Sofabed at SSR - how comfy?

TracyK

DIS Veteran
My son will be sleeping on the sofabed at SSR. He slept on the sofabed in the studio at AKL and found it quite comfortable just wondering if the sofabeds at SSR are similar?

I have three kids: 15, 12, and 9. The 15 year old claimed the couch all week during spring break. I offered to set up a rotation, but she preferred the sofa sleeper to the prospect of sharing a room with one of her brothers. :rotfl2:

My 17 year old said it was very comfy. It is the foam sections and he said it was like laying on a pillow.

Kids seem to like them (evidence above) but us adults thought they were a bit too firm for our aging bones.

Bigger problem for us was only one thin blanket for that bed. It was cold when we were there in May!

Does anyone know if Disney would be willing to modify the sleeper sofa in a room? My sister and I shared a studio a few years back. Neither of us could sleep on it. It was like 3 strips of foam stapled to a board. Hard... flat... horrible. We ended up sharing the bed. I'm planning another studio stay this Fall and dread the sleeper sofa situation and really don't want to have to share the single "real" bed with my travel partner. Would Disney let us "borrow" a real mattress to toss ontop of the sleeper? Give us a rollaway? anything? I really really wish they would offer some studio rooms with 2 queens or doubles for this reason (at resorts besides OKW).

I slept on the sofa bed when I was in a 2BR in SSR in may- it was one of those foam ones. It was a dedicated 2BR so it was the bed in the living room, but I assume those are the same as the ones in the studios anyway. I thought it was okay, not great. The foam is pretty firm, really nothing like sleeping on a mattress, but not terrible either. On the plus side, I was actually able to fold the bed up into the sofa with the blankets still on it so I didn't have to completely unmake and re-make the bed every morning/night.

@Tina, as far as rollaways go, I'm pretty sure Disney is completely anti-rollaway, don't even know if they exist at Disney, lol. You could always ask for all the options you mentioned though, worst they can do is say no.

My friend and I will be driving to Disney for our studio stay. I wonder if I couldnt just bring along a featherbed or similar to make the sleeper more comfy? Any suggestions as to what might help?

I hope that I just found the answer to my own question. I just bought a 5 inch think feather bed (not one of those thin ones) on Amazon.com. Fingers crossed that it makes the sleeper sofa as comfy as a real bed! :)

I am a 36 year old with a bad back and slept on the sofa bed the past two trips for a total of 22 days. DD kept climbing into the king bed with us and she kicks like crazy! :lmao:

Wasn't that bad. Not a comfortable as a real bed but for vacation it was fine.

We had a 1BR last month, in the Paddock section (I think it may have been 5754) and it had the typical old type of sofabed that my DD said was horrible. She requested some help from housekeeping and they brought two egg-crate foam pads, which helped some; she also got an extra blanket. I will be taking along my memory foam pad next time we go.

My 26 yr old DS finds the sofabeds at SSR(2Br) so comfy that he calls it when we first arrive. The sisters say, "Oh well....I guess we'll have to sleep in an actual bed in an actual ROOM." LOL :thumbsup2

P.S. That's them in the picture to the left. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter