Soarin' Over California or Florida???

Howdy Y'all, I've been hiding in the community board and just snuck over here to see what is happening.

We went to California last weekend; here is the link to my trip report, it is coming out slow but we rode Soarin' several times.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=461820

The first time you ride Soarin' you feel like you are riding on a chair suspended from a hang glider. I actually lifted my feet when we buzzed the "Generic Lake". It is an incredible ride, and while it every time you ride it you see more of the mechanism...it is definitely an E-ticket ride.

As far as Soarin' over Florida, I could see South Beach and a few other places. What would be more in order would be Soarin' around the world. The IMAX movie is quite expensive to make, so I figure it will be changed when they can work a movie tie-in to justify the cost (like they did with Dinosaur!!!)

:bounce:

I could see South Beach and a few other places...
As I pointed out earlier, I think the bare breasts on South Beach would pretty much exempt Disney from cosidering it for a flyover...

pirate:

As I pointed out earlier, I think the bare breasts on South Beach would pretty much exempt Disney from cosidering it for a flyover...
"Come on kids."
"Ah Dad, do we have to ride Soarin' again?"
"Just once more."
"But this will be 16 straight times."

There are some shots of a generic river, deserts, oceans, orange groves,

I suppose they are only generic if you don't recognize them ? As someone who grew up in Ventura county ....trust me when the Camarillo orange groves surrounded by eculiptus tress flashed onto the screen I was flooded with nostalgia !
That shot was not generic !

Come on Peter, bar breasts is a perfect reason to have a film about FLA!!!! Escpecially with the most up to date camera's with zoom lenses!!!! Talk about a attraction with re-rideability!!!!!!

We just experienced SOC last weekend for the first (2) times:earsboy: WDW is our "home" park and we will welcome SOC there. It will fit in nicely as one of the premiere attractions at WDW. To argue the location of the video is like saying "why not Pirates of the South Pacific?"

From what I've heard, this will be in the Land pavillion at Epcot. So how connected the film is to land? I have no clue but we're seeing if from the AIR as I understand it. Maybe over time, they'll show the whole country. Sounds interesting. Just hope we won't have to lose Food Rocks in the process, since that's a family favorite.

Just hope we won't have to lose Food Rocks in the process
Sorry to have to tell you, but apparently Food Rocks will be closing soon as that is where they will be building the entrance to Soarin '

Just checked... Food Rocks will be closing on January 3rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter