoDiz

FirstTimertoDiz <font color=teal>I love visiting NYC<br><font colo

Thanks for the compliments- oh, and Miss Kelly, I don't mind at all that you played around with the photos- I really like the second one you did in b&w. The ones I posted were all in sepia, which accounts for some of the yellow, but the color shots are definitely high in the yellow tones too- that is something I am still struggling with sometimes. It was late afternoon, and the sun was starting to go down, and he was sitting in the shade of the barn, so I was having trouble getting the settings just right. I didn't play around with any of the colors in the photos I posted, but I will probably do some post-processing before having prints made.

Thanks again you guys- just keep your fingers crossed for me for tomorrow, lol. I am nervous doing someone else's "important" shots. ;)

7. Pea-n-Me

Pea-n-Me DIS Veteran

Very nice. Handsome little guy. :)

8. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly DIS Veteran

Good Luck! If you have a gray card(or Expodisc), be sure to set a custom white balance. That might be the problem. :)

9. SharonLowe

SharonLowe DIS Veteran

Very nice shots; agree with Miss Kelly - a bit yellow and dark on my monitor (calibrated) but her fix looked good. The only other thing you might consider is some fill flash - catch lights in eyes always make a huge difference in making them pop. If you only have an on-camera flash, try taping a bit of tissue (clean) to it to diffuse the light more. If you have dedicated flash, bounce it rather than directing it straight at the person unless you have a diffuser for it. Good luck on your shoot!!

10. mikamah

mikamah DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures. Your son is adorable. Good luck tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be great.

11. CPM

CPM <font color=blue>Stands up in the Spider-Man ride

I adore the 3rd one!! Goo luck tomorrow!