Soarin' does not have a Mile High Club! Trip report- 8/20 final chapter.

I was excited to see you'd started your trip report!

The Villa is beyond gorgeous....that must have been awesome to come home to every night.

Looking forward to hearing more:thumbsup2

Sorry to hear that today has been so bad. I am sorry that things haven't gone wonderful with your DH ear surgery.

Maybe the drive won't be as rough as you think it is going to be. As my dad used to say take your time going but hurry back.:hug:

:goodvibes Love your dad's saying.

I was excited to see you'd started your trip report!

The Villa is beyond gorgeous....that must have been awesome to come home to every night.

Looking forward to hearing more:thumbsup2

Thanks! It was so wonderful to walk into that villa. :cloud9: I could live there.

Hi ya. No Disney update, just a real life update.

DH's ear surgery was far more intense than anticipated. He is home mending. I made it to Denver with the kids. Wyoming could possbily, at least along route 80 from Utah, be the ugliest place in the US. Dry, flat, yawn.............

Tonight we are going to see TS3 and to Dave and Busters, although I am not sure what that is. DD saw a Nordstrom's and wants to shop. I also need to run to Target and grab a few things I forgot for their camp. I will be driving solo from Denver to SLC tomorrow so wish me luck.

Good Morning! So sorry about DH's recovery..sending healing prayers up for him! Glad the first leg of the trip went OK.
Had a poorly planned yard sale yesterday so i could have spending $ for DL and get back my garage! Made enough for dinner and a movie instead! Last night, took my boys (Who are not going to DL next week on the girls grad trip- they get to go in Oct with entire family)to ToyStory 3 . We all loved it. Yahoo had an article last week on inside things to watch for...like Sid is the garbage man in this movie and wears the same Tee-shirt as in TS1!
Hope the kids have a great week at camp and you have a SAFE trip home!!! You can daydream by thinking of all those great memories you just made at DL and start planning your next trip! You've been so busy a few quiet hours to yourself (even ig the're in a car) should be welcome!
We are now in countdown mode for leaving on Sat!
Have a great day!

Hi ya. No Disney update, just a real life update.

DH's ear surgery was far more intense than anticipated. He is home mending. I made it to Denver with the kids. Wyoming could possbily, at least along route 80 from Utah, be the ugliest place in the US. Dry, flat, yawn.............

Tonight we are going to see TS3 and to Dave and Busters, although I am not sure what that is. DD saw a Nordstrom's and wants to shop. I also need to run to Target and grab a few things I forgot for their camp. I will be driving solo from Denver to SLC tomorrow so wish me luck.

I am sorry to hear that the recovery from the ear surgery isn't so great. And the drive sounds like I-5. You have my sympathy on that drive. Drive carefully.

Good Morning! So sorry about DH's recovery..sending healing prayers up for him! Glad the first leg of the trip went OK.
Had a poorly planned yard sale yesterday so i could have spending $ for DL and get back my garage! Made enough for dinner and a movie instead! Last night, took my boys (Who are not going to DL next week on the girls grad trip- they get to go in Oct with entire family)to ToyStory 3 . We all loved it. Yahoo had an article last week on inside things to watch for...like Sid is the garbage man in this movie and wears the same Tee-shirt as in TS1!
Hope the kids have a great week at camp and you have a SAFE trip home!!! You can daydream by thinking of all those great memories you just made at DL and start planning your next trip! You've been so busy a few quiet hours to yourself (even ig the're in a car) should be welcome!
Have a great day!

Glad to hear that you guys enjoyed the movie. I didn't even realize it. You are inside of a week!! Woohoo!!

Have a great day!

I am sorry your sale didn't make more money. Garage sales are a lot of work. I had one once and it wasn't worth the time. I put out nicer things and learned people want to pay .50 to $1 is all.

I will look for the Yahoo article- thanks!

Saturday will be here before you know it. Are you all ready?

I am sorry to hear that the recovery from the ear surgery isn't so great. And the drive sounds like I-5. You have my sympathy on that drive. Drive carefully.

Thanks! I will.

The kids are all playing basketball so I am trying to update. We'll see how far I get. I apologize in advance.

I am sick of getting the beaver!!!
sickofbeingthebeaver.jpg

The original plan: Monday 6/14:
DL: 8am-mid DCA 10-10
• DCA by 9:15 for rope drop
• DCA all day
• Pixar Parade at 5:15
• Dinner at Wine Country
• WoC
• Disneyland until close

How it actually went down.................and it went down as planned!!!!

The night before we debated going over to Disneyland to grab FPs for Splash and Indy but decided we needed the sleep. I think DCA rope drop counts as a rope drop though.

Woke up on time, filled our bellies with coffee, bagels, fruit, and cereal and headed to DCA using the GCV entrance. Let me tell ya, that perk alone rocks! Waited at the rope to high tail it to TSMM which would be the DCA daily plan. That line never got under 45 minutes- ever. That ride SO needs a FP.

Of course, I don't remember when we did what in the morning so I will just share pics from the morning until the break.

Chloe:
159.jpg

Michael and Joshua:
161.jpg

GRR:
162.jpg

163.jpg

165.jpg

166.jpg

167.jpg

168.jpg

Animation Studio:
animation.jpg

Screamin':
screamin.jpg

BFF:
bff.jpg

Lunch was at Award Weiners- chili dogs for all my friends.....after a fun morning, everyone was hammered. This is how hammered the girls were:
middaybreak.jpg

Of course because I don't sleep, I walked around and snapped some pictures.

GCV pool:
169.jpg

170.jpg

171.jpg

GCV around the grounds:
172.jpg

173.jpg

174.jpg

175.jpg

176.jpg

179.jpg

Across the street to the PPH:
180.jpg

Up next, later that day, WCT and WoC!!!! popcorn::

YEAH! I'm all caught up, subscribed and loving your TR! I just keeps getting me so excited for our trip in October. Now, I didn't put a request in for a room, but what was the view difference between what you requested and what you got? I'm so glad you had a great time and can't wait to read more.

Also, have decided that we're doing dinner in Huntington Beach - on Oct 2, printed a few menus. Don the Beachcomber and Longboard Pub. I'm trying to find something that we can eat outside and if possible, something on the water. Any suggestions?

Glad to hear that you guys enjoyed the movie. I didn't even realize it. You are inside of a week!! Woohoo!!

Doing the 5 more day dance ( and panicking!!!)

I am sorry your sale didn't make more money. Garage sales are a lot of work. I had one once and it wasn't worth the time. I put out nicer things and learned people want to pay .50 to $1 is all.

I will look for the Yahoo article- thanks!

Saturday will be here before you know it. Are you all ready?

Not even, but just went to the $store for glow necklaces and bracelets bandaids etc for the trip. (OK even a poncho if we are getting too misted at WOC!)
Getting out suitcase today to start setting aside things I do not want to forget.

Jenny,
Does the beaver mean you lost?

Karen, I did that, I got close and started to panic. But, now I am glad I decided to shuck it all and go the no stress route.

Hope your dh's ear continues to heal. Hope you stay safe as you travel. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished. Love the picture of the girls sleeping they must have been wasted.

I love the pic of the girls in the Sorcerer hats!! Very cute!! I also chuckled at the pic with the 4 kids in the one bed.......lol (we'd never get that to happen with our group!!)
The Grand Californian has lots of beautiful things to get pictures of....thanx for sharing!!!

YEAH! I'm all caught up, subscribed and loving your TR! I just keeps getting me so excited for our trip in October. Now, I didn't put a request in for a room, but what was the view difference between what you requested and what you got? I'm so glad you had a great time and can't wait to read more.

Also, have decided that we're doing dinner in Huntington Beach - on Oct 2, printed a few menus. Don the Beachcomber and Longboard Pub. I'm trying to find something that we can eat outside and if possible, something on the water. Any suggestions?

Chimayo and Duke's are both on the beach! :thumbsup2 The other two are on Main St across PCH.

Doing the 5 more day dance ( and panicking!!!)

Not even, but just went to the $store for glow necklaces and bracelets bandaids etc for the trip. (OK even a poncho if we are getting too misted at WOC!)
Getting out suitcase today to start setting aside things I do not want to forget.

:woohoo: Now it's the 3 day dance!!!! :dance3:

Jenny,
Does the beaver mean you lost?

Karen, I did that, I got close and started to panic. But, now I am glad I decided to shuck it all and go the no stress route.

I always get the beaver, it doesn't mean win or lose, it's just the catagory of my score.

Hope your dh's ear continues to heal. Hope you stay safe as you travel. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished. Love the picture of the girls sleeping they must have been wasted.

:goodvibes

I love the pic of the girls in the Sorcerer hats!! Very cute!! I also chuckled at the pic with the 4 kids in the one bed.......lol (we'd never get that to happen with our group!!)
The Grand Californian has lots of beautiful things to get pictures of....thanx for sharing!!!

They were so tired, I bet we could have thrown in a few more kids. :rotfl2:

After the power nap DH and I took our kids over to DCA to ride a few things they had been wanting like Jumpin’ Jellyfish and Mulholland Madness. A self-portrait:

182.jpg

We met our friends at the Wine Country Trat at 5:15 sharp for 5:30 reservations. Halle Berry was there. I noticed her and she is quite pretty even sans make up and bra. ;) She needed one. She’s in her 40’s. We all need them. Even Halle Berry! :lmao:

The check-in was easy. They asked if we wanted upstairs or downstairs. I didn’t even think about it being time for the parade but we got sat, we realized we scored. The kids had perfect views! Some candid WCT shots.

Chris and Joshua:
185.jpg

Chloe:
184.jpg

I am sure Gabby would like these :lmao:
187.jpg

189.jpg

Joshua on the wall:
190.jpg

Joshua and Chris:
191.jpg

Chloe and Lotso:
192.jpg

Michael and Gab:
193.jpg

All the food was good except for my lamb which was SO greasy.

At the end the server gave us the check and our WoC preferred dining show passes. Of course, me being me, wanted to go check out the situation so I sent the others ahead to ride ToT and Screamin’. I love shows and parades so waiting is not a big deal for me.

When I went over the CM said I would be in the blue section. The CM was wrong. I was supposed to be in the preferred dining section. I was early so moving over was not an issue. They let us all in around 7:30 pm. Luckily everyone was back because it would have been very hard to save more than a few spaces. We got right against the railing in the preferred section- perfect view. I had brought glow necklaces and snacks and the kids occupied themselves until the pre-show which was SUPER cute. I would highly suggest seeing the 9 pm show to partake in the pre-show.

Some pics:

woc2.jpg

woc.jpg

194.jpg

195.jpg

196.jpg

197.jpg

198.jpg

199.jpg

Continued in next post…………………..

Some WoC shots. Sorry for the blur but DH was not looking into the camera, he was watching the show and holding the camera. My blurry photos don’t begin to do the WoC justice.

204.jpg

207.jpg

209.jpg

214.jpg

215.jpg

217.jpg

218.jpg

221.jpg

226.jpg

229.jpg

230.jpg

This one is from our balcony, later that night, with my cell phone that makes everything appear WAY farther than it is.

fromdeckwoc.jpg

Honestly, it was the best Disney show I have been to aside from fireworks but I am a fireworks junkie. :cloud9:

After the WoC it was pretty late so I took DS back to the villa and the others went to Disneyland I think.

Even villains need love. And Lotso is no different!! I love your trip report. I "borrowed" your pictures of the villa to show a friend that has DVC. I hope you don't mind.:hippie:

:lmao: I know, right?!

I am not 40 and I need a bra, heck I needed a bra when I was in my 20's.:lmao:

We bought him before we saw the movie. After the movie she said: My Lotso is the loved Lotso, not the evil Lotso. ;)

I felt bad for all the kids who had bought the Lotso before the movie. I know Chloe loves her Lotso you can tell by how she is holding him.

Even villains need love. And Lotso is no different!! I love your trip report. I "borrowed" your pictures of the villa to show a friend that has DVC. I hope you don't mind.:hippie:

Borrow away. :thumbsup2

I am not 40 and I need a bra, heck I needed a bra when I was in my 20's.:lmao:

I felt bad for all the kids who had bought the Lotso before the movie. I know Chloe loves her Lotso you can tell by how she is holding him.

:rotfl2:

She does love her Lotso. She was a little upset when she found out he was bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter