SOG Restaurants?

jbm02

DIS Veteran
For anyone who has been at SOG within the last year, have the restaurants improved? Our last trip to SOG was several years ago and the food was awful. We will be at WDW next week and are looking for a "last morning breakfast" before heading home. Should we chance SOG??

Just realized I am in wrong thread! Thats what happens when I try to do this from my phone! Sorry, all.,.

We just returned from SOG last week. We only ate breakfast there because it was included in a special they had. It was fine, but nothing great. They have an omelet station and then your usual buffet food. Another option is to walk over to the Poly and do Ohana or the Kona Cafe for something nicer. Overall though it was fine but nothing special.

We were just there in December. We had breakfast at SOG every morning because it was included in our pkg. It was an okay breakfast, but nothing spectacular - bacon, made to order eggs/omelets, toast, rolls, fruit, etc.

The dinner buffet, on the other hand, was not great. Bland food, weird side items, tasted 'cafeteria'-ish.

The resort is wonderful & the price & size of rooms can't be beat.

Have fun!!!

We ate at SOG when we stayed there in 2004- some of the worst food I've ever eaten. That was almost ten years ago but I would still recommend walking to the Poly and eating at Kona Cafe. Delicious food and a peaceful way to end the trip! If you're looking to save money, eat in their quick service restaurant, Captain Cooks, try the famous tonga toast for around $6!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter