Solo WDW:Avoiding a Divorce when NDH Goes Hunting thru Bday and Anniversary Upd:1/14

Oh yes....after the trip with him (good thing I didn't know about DIS and TRs back then LOL) its much safer that until we have children that he goes hunting and I go to Disney LOL!

I have more fun with the kids without him too......

It's OK if its me and DH only.... but he gets irritated too easily by the kids being kids:sad2:

Paula

Hey Jen just got caught up. As far as the eyes open thing if you really want to guarentee that I have an idea for ya. Day 1 we can meet at ToT I will send DD on it with you, she canhold your eyes open for you:lmao: she doesnt even hold on to the bars when you drop. She DOESNOT take after momma!! I did that ride once & never again.:eek:

Can't wait till our meet. Glad you found your visor. DD & I just ordered a grab bag of 50 pins to trade yee haa!!:yay: We will wait to buy our lanyards when we get there. Or I might just put my pins on my VB bag for the day less to carry.

Hey Jen just got caught up. As far as the eyes open thing if you really want to guarentee that I have an idea for ya. Day 1 we can meet at ToT I will send DD on it with you, she canhold your eyes open for you:lmao: she doesnt even hold on to the bars when you drop. She DOESNOT take after momma!! I did that ride once & never again.:eek:

Can't wait till our meet. Glad you found your visor. DD & I just ordered a grab bag of 50 pins to trade yee haa!!:yay: We will wait to buy our lanyards when we get there. Or I might just put my pins on my VB bag for the day less to carry.

I can't wait either...and that sounds like a great idea...a nighttime ride on TOT I will definitely need a brave soul with me!!

I'm thinking it might be time to move the pins to a lanyard considering I won't be wearing a visor much in January so we'll have to see...although on my VB bag is a great idea...maybe I'll try that.

Hey fellow Marcette!

I thought I would pop over and check out your TR today. I'm on page 8 but loving your start. Your DH is so sweet! OMG, I wish mine was as agreeable to the idea of me taking a trip without him (he is also fairly NDH as well)

Today he took the boys out shopping for christmas and he aske me to make a list. I had a few things and at the bottom wrote "a gift card for a Disney trip" He didn't comment at all! We'll see if he takes it seriously

Until this past June, I too was a high school science teacher (earth science) I miss the kids but honestly, don't really miss the other stuff. I admire good teachers!

Hey fellow Marcette!

I thought I would pop over and check out your TR today. I'm on page 8 but loving your start. Your DH is so sweet! OMG, I wish mine was as agreeable to the idea of me taking a trip without him (he is also fairly NDH as well)

Today he took the boys out shopping for christmas and he aske me to make a list. I had a few things and at the bottom wrote "a gift card for a Disney trip" He didn't comment at all! We'll see if he takes it seriously

Until this past June, I too was a high school science teacher (earth science) I miss the kids but honestly, don't really miss the other stuff. I admire good teachers!

:hug: To a fellow science teacher:hug: I'm such a nerd...boy do I love my science!!! Yes the beaucracy can get to you at times.

Well my hubby I know bought me some stuff from Disney shopping online so I'm excited...I hope your hubby takes you seriously LOL!!!!!

OK, I made it through (thanks to finals day! Of course all that means is I will be busy grading for the next 2 or 3 days :scared: )

I am sorry DisneyShopping doesn't know how to spell your name. I ordered shirts for my boys and a couple nieces/nephews when they had their day after Thanksgiving sale (1/2 price PLUS disney visa discount!) When they arrived the "long sleeve Mickey T" for my son, yes complete with label saying so, was in reality an Arial dress (in clear plastic bag, Ummm, hello!)

I e-mailed and told them the error and asked if I would have to pay to return it since it was clearly their error. The response was no, we will send you the correct item at no charge. Please give the incorrect item to a family in need or a charity of your choice. :wizard: go Disney magic!! I will be proud to!

I got a kick out of your comment that your NDH hopes you return to normal after your trip. When I returned from our June trip, all it did was release the obsession that was in there and I haven't looked back since!

Not to hijack but...

I spent a summer working for Yellowstone Nat'l Park, out of the north entrance of Gardiner, MT. During that time I fell in LOVE with Grizzly Bears and as a result am HOOOOOORRRRRIIIFFFFIIIIIIEEEEDDDD that NDH killed one! :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

And I love that you guys had a quick courtship & marriage - so did MY DH and I! ::yes:: Ours was 1 month though... but anyway... we'll be married 7 years on the 14th!!! So short engagements CAN last! :goodvibes

Julia, what did you do? I had great plans to go off and work for the national park service after college. I did do a 12 week internship but a permanant job just never worked out for me and I have a secret regret over it. AND, yellowstone is one of my favorite places in the world! (in my top 10 with WDW of course :laughing: )

Greg and I waited a whole 3 months before we set a wedding date! :lovestruc We have been married 11 1/2 years.

OK, I made it through (thanks to finals day! Of course all that means is I will be busy grading for the next 2 or 3 days :scared: )

I am sorry DisneyShopping doesn't know how to spell your name. I ordered shirts for my boys and a couple nieces/nephews when they had their day after Thanksgiving sale (1/2 price PLUS disney visa discount!) When they arrived the "long sleeve Mickey T" for my son, yes complete with label saying so, was in reality an Arial dress (in clear plastic bag, Ummm, hello!)

I e-mailed and told them the error and asked if I would have to pay to return it since it was clearly their error. The response was no, we will send you the correct item at no charge. Please give the incorrect item to a family in need or a charity of your choice. :wizard: go Disney magic!! I will be proud to!

I got a kick out of your comment that your NDH hopes you return to normal after your trip. When I returned from our June trip, all it did was release the obsession that was in there and I haven't looked back since!

Not to hijack but...

Julia, what did you do? I had great plans to go off and work for the national park service after college. I did do a 12 week internship but a permanant job just never worked out for me and I have a secret regret over it. AND, yellowstone is one of my favorite places in the world! (in my top 10 with WDW of course :laughing: )

Greg and I waited a whole 3 months before we set a wedding date! :lovestruc We have been married 11 1/2 years.

Yeah there is no "returning to normal" as he puts it, especially since he released I'm now going with the Marcettes and have almost a year and a half to obsessively plan. But I told him not to worry I'm leaving the obsessive part to LL LOL!!!!!

Oh I love finals time too..we start tomorrow so in the morning I get a room full of quiet children taking their tests and I get some quiet time to....GRADE!! YAY!!!!! I want to be done before Christmas break!!!

THank you so much for coming by and taking the time to read my story!!

Jen, what's a Marcette?:goodvibes

LOL!! We are a group of ladies who are planning to go in 2010 during the Flower and Garden Festival time LOL!!! I guess I should have explained that LOL!!!!

Phillip says this gets to be my last hoorah as a Florida Resident going to Disney before we move during the Summer of 2010 to Texas..LOL!!!

After that its going to be awhile!!

Yellowstone is one of my favorite places on the earth as well. I can't wait to return when the kids are old enough to appreciate the grandeur. I actually lived in a dorm and worked with others at the laundry facility for the park's hotels. Someone had to do the laundry! No one did it for the $- we did it for the experience- and it was wonderful! :goodvibes

And that's awesome you guys had a quick courtship too! :lovestruc

LOL!! We are a group of ladies who are planning to go in 2010 during the Flower and Garden Festival time LOL!!! I guess I should have explained that LOL!!!!

Phillip says this gets to be my last hoorah as a Florida Resident going to Disney before we move during the Summer of 2010 to Texas..LOL!!!

After that its going to be awhile!!

Ahh... I'd kill to move to Texas right now. It's so cooooold here.

Hang on wishin' you were in Texas right now!! We had record breaking snow here last week.First time for that in FOREVER!!! It's dropping (temps) right now and super windy!! Like 40 degrees or so!! But, by Sat it'll be like 76.Go Figure.

Quick courtships rule! We started Dating Dec. 10--met his family on Christmas Eve at their family get together, he proposed on Jan 5-got my ring on the 8th. We were married on April 16. This year will be our 15th anniversary!!! We toyed with getting married around Valentines Day, but I really liked the April time of year better-it's too wet and yucky here in Feb for a really pretty wedding!! Especially with my colors!

Wow!! Has it really been five pages since I last updated…well if you don’t want to click all the way back, let’s review I’ve been busy, I adore Michael Phelps, I’m going to go the Yatchsmen for dinner, I adore Michael Phelps, I’m a Marcette (not to be confused with a Rockette LOL) and I’m moving to Texas in 2010…okay you have been duly briefed.

In the famous words of Frosty the Snowman…Happy Birthday…oh wait…not quite right…MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Well things have slowed down in my neck of the woods, instead of running at MACH 5; I can safely say I’m only going about MACH 2 now. The last week and half were filled with many events that I’m now excited are over. Well first of all I took my last graduate level final exam on Sunday. While no one loves Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases and the opportunity to talk about pneumonic plague more than me, I’m glad that I’m finally done with school for a long time. I now have my Masters in Education and 20 Graduate level Science courses that will allow me to teach at a community college if the opportunity ever presented itself. Yes, I’m a nerd, I love Science.

Sunday was a big day all around, it was performance day. Now I’m a huge theatre fan. I was in two school musicals, I have seen Phantom of the Opera on stage, I simply just enjoy the stage. Well this year we were offered a part in the play that would be going with our Christmas Program. So my hubby and I played the part of the mom and dad. We had a lot of practices, but they paid off we had a great time with the play. Oh well enough about all this real life stuff let’s talk about some Disney.

Well Saturday was the day we put up our tree, or as my mom called it, “The Disney Tree.” I’m not quite sure how she ever got that idea, just because half of my ornaments are Disney related. Well this was the year my friends, it only took me six years to get there, but this was the year of no glass ball ornaments and mostly just my Hallmark/Disney Ornaments, okay there is a one Red Wings ornament on there too, have to keep Prince Phillip happy. I’m madly in love with Hallmark ornaments and it has been tradition for as long as I can remember that I receive 3-4 Hallmark ornaments a Christmas. Lately, they have all been Disney related LOL!!! I have the cutest miniatures that are snowmen wearing Mickey and Minnie years. The Christmas tree is up, it’s lit, it’s beautiful, and I really do love Christmas time. Since I’m typing this at work while my students chit chat since they just finished their final exam, I will post pictures of my tree and my Disney ornaments when I get home.

The “secret” Disney gift purchased by Prince Phillip that came with the wrong name on it (still haven’t figured out who refinneJ is LOL) has been resent and apparently passed Prince Phillip’s very thorough inspection. I was surprised how quick the turn around on it was, it only took them about a week to fix it and resend the gifts. The only thing he mentioned was that the Mickey ears were a little small…but I’m thinking I will love whatever he got me.

Well its official I’m a PTR and TR addict. There is nothing I find more enjoyable then plugging in my laptop and reading a really good PTR or TR. However I haven’t been feeling the love for mine, I think I have hit writer’s block and hard! But thankfully some wonderful PTR writers have inspired me. One in particular, BellaSoleil gave me some really great ideas that she has so graciously allowed me to borrow to get my creative juices flowing! So I must give a HUGE THANKS to SOLEIL for the following idea…My Character Wish List. As I have admitted to y’all in the past I’m a bit nervous about meeting characters especially alone without children, but I have decided to get over it and make myself another promise, “I will meet and interact with characters.” I’ve done the Meet and Greet before, but mostly it was a hug and a hello that was it. Not this year I want to have an LL “Mary Poppins” experience, my ultimate character meet would be Belle or The Big Cheese himself. I want to have a conversation with Belle about French cuisine and discuss with Mickey why on Earth he hasn’t made an honest woman out of Minnie and if he thinks he can pull any strings to let me stay the night in the “Haunted Mansion,” (hey, its my dream can’t hurt to ask LOL). However I don’t want to end my character interaction there…I want to meet them all (okay this might not be realistic LOL), however I’ve never met Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, or Donald and I’ve never met a Princess…pretty much the only characters I have met are Mickey, Flick, Rafiki, King Louie, and Baloo…it’s a nice list, but a short one. I intend to change that…so taking a page from Soleil who are my top 10 choices of characters I want to meet for the FIRST TIME.

10.Goofy (Doesn’t he have the cutest ears, I want to get a kiss from this handsome devil.

9.Minnie (I plan on discussing engagement plans with her, I could totally plan her wedding to Mickey LOL)

8.Pluto (I love the Mouse so it’s time for me to meet his best friend)

7.Princess Aurora (I’m so dying to tell her that we both are in love with Prince Phillips)

6. Mike and Sully (I want them to scare me into a fit of giggles LOL)

5. Donald Duck (I just want to ruffle his feathers a bit LOL)

4. Cinderella’s Stepmom and Stepsisters (For this trip I’m a single girl, I figure
we’ll be able to commiserate)

3.Eeyore (because he is just too darn cute and I love the tail LOL)

2.Mickey Mouse (Okay it won’t be the first time, but I HAVE to see the Mouse)

1.Belle (She is my favorite princess of all time)

So that is my top 10 list of characters I want to meet, I’m hoping for some success and that I will get my picture taken with each of them…guess we’ll find out if I make my goal in my upcoming TR!!!!

Until next Happy Holidays from my home to yours!!!

you've got a good list there for meeting characters. I hope you meet each and every one of them.

I want to see a picture of that tree. :worship: I'm still building and only have but a handful of disney ornaments.Though I imagine that could change in the next year or two and next year may be the year I buy a couple of those ornament sets from disney online.

Glad things have begun to slow down for you, more time to think about your trip. :)

you've got a good list there for meeting characters. I hope you meet each and every one of them.

I want to see a picture of that tree. :worship: I'm still building and only have but a handful of disney ornaments.Though I imagine that could change in the next year or two and next year may be the year I buy a couple of those ornament sets from disney online.

Glad things have begun to slow down for you, more time to think about your trip. :)

Pictures will be up shortly...going to have take them after dinner!!!! I too am glad things are starting to slow down.

I do know I will be adding to my collection when I go to Disney!! YAY!!

Yeah there is no "returning to normal" as he puts it, especially since he released I'm now going with the Marcettes and have almost a year and a half to obsessively plan. But I told him not to worry I'm leaving the obsessive part to LL LOL!!!!!
Meeeeee? Obsessive planner? No way. ;)

Not this year I want to have an LL “Mary Poppins” experience, my ultimate character meet would be Belle or The Big Cheese himself.
I love the Hallmark Ornaments too! We have quite a few.

I hope you have wonderful character experiences! I was uneasy meeting them too since I don't have kids but they are so wonderful! Do you know where you can meet Belle? We have to make sure you meet your favorite princess!

Hey Jen!!

I love your character list!! You were very busy today...wish I could say the same:rolleyes1

You will have fun meeting the characters!! I was nervous about that on my solo trip too, but it was great:goodvibes I had a terrific concersation with the Wicked Queen that was a highlight of my trip!!!

Paula

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter