SOG already full for February? Help

ArmyWifey1974

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone... I have attempted to call Shades Of Green all last week only to be put on hold over an hour each time , I gave up and decided to look at their site for availability.... But everytime I check various dates for February it does not show any prices or available rooms... I don't know if this is a problem with my computer , or if they are actually booked.. I thought that Feb was a slow season so I don't know what to think now... I do realize that I can get an overflow rate at another WDW hotel if they are booked , however I am just curious if anyone else is trying to book a room for Shades Of Green in Feb and have been told that they are filled already??? Any advice or tips are appreciated... Thanks!

When the website tells you it's full you should see a link to apply for overflow rates. Email them via that link, they've always gotten back to me within 3 days. Their website shows them being at capacity when they get within 20% of being full or at least that is what they told me back in November. They will get back to you, I've found email to be the easiest way to deal with them.

I have heard about the overflow, but how good are the rates? I posted somewhere else I would like to stay there, but with the dh's schedule, it is really hard to plan very far in advance. I would hate to reserve a room and not be sure if I could really use it. I think a lot of people book far in advance for SOG and just hope their plans work out.

Good Luck at getting your rooms, I am hoping it works out and you get in at SOG!

I know what you mean about planning far in advance. My husband is now retired but when he was active duty we were lucky if his leave was approved 30 days before we were to leave.

The best time to call SOG is between 1:30-3, Tuesday-Friday. I was also told that the website shows full when it's only 80% to prevent over booking. We've used the overflow rates many times. Usually get a moderate for $79. plus tax.

They are pretty quick to respond to emails, usually 48 hours.

I called SOG this a.m. On hold about 30 minutes. Inquired about Feb 5-12 and they still had handicapped rooms which were available to anyone.

This post is ironic! I am a TA and I just happen to look into availability for a friend of mine for the exact week your discussing. The computer did show no availablity. So, refusing to give up, I did what I would do with a WDW on site reservation and look on the website and break up the dates and check on a day to day basis. It appears all the days except for Friday the 11th are available.

Good Luck!

Debbie

We have booked overflow several times. The 79+ tax for moderates sounds about right.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter