Solo trip which resort?

cyb

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking of staying deluxe because I'm a woman and I'm going alone. I think the indoor corridor would be safer and I'd feel more secure plus no driving to the park alone ( I'm not a fan of waiting at a bus stop) I'll be going to Epcot so I was thinking of staying at the Beach Club although the Yacht Club is probably quieter. Is there any other reason you could justify staying at a deluxe over a value or a mod on a solo trip?

stayed at Pop solo and was fine.

you have to watch where you are and what you are doing - just like at home.

be aware of what is happening and you should be safe.

now I am definitely lazy walking to Epcot from BC - is definitely alot easier and quicker than taking the bus from Pop to get there.

I stayed at YC when I went alone. It's my favorite resort and Epcot is my favorite park. I felt safe walking back to YC at night from Epcot. The other part of my rationale was that paying for one person instead of the usual four made it affordable.

I stayed at Pop when I went solo and it was fine. I even went running in the evening.

However, if I have the extra cash for a deluxe stay I would definitely pick one of the Epcot resorts. They are all great. You can't go wrong. I'm actually quite fond of the BW because I just love the lobby decor and the quiet pool is really quiet.

Enjoy!

I prefer the saftey of interior hallways, too. When we stayed at a Mod, I always had the blinds drawn because it creeped me out to have people walk by and look in our windows.

I love the BC. It's an easy walk to Epcot. WL is another great choice. It's a small resort and everything under 1 roof. I love the little boat that takes you to CR.

I have done 2 solo trips now (and I'm a woman). First, let me say that I love the BC, especially for the short walk to Epcot and the boat to DHS.

That said, I stayed at POFQ this year solo and loved it. I felt perfectly comfortable coming home in the evenings after dark. The resort is compact, and there were always families out and about. (I had the "must have interior corridors" thought, too, but wanted to save some money this time.) I had a great room location, top floor of Bldg 5 overlooking the lawn where they show movies in the evening, and just a short walk around the corner, down the stairs and across the way to the food court/main building.

I have stayed at the BC for a couple solo trips! It is my favorite place to stay. I like it better than YC because it has the Marketplace where I can fill my mug and I can grab something small to eat. Also it is a little closer to Epcot so that is a win for me.

I've done Pop, WL, AKL, BWI, POR, POFQ solo.

I've had no issues at any of them. I've felt comfortable at all except for the one night when I was the only one getting off the bus at 2am at the POR East Bus Depot. It was just creepy being the only one walking to my room that late at night! It hasn't stopped me from staying there solo though.

One thing to keep in mind if you are staying at YC/BC is the buses share with other resorts.
So while you could take a boat to DHS and walk to Epcot, you'll be on the bus awhile going to and from AK and MK - it was 45 minutes for me when I stayed at BWI.

I love the BC. It's an easy walk to Epcot. WL is another great choice. It's a small resort and everything under 1 roof. I love the little boat that takes you to CR.

You make a good point about the WL all being under 1 roof, that seems very secure, I never though of that.

When I have gone solo I stay at ASMu but only sleep there. If I want a resort to hang out at I head over to OKW or BW (or wherever the mood strikes me to go) for the day.

I did what was kinda technically a 12 night solo trip in January and stayed at POP. I brought DD down to get her set up for the college program. She stayed with me the first night and then a few select hours the second night, but she had to be in line for housing so blessed early, like the middle of the night, I wouldn't even consider it a night. The rest of the time, I was by myself. Anyway, I felt very safe!!
I am heading back to POP this Sunday for 5 nights to visit DD. Since it is kinda an unplanned trip, I decided to stick with the less expensive resort even though we are getting 60% off with her CM discount! (the room is only $58 a night. Total hotel bill is $325. ) So I decided to splurge and we are getting the DDP for my visit since it is only $30/day for CMs right now!! I have an AP so I don't need a ticket. So hopefully DD and I will get some great visit time together!! :thumbsup2
I wouldn't hesitate to stay at a value while solo. I think they are extremely safe! Personally, at POP I don't find the areas I stay in to be all that noisy but I don't stay by the main pool or in the 80's/90's sections. There are people moving about but not 'that' many. I'm a NIGHT OWL!! When I go up to the food court for my final midnight refill, there are not very many people out milling around. In January, it was pretty DEAD! Now in July, it is busier. But not crazy busy, and I much prefer late night. ;) Good Luck with your decision.
But as other posters have said, just like at home, always be aware of your surrondings!

I was alone at The GF and felt totally safe there.

The only issue I had with GF was that the self parking is across the street, and going there alone, in the dark, was kind of creepy.

Other than that, I've had solo trips at nearly all of the WDW resorts and felt safe at all of them. Just use common sense like you would anywhere else, and pay attention to your surroundings. Also, remember to lock the door from the inside while you're in the room so no one can come in unexpectedly (like maintenance or housekeeping).

The only issue I had with GF was that the self parking is across the street, and going there alone, in the dark, was kind of creepy.

I hate the self parking at GF! It's almost like they want you to valet there, pretty long walk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter