Solo trip: Which resort?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pumpkinfish, Oct 9, 2008.

?

Which resort for a first time solo trip.

1. Contemporary

2. Grand Floridian

3. BoardWalk Inn

4. Yacht Club

5. Animal Kingdom

6. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. pumpkinfish

pumpkinfish <font color=blue>Clothing Expert and Magic Giver o

If you were going to WDW for a first time solo trip in Spring, which resort would you choose and why?

DH will not be able to join me since he will be hard-core in the fire academy. I am going for the Flower&Garden fest but don't HAVE to stay in the Epcot area. I did not choose BC because I enjoyed it so much I'd hate to go back without DH. I didn't choose Poly because DH really wants to stay here...I couldn't try it without him.

Thanks for your input!

p.s this is my first poll since joining the disboards!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

BW!!! It's so easy to get to Epcot for all that special stuff for the Flower and Garden festival. We'll be there from April 20!!!

4. jngwright

jngwright DIS Veteran

I voted for BW for you since your primary reason is F&G. If it was me-I would choose AK for my first solo, since I haven't stayed there (yet!)

Lucky duck to do a solo-it is my fantasy (and everyone thinks I am nuts...)

5. MdmMim

MdmMim DIS Veteran

I'd choose a studio in a DVC resort. BWV or BCV. For a solo, you'd have a kitchenette and a sofa. Very comfortable for a solo! ;)

6. tiger4me2

tiger4me2 DIS Veteran

I would pick the BWI or the Yacht Club. Even the choice BWI would be my first pick !

7. pumpkinfish

It's funny that BWI is leading the way since that was one of the last ones I THOUGHT I would pick.
    But now I'm thinking that being alone I would want to be near nightlife, correct? (nvm, rhetorical question ;) ).

I have also given serious thought to AKL. I LOVE AK and would just be a hop/skip/jump away. Plus I could gaze at all the animals at night from my room.

Also, I would love to lounge by the pool and YC would allow me to get back to SAB. I could rent a tube and chillax!

I know I would want to do club level again and really take advantage of the offerings.

My question to those that have posted their choice: Why have you not chosen the Grand Floridian or Contemp as much?

8. JLO

JLO Mouseketeer

I voted for Contemporary because if I was alone, that's where I would want to be. You have the safety of interior corridors, the monorail right outside your door and lots of restaurants and activities! Just my thoughts... have fun!

9. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

The GF just doesn't appeal to me. I do like the CR though...stayed there and loved it.
    I chose BW because it is terrific for a solo woman. There is a ton of nightlife going on...none of that walking around, at night, feeling like you're the only soul alive!! I know...been there, done that. I always feel safe over in the area.

10. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

My vote was for the Contemporary.

11. DizzDoll

DizzDoll DIS Veteran

My vote's for the COntemporary as well. Even in the garden wing, the rooms are beautiful, the views are lovely, you can walk to the MK and monorail to Epcot. I'm thinkin' as I'm typin' that the one big drawback for me would be the demise of the Concourse Steakhouse. I really enjoyed that restaurant and although I haven't experienced The Wave personally I'm hearing and reading that it's not the greatest. Still, the CR has a good pool, and easy acces to everything.

12. madalex

madalex DIS Veteran

If you are going for the Flower and Garden fest, an Epcot resort is a must-do. I voted for BWI, but only because I have stayed at YC a dozen times and never at BWI. But, both are great resorts.

13. pumpkinfish

Well I figured that's where your vote would go ;)

Thanks goofy4tink. I'm certainly taking that into condsideration now. I appreciate you giving your personal experiences :goodvibes .

14. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

I voted for the Boardwalk because you said you didn't want to stay at BC without hubby. BI is a short walk to Epcot and within walking distance of HS. There is always something going on at the Boardwalk area and different restaurants in case you didn't feel like going to a park for dinner one night.

15. klofan

klofan DIS Veteran

I really don't think you can go wrong with any of them honestly, but I voted for the AKL. I think for someone going solo, being in one building with interior hallways would work. I also think a Savannah view would be great because you'd at least have something interesting to look at when the parks are closed.

Pete

16. kat3668

kat3668 Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Driving me nuts i

Well I have to say that my most enjoyable solo trip was CSR. I never felt out of place many singles and conventineers to chat with and great bus service.:goodvibes

17. jeanylaser

jeanylaser Disney's Art of Animation Resort biggest fan!

BoardWalk Inn all the way!

18. DisneyBride'03

DisneyBride'03 <marquee><font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang</mar

It was a toss up for me..BWI and YC...know you just enjoyed BC, we loved YC CL..I dont think you can go wrong in this Epcot Resort area!

However, you cant go wrong with any resort you have on your list! Have stayed at them, except for CR...have had it booked..lol..however, construction still going on there...but that location is awesome too!
    What a dilemma:)

19. suzimar57

suzimar57 Miss my Happy Place.

contemporary - convenience of walking to MK, monorail to EP - and nothing beats the Castle view from your balcony!!!

20. CarolA

CarolA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

I voted AK since it's truly a unique place. But only if you get at Savannah View.

Did you consider the Swan/Dolphin?

I am at the Dolphin solo right now.

For half the price Disney wanted for the same weekend I have "heavenly beds" and the same great Epcot location for the Flower Festival!

21. portocall

portocall <font color=royalblue>I'm gonna try the water and

I picked the Boardwalk, easy access to EPCOT and DHS plus plenty to do and see...