Sobeys Airmiles

round 2 = success!!!!!!!

Went to Burlington and did 6 then detoured to Bronte on my way home for 6 more. I'm sure I could have done many more at each store. I really wish I had in Burlington...the cashier was one of those people with wicked fast fingers on the register. I was chatting with the cashier in Bronte and I almost asked her if she would mind doing a few more if I went to the end of the line.

I called a friend in Milton and told her about the deal....she went and checked into it, said that there is a big sign on the GC rack that says "you can not pay for a GC with a GC". I told her to try anyway but she chickened out.

AUGHHHHH!!!!!! Denied at the store that started it all. To be fair it was busy and my cashier wasn't there, and tried both ways but no. I will try on way home just after midnight and see what happens.
Great job Dancing, head out sunday and see what happens.

Try the system of buying a gift card with a gift card. |THere is no small print saying you cant. Thats is what we have been able to do, over and over and over. So much that last time I had 4000 points off the one card. If they dont the other way that even the sobeys that wouldnt let me do the first way let me do this way. With your GC buy a prepaid visa/mastercard. There will be a $6 fee with that but its worth it. Then you turn around and buy a GC with the prepaid visa. And so on. This works as well and when you think about it 200 points is equal to just over $20. So to spend 6 to get 20 i think is a good deal.
Good luck, Its a loophole they havent closed.

We don't have Sobey's in BC and sadly the Thrifty Foods flyer for the 200AM for a $200 Smile Card does have that dreaded small print that says only one per collector card or joint collector account.

AUGHHHHH!!!!!! Denied at the store that started it all. To be fair it was busy and my cashier wasn't there, and tried both ways but no. I will try on way home just after midnight and see what happens.
Great job Dancing, head out sunday and see what happens.
That stinks.

Somehow I ended up with a wicked cold in Oct. and should be staying under the covers but I really want to give this a try. Yes it's brrr cold out there, stay warm.

So I go in and buy a Sobeys Gift card for 150.00 dollars ,for this I get 150 airmiles, then using the Sobeys gift card I buy a 150.00 Visa card + a (6 dollar activation fee), for this I get 150 airmiles. So for this transaction I would have 300 airmiles and I'd have a 150.00 Visa plus the 6 dollar activation fee.?

Now if I went to the next cashier and used the 150.00 dollar Visa gift card and buy a 150.00 dollar Sobeys card I'd get another 150.00 airmiles?
Anyone sure they are not going to throw me out of the store?
How many transactions have you done with just one cashier?
Hugs Mel

Not sure if I'm following this correctly. Why after buying the Visa $150 card would you get an additional 150 airmiles? I thought the airmiles was only for the Sobey's gift card? Did I miss something?

BTW- had a heck of a time even BUYING a Sobey's card yesterday. One of the Sobeys by me isn't allowing you to pay by credit card - only cash or debit. I guess someone ripped them off a few weeks ago and the owner is scared to take credit cards now. No luck at either store near me (Fonthill, Welland) being able to do the gift card buys gift card. They are all onto it. Trying Niagara Falls tomorrow.

No you only get the points for the Sobeys card. The buying of the Visa is a end around if they don't let you buy a GC with a GC. You then buy a Visa and pay the $6 ( you will get approx. 7 airmiles for this transaction) and then you buy a new Sobeys GC and get a new 150 points.
Clear as mud?:confused3

Not sure if I'm following this correctly. Why after buying the Visa $150 card would you get an additional 150 airmiles? I thought the airmiles was only for the Sobey's gift card? Did I miss something?

BTW- had a heck of a time even BUYING a Sobey's card yesterday. One of the Sobeys by me isn't allowing you to pay by credit card - only cash or debit. I guess someone ripped them off a few weeks ago and the owner is scared to take credit cards now. No luck at either store near me (Fonthill, Welland) being able to do the gift card buys gift card. They are all onto it. Trying Niagara Falls tomorrow.
You have to select a young cashier(teenager)most don't care what you're doing.

So I think the jig is up. I went back to Bronte today and was told that it's not allowed. When I said I had done it before the cashier said that they were all told this morning that it's against store policy. Then on my way home, just for entertainment, I stopped in at Glen Abbey and got 3 cards through before the cashier said she had to get a manager because she wasn't allowed to do that many GC on her own. At that point I said I was in a rush and would come back later.

Yup denied all tries this weekend, Oh well good while the going was. Glad I was able to get 3 cards out of it. Good job this weekend Dancing.

Dang, you guys are good. I was out of town and didn't see the flyer until Sunday morning, so I stopped on my way home and bought a gc in Gravenhurst. The teenage cashier was chatty and said that she got in trouble for letting someone pay for a gc with a gc on Saturday. I took that as my hint to not even ask. ;)

The last few times that Sobeys has had the AM/GC deal, Foodland has it (or a similar one, maybe 100 AM for a $100 gc) the next week, so keep an eye open!

Dang, you guys are good. I was out of town and didn't see the flyer until Sunday morning, so I stopped on my way home and bought a gc in Gravenhurst. The teenage cashier was chatty and said that she got in trouble for letting someone pay for a gc with a gc on Saturday. I took that as my hint to not even ask. ;)

The last few times that Sobeys has had the AM/GC deal, Foodland has it (or a similar one, maybe 100 AM for a $100 gc) the next week, so keep an eye open!
At $100/100AM that's not worth the trouble to me. I feel like this time around was a fail compared to last time. I only managed to earn 2250 AM. I was hoping to make around 4000. Anyway, I'm done with the game. It's just too time consuming and I've got a nice amount saved up in my AM account.

I'll take what I can get!
Even one kids 3 day ticket saves me $300.
Foodland is the only grocery store that is less than a 40 minute drive from me, so the gift cards get used!

No specifically a Sobey's AM question, but a general AM question.

Can I use a buy $x get xAM more than once? If Rexall has a buy $50, get 50AM promotion, can I use it more than once? Do I need to do separate transactions? They have some stuff on sale this week that I need, and if I'm going to be spending $80+, I might as well make it $100 if I can get the extra AM!

Can I use a buy $x get xAM more than once? If Rexall has a buy $50, get 50AM promotion, can I use it more than once? Do I need to do separate transactions? They have some stuff on sale this week that I need, and if I'm going to be spending $80+, I might as well make it $100 if I can get the extra AM!

Hi Hon
I know that promotion starts tomorrow but Today the one for spend
50.00 and get 80 points is still on till the end of the day
EmailOct5-AM5080.jpg

Go here to get the coupon
http://www.frugalis.ca/air-miles-80-bonus-miles-at-rexall/

yes just ask them to do two separate bills.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

Yes divide into multiple transactions to get more AM. Store generally don't care if you do that....Rexall certainly won't.

As Bababear noted there are better promos than the spend $50 get 50....2 weeks ago it was spend $50 get 110. The best regular one is the email coupon for spend $30 get 50.

Yes divide into multiple transactions to get more AM. Store generally don't care if you do that....Rexall certainly won't.

As Bababear noted there are better promos than the spend $50 get 50....2 weeks ago it was spend $50 get 110. The best regular one is the email coupon for spend $30 get 50.

I love the spend $30 get 50 airmiles promo,,
make sure you sign up with Rexall to get the email coupons.
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!