Soarin' is done!

Our trip is in the beginning of June too and we would be happy to get to see the old film if we can't have the old. We have never done it at WDW, but we rode it several times in DL. One of our family favorites!

But my kids want to know..... Is Patrick, your chief flight attendant still there???????

It's not the film. It's the calibrating of the gliders to match the film and the smells to be discharged. CMs were already being lined up to test the new film with the glider movements.

They have known since they shut the thing down that they couldn't open the new film until after Shanghai so nothing about that is a surprise or new. And there should be no guest expecting it before Shanghai. It just makes no sense to adjust everything to the old, then have to adjust and test everything back to the new.

Can't say it won't happen as Disney has proven themselves quite capable of wasted money and energy but maybe they should put all efforts on getting Frozenland open .........

AND let's not forget that RoL was ready too ... until it wasn't.

Why does it seem everyone is making this out to be a difficult switchover from old to new? It's all digital, projection and ride motion sync...it can be changed in the minutes between rides. It sounds like people think the seven dwarfs need to come out and do a whole lot of switching over for the change! How do people think Star Tours works?

Why does it seem everyone is making this out to be a difficult switchover from old to new? It's all digital, projection and ride motion sync...it can be changed in the minutes between rides. It sounds like people think the seven dwarfs need to come out and do a whole lot of switching over for the change! How do people think Star Tours works?

If it were so easy then there would be no need for CMs to ride over and over while it calibrates, there wouldn't be complaints from DL that some days it's out of sync enough the guests notice, that the ride is sophisticated enough that if they have to stop it mid-ride it takes extended time to get it back up and running ....

Star Tours was BUILT to switch and simulate, Soarin' was not.

In the end it really doesn't even matter does it? It's just really a shame even Soarin' got Shanghaied.....

There is so many little things riding on whether or not I actually like Soarin' Around the World. Missing Jerry Goldsmith's score and not hearing Kronk tell us to put away those beauties would really hinder my experience. Not that Soarin' was one of my favorites, honestly I never thought it was worth the insane waiting times (only times I ever found it fulfilling was when I waited under a half hour, once Fastpass took 45 minutes for me) but if those little things were missing I don't know how I'd react. I knew I liked Test Track 2.0 more than I thought I would but it's still nothing compared to the original. I don't know guess we'll have to wait and find out

... But they can't open it until Shanghai Disney opens...

During a recent trip, I was told by a CM in Epcot that their work is done, the new film is in, and they are waiting for Shanghai to debut before they open the ride again. Anyone else hear this?

The Shanghai project has REAAALLY been sucking the love and magic (and money) out of trips made to WDW; after talking with relatives, who have also recently gone, they just can't imagine going back until there is positive change. Service is no longer "Disneyesque", and I feel with the budget cuts and ESPN loses, I will be having to donate a kidney to go back next time. With Soarin' being my favorite ride, I really was bummed to hear that it's done, I just couldn't ride it until I dished out my life savings for another trip.

Soarin is my fav ride in all of WDW, and we are missing the opening by a week! We will be there June 2-8 and just missed it! Like you, I cannot afford to turn around and dish out more money for a trip this year. So upset that we are missing it!

We have heard Memorial Day weekend for
. . . Soarin' (EP)
. . . Tree of Life (AK)
. . . Tiffins Restraurant (AK)
. . . Tusker House Restaurant evening hours (AK)

NOTE: No word on soft or hard dates for Frozen (EP) or Rivers of Light (AK) due to technical difficulties at both.

We have heard Memorial Day weekend for
. . . Soarin' (EP)
. . . Tree of Life (AK)
. . . Tiffins Restraurant (AK)
. . . Tusker House Restaurant evening hours (AK)

NOTE: No word on soft or hard dates for Frozen (EP) or Rivers of Light (AK) due to technical difficulties at both.

If soarin opens Memorial Day it'll have to show the old film from what I understand

But my kids want to know..... Is Patrick, your chief flight attendant still there???????

Technically I can't see any reason why they'd need to change it...the only thing they would change would be the city names, but I'm pretty sure Patrick doesn't mention "California" in his spiel

Technically I can't see any reason why they'd need to change it...the only thing they would change would be the city names, but I'm pretty sure Patrick doesn't mention "California" in his spiel
True, if I can recall the only mentions of California in the preshow are the locations flying by

Lets all take a moment to acknowledge that this project was completed ahead of schedule......
We've heard that but there's certainly no proof of it unless it opens! For all we know it could just be a rumor that Disney started so their project management group looks good! It would also be interested to hear how they did compared to the original budget.

We've heard that but there's certainly no proof of it unless it opens! For all we know it could just be a rumor that Disney started so their project management group looks good! It would also be interested to hear how they did compared to the original budget.

So-- I'll bet you a beer it opens "on schedule".. whatever that is... haha.

I can't imagine the budget was that much of a problem-- it's just a warehouse building with a fit out that has already been done--

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter