Solo WDW:Avoiding a Divorce when NDH Goes Hunting thru Bday and Anniversary Upd:1/14

Just wanted to say how exciting to be getting married this time of year!! I just know your wedding will be wonderful! Just remember to keep Christ in the center of your marriage and really try to never go to bed angry!!! It's hard sometimes, but it's really an easy way to let small things start to fester.Okay, well I hope that didn't sound to bossy!!:rotfl: Blessings to you both!!!

Thanks so much! :) We're so, so excited. Thank you for the advice/reminders. I've heard it's easier said than done (the not going to bed angry part). I pray that Christ is ALWAYS the center--I know it's too easy for things to fall apart if He's not. Thanks again--and no, you didn't sound bossy!

Because of the lengthy wait this was not sent to the editor in time LOL (Please excuse any horribly blantant errors) I will be sending the next eppy to the wonderful Trixiequilts in a timely fashion!

Episode 13:
Welcome to December, according to Tour Guide Mike, I only have 38 days (on December 8th) until I’m set to arrive in Disney World. As a fellow Snowbird (Shelly) said recently, I can honestly say that next month I will be in Disney World! That is so exciting. I’m about 5 weeks away from Disney YAY!!!

Well it is official; I have hit a planning plateau!! I’m still a bit frustrated by the changes in hours and the fact that there haven’t been any updates to the 2009 Disney Dining Plan. But what can you really do? So what happens to an obsessive compulsive planner when they can’t plan, they make changes to their plans LOL!! I haven’t changed too much but I did rearrange some of my ADRs and made sure I would have plenty of park time. One of my biggest worries with the Dining plan was that I would be spending more time at a restaurant than at a park. I will tell you about my changes later on in this report.

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone and as I sit back and reflect on this year I realize that the year has gone by WAY too fast!! I look at all that has to be done in the next 17 days and even before that it’s safe to say that I’m totally freaking out over it. As you have learned in the past couple of months for reading my PTR I tend to have way too much going on in my head, well as it turns out I have way too much going on in my life, period. So to entertain you here’s a look at Jen’s World: The Next Week!! To be completely honest the only time I’m going to be home this week is tonight. I have Christmas shopping, church on Wednesday, a school meeting Thursday night, taking my grad final exam on Friday, Saturday is dress rehearsal for our cantata at church and then Sunday is the Cantata. WHEW…I’m just exhausted typing all of that. However, when all of that is done, I’m on the freeway to Winter Break and I’m so excited about two weeks off, it is going to be great!!! I’m going to have some serious DIS time, of course I have serious DIS time anyways. Good news is I’ll be able to update more!

So I was mentioning some changes. Well as far as Disney goes, I decided that with all the hassle around the unknowns surrounding the 2009 Dining List I decided to take a safe route. So instead of Teppan Edo on my EPCOT night I’m going to be eating at the Yatchsmen. I’m a steak eater, I love a good steak and since I can’t get an ADR into LeCellier to save my life I decided to research on the DIS where you can get a good steak, Yatchsmen was suggested often. So I know have a 5:35pm dinner reservation at the restaurant and then I’m going to watch Illuminations. I’m so looking forward to my dining reservations. I’m not only going to be making a trip report I’m thinking of also doing a dining report. I’m already going to be dining alone and getting strange looks why not take pictures of my food too LOL!

OH… I FOUND IT!! You must be asking what is she talking about? Well on my trip back in 2005 I purchased a Mickey visor to protect my face from the Florida May sun. As I was putting stuff away into my closet for safe storage until January I went to put my visor in there. You see my Mickey visor also has the few trading pins that I own. I’m not a huge trader of pins, but I enjoy coming home with a new Mickey pin each trip. Well to my dismay I couldn’t find my visor and I was very upset by this. My Prince Phillip said I could just buy a new lanyard and get some new pins, but I loved the pins I had traded for on my previous trips. Well, Disney pixie dust must be floating through my vents at my house, because the Mickey visor was found. As I was pulling down boxes of Christmas stuff to decorate our tree, I found a box under my storage shelves and in the box was my visor, I was very happy. Here are some pictures of my visor…I know its silly but I love my visor.

DSCF0101.jpg

DSCF0109.jpg

DSCF0111.jpg

Well I have a sweet, yet sad story to share with you about my Christmas gift. My husband being the great guy that he is went online shopping at one of my favorite sites Disney Shopping. We won’t get into what type of miracle it took for him to even initiate going to a Disney website, but I’ll take it. Well my gifts arrived, however upon further inspection; my husband goes into major rant mode. Apparently, the magical folks at Disney thought you spelt my name refinneJ. Yes whatever my husband bought me came with the embroidery done wrong. So needless to say, I’m pretty sure my husband will never use the Disney shopping site again and it is on its way back to South Carolina and we are hoping it will arrive before Santa. I was amused…to me it’s the thought that counts and the man bought me something at a Disney site that my friends, is true love!!

I promise a quicker update by the end of this week, okay I just told you about my week, how about the beginning of next week. Tonight, now that I have electricity in my living room (long story LOL), we will be finishing our tree so I will post pictures of our Christmas decorations. I also received a few more purchases and will tell you more about them in the next Episode!!!

I love your Disney visor!! :goodvibes Very cute, I am so glad you were able to find it.

I am glad you are trying Yachtsman, we are going to try that in May if we can get the ADR so I am glad that you can give me a review. I had no problem taking pictures of my food, the only place where I was feeling a little embarassed was Cinderella's Royal Table but it's worth it! We look at our food pictures quite often to drool over our yummy meals. :rotfl2:

I love your Disney visor!! :goodvibes Very cute, I am so glad you were able to find it.

I am glad you are trying Yachtsman, we are going to try that in May if we can get the ADR so I am glad that you can give me a review. I had no problem taking pictures of my food, the only place where I was feeling a little embarassed was Cinderella's Royal Table but it's worth it! We look at our food pictures quite often to drool over our yummy meals. :rotfl2:

Awww thanks LL!!! I was so happy to find my visor!

I will most definitely give you an honest review of the restaurant...I'll even give you a heads up on the romantic atmosphere for you and Marc. I like a great steak so I'm hoping I can get it here!!!

I know you must be getting anxious about your ADRs, do you know when you can start to make them??

Awww thanks LL!!! I was so happy to find my visor!

I will most definitely give you an honest review of the restaurant...I'll even give you a heads up on the romantic atmosphere for you and Marc. I like a great steak so I'm hoping I can get it here!!!

I know you must be getting anxious about your ADRs, do you know when you can start to make them??

The dates that are floating around here on the DIS are either December 22nd or sometime in January. I am trying not to think about it because it just gives me a headache! :headache:

HI Jen!! I really enjoyed your update!! I too love the Mickey visor:thumbsup2
I have Yachtsman on my schedule for Feb... I'm excited to try it out...too bad it's 2 meal credits, but oh well, I think it'll be worth it:goodvibes

Paula

Great update!

popcorn::

Thanks!!

I have Yachtsman on my schedule for Feb... I'm excited to try it out...too bad it's 2 meal credits, but oh well, I think it'll be worth it:goodvibes

Paula

I'm going to be trying two 2TS meals this trip...Brown Derby and Yatchsmen I'm very excited about both...of course that means a few breakfasts in the room. I'll let you know how it is LOL!!

I'm so excited to hear about another solo trip for you!! YAY :goodvibes

I would love to eat at Yachtsmen. We have LeCellier scheduled and I don't want to do two nights of steak. Maybe next time.:confused3

Paula

Just wanted to say I love the little animals in your signature!!

Great update Jen~ Are those monogram people serious? WOW!! I assume they are fixing that for free? It took me a second to figure out what it even was!!!:rotfl:

I would love to eat at Yachtsmen. We have LeCellier scheduled and I don't want to do two nights of steak. Maybe next time.:confused3

I would have loved to do Le Cellier because I'm a huge fan of cheddar cheese soup, however it is not in the cards for this trip and I wanted to have a really good steak so I was like...hmmm close to EPCOT...Yachtsmen...so I called and I got in YAY!!!

Great update! :) I'm glad you found your visor. And your changes sound perfect!

Thank you!! I'm so glad I found it too!!! I heart my visor!:love:

Great update Jen~ Are those monogram people serious? WOW!! I assume they are fixing that for free? It took me a second to figure out what it even was!!!:rotfl:

They'd better be, Phillip emailed them and then we sent it back. I have no idea what it is just that the monogram was wrong LOL!!!

I'm glad you are satisfied with your changes and found your visor!!!

Me too...that visor is my friend and it would have been a catastrophe if he couldn't have made this trip...LOL :rotfl:

How close are we to the wedding????

:rotfl: I thought she was just trying to put her real name in "code" for a minute, so I was right there with you in trying to figure it out! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter