Solo Diner - Should I make ADRs?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Iggipolka, May 15, 2010.

1. Iggipolka

Iggipolka <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I'm traveling by myself in June and while I'm on the QS dining plan, I'm thinking about one or two TS meals. I haven't made any ADR's and am wondering if I should just go ahead and do so. Do I really need an ADR for a solo diner, or do you think I'll have good luck with just walking in.
    The places I'm thinking about are Sci-Fi, Yak & Yeti, Biergarden and Teppan Edo, so not real popular places.
    Think I can get away with not having to schedule my TS, or should I just give in and make ADR's?

Thanks!

2. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

At Sci Fi they might squeeze you in the back of someone else's car without an ADR, and a Biergarten, they would probably find you an empty seat at a table that has an odd number in the other party.

For the other places, I'm not so sure - even as a single you're still taking up a table at Y&Y. I haven't been to Teppan Edo, is that a group seating thing? If so, it probably falls more in the category of the other 2 I mentioned above. (Just remembered that Y&Y has a bar/lounge area, you can probably eat there without an ADR).

I wouldn't really say those places are not that popular though, especially Sci Fi.

3. msteddom

msteddom We always wait in line in California (something)

I've traveled solo several times now, and I only make ADRs for the really popular places, like Le Cellier or California Grill, and just leave the rest up to chance. I don't think I've ever been shut out. However, if you really want to eat at a particular restaurant go ahead and make an ADR to make sure you won't be disappointed!

Melissa

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. honeydiane1953

honeydiane1953 DIS Veteran

IF I ever get to go on my own I will do the same as you. Every time I plan a solo trip FOLKS come out of the woodwork.

6. disney777

disney777 DIS Veteran

I've been turned away at Le Cellier, but they have been able to find me a spot at Teppan Edo. I once went to Sci Fi with no luck, but made a reservation for the next day. I've had good luck with Kona for breakfast and lunch, not sure how dinner would be. If the place has a bar to eat at, your chances will be better.

7. Iggipolka

Iggipolka <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Thanks for the responses. We travel to WDW a couple times a year, so I'm not that concerned if I don't get into a certain restaurant or not. I know we'll be back. :thumbsup2 For this solo trip (first and probably only), I really don't want to have much of a schedule and just be able to do what I want without too much planning or stress. That's why I haven't made ADR's.

I hadn't thought about eating at the bar, but that's a good idea.