soda left in car ?

7 out of 12 bottles were just tossed because the soda was flat. I guess I have to pick up soda when I pick up his cake tomorrow. I will never leave soda in my car again

Last edited:
lesson learned never leave soda or water in the car during the summer

Learned this also a few years ago when one of the local drug stores had 2 litre Cokes on sale. I bought the limit at one store, put them in the trunk, stopped an another store, did the same. Next day stopped and bought more on the way to work, had them in the back seat and the next day while I was driving I kept hearing this hissing sound and couldn't figure out what it was :confused3(all this was during some hot-hot summer weather) until I get home and am actually going to take all those 2 litres in the house and discovered some of the ones in the back seat were making the noise and were not quite full any longer. Very carefully took them inside and loosened the caps on those to make sure they wouldn't explode. The ones in the trunk fared a lot better as I assume it was not as hot there as the back seat. We used the hissy ones first and I think only one had lost some of the flavor.

7 out of 12 bottles were just tossed because the soda was flat. I guess I have to pick up soda when I pick of his cake tomorrow. I will never leave soda in my car again

How do you know they were flat? You opened them all?

I didn't think today was that hot in the northeast. But if the bottles deformed, I wouldn't trust them.

I didn't think today was that hot in the northeast. But if the bottles deformed, I wouldn't trust them.

I'm in NY and it was hot today. It's not as humid as it was earlier in the week but it's still hot. I'm not sure what the high was but it's still 81 degrees right now at almost 10pm.

I'm in NY and it was hot today. It's not as humid as it was earlier in the week but it's still hot. I'm not sure what the high was but it's still 81 degrees right now at almost 10pm.
it was 91 here today and it's 78 at 10pm

Some of it would have worked great as a drain cleaner....

Personally I keep a cooler to protect groceries and electronics from a hot vehicle. Otherwise get the stuff the morning of. For a ball game? You would have needed a cooler anyways for ice.

I've been storing a 12 pack (of cans) in my van. Probably not a good idea. I just bring a cup with me everywhere I go and get ice, then I can have a drink and not have to buy one.

The cans tend to explode here if left in the car too long ;) At least in summer

I've lived in NJ too long. It's got to hit near 100 to impress me with the heat. lol

I haven't exploded soda in my trunk. (yet) But I had a laundry detergent freeze and burst open. Good times last winter.

I've lived in NJ too long. It's got to hit near 100 to impress me with the heat. lol

I haven't exploded soda in my trunk. (yet) But I had a laundry detergent freeze and burst open. Good times last winter.
I had that happen with windshield washer last winter

I have decided I am not going to buy more soda I will make a big jug of iced tea and a big jug of water, I was worried I would not have enough drinks for 40 people but it is what it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter