Soarin' does not have a Mile High Club! Trip report- 8/20 final chapter.

What great pictures! Love the one of the whole group!

So where was this prime fireworks spot? We just planned on plopping down near the Hub?

What great pictures! Love the one of the whole group!

So where was this prime fireworks spot? We just planned on plopping down near the Hub?

:thanks: If you are standing in the center of the hub, facing the castle, to the right there is a bench across from the hub. In front of that bench, they rope off an area for people to keep walking. No one can stand in front you so you are able to sit during the ENTIRE fireworks show!!! :banana: It was perfect!

I am here. I was one of the lurkers yesterday.:flower3: My computer was acting crazy and every time I wrote a reply it would take so long to post it would time out, so annoying. Sounds like you had a GREAT first day.

I am here. I was one of the lurkers yesterday.:flower3: My computer was acting crazy and every time I wrote a reply it would take so long to post it would time out, so annoying. Sounds like you had a GREAT first day.

:laughing:

It was a great first day! Glad your comp is up and working- I hate when that happens. :headache:

:laughing:

It was a great first day! Glad your comp is up and working- I hate when that happens. :headache:

I do too and I don't know if it was the Dis or my comp as every other site seemed to work fine, but I didn't see that anybody else was complaining that the boards were running slow. Anyways all I know is it was very frustrating.

What fun with a big group!!! Everyone looked like they were having a blast!!

The villa is beautiful!! Looked pretty roomy!

Great pics!!

Everything looks wonderful. I love the picture if you and Joshua. Nice view you had there.:thumbsup2

Wow, I wish my condo was as nice as GCV! Then again my mortgage probably equals just a couple nights there.

Looks like everyone is having a fun time, which is especially awesome with that many kids of varying ages. Hope to hear more soon.

I do too and I don't know if it was the Dis or my comp as every other site seemed to work fine, but I didn't see that anybody else was complaining that the boards were running slow. Anyways all I know is it was very frustrating.

I agree- I hate when that happens. Remember dial-up?

What fun with a big group!!! Everyone looked like they were having a blast!!

The villa is beautiful!! Looked pretty roomy!

Great pics!!

:thanks: The GCV was big! Bigger than the AKV in WDW or it seemed. Maybe because it was brighter but it seemed to have more room. I want to add on there so badly. :cloud9:

It was a fun group. Everyone gets along, no drama, easy going. :thumbsup2

So far so good. Waiting for more. You have a very cute family.

:goodvibes Thanks and :welcome:

Everything looks wonderful. I love the picture if you and Joshua. Nice view you had there.:thumbsup2

I like that pic too! :hug: The view was amazing! You could see the WoC fountains and hear the music- it was spectacular. :lovestruc

Wow, I wish my condo was as nice as GCV! Then again my mortgage probably equals just a couple nights there.

Looks like everyone is having a fun time, which is especially awesome with that many kids of varying ages. Hope to hear more soon.

:welcome:

The kids get along really well. We have been friends with the AZ folks for years- the kids have known each other since they were in K. We have known Jenna et al for almost 3 years and have such a good time together. :grouphug:

I wish my house was as clean as the GCV. :laughing:

I am trying to write an update and trying to get the kids packed for camp. They leave for CO for 2 weeks and the amount of crap they have to bring, no laundry, is unreal. :scared:

I am a lurker too... waiting for your posts and living through your adventures until mine starts in 33 days... so much to do until then.. so I thank you for your sharing so I can check out of my busy life for a few minutes each day... :)

Popping in to say GREAT pics-BIG smiles!!! I loved your pics of last trip-look how your kids have grown...it happens doesn't it!
Your villa is beautiful with such a great view, really always feel like in the Disney moment with that outside your window, huh?
I am using RideMax but it sounds like just knowing some crowd basics helps even if you don't use "the plan". Gotta go with the flow sometimes! How were the crowds?
Anyway I'll be in and out trying to get more stuff done than time allows here before we leave next week!
Really enjoying reading about your trip-thanks for sharing!

Great first day...you got a TON done.....

The GCV looks awesome and the view is not too shabby either.

Love reading your report! The villas look awesome! I talked with a DVC owner for awhile in line for the Fantasmic Dessert. I wish it was in the cards for us, what a great deal it all seems like! Would love being right there.

Can't wait for more!

I am a lurker too... waiting for your posts and living through your adventures until mine starts in 33 days... so much to do until then.. so I thank you for your sharing so I can check out of my busy life for a few minutes each day... :)

The DIS is my favorite escape! :cloud9:

your family pics are great- glad your back and ready to read more! :hippie:

Thanks! Promise to get this up to speed once the kids are at camp.

Great trip report. I look forward to reading more. :)

:welcome:

Popping in to say GREAT pics-BIG smiles!!! I loved your pics of last trip-look how your kids have grown...it happens doesn't it!
Your villa is beautiful with such a great view, really always feel like in the Disney moment with that outside your window, huh?
I am using RideMax but it sounds like just knowing some crowd basics helps even if you don't use "the plan". Gotta go with the flow sometimes! How were the crowds?
Anyway I'll be in and out trying to get more stuff done than time allows here before we leave next week!
Really enjoying reading about your trip-thanks for sharing!

:goodvibes The crowds were not horrible, definetly not holiday/peak summer crowds even with the WoC starting. One day the Splash line was 120 minutes but the park didn't appear that crowded. :confused3 Of course we had FPs.

Great first day...you got a TON done.....

The GCV looks awesome and the view is not too shabby either.

The GCV are amazing, really. :lovestruc I would add on there in a minute and not sure I could stay anywhere else after staying there. :snooty: :laughing: I am sorry we missed you but we'll be back. The door is always open. :hug:

Love reading your report! The villas look awesome! I talked with a DVC owner for awhile in line for the Fantasmic Dessert. I wish it was in the cards for us, what a great deal it all seems like! Would love being right there.

Can't wait for more!

I didn't think DVC was in the cards until I investigated. Our villa would have cost around $1,500 a night. :faint: This stay alone paid for nearly half the total cost of our contract, minus dues of course but even with dues it won't take but a few more years to break even. :thumbsup2

Today has been hell. DH had ear surgery and it was more intense than he thought. He did great but is still very sedated and now I am thinking I should leave Sunday to drive the kids to CO but don't really want to drive 16 hours in 2 days. I am also trying to finish packing for camp. Can you say overwhelmed?

Hope everyone is having a beautiful Friday.

Ear surgery ouch! Hope he feels better. Your kids are having an awesome summer it sounds like! Disneyland and now camp! I bet you cant wait till they are gone to get in some peace and quiet but I am sure you will miss them alot! Try not to stress to much and enjoy making your memories- getting them ready for camp! :thumbsup2 (you sound like a really cool mom) :cloud9:

Ear surgery ouch! Hope he feels better. Your kids are having an awesome summer it sounds like! Disneyland and now camp! I bet you cant wait till they are gone to get in some peace and quiet but I am sure you will miss them alot! Try not to stress to much and enjoy making your memories- getting them ready for camp! :thumbsup2 (you sound like a really cool mom) :cloud9:

Disneyland and then camp one week later sounded much better on paper. ;) I agree that they are having a terrific summer. I am sure I will miss them far more than they'll miss me. :sad1:

:goodvibes Thanks for remiding me to enjoy the journey as much as the destination!!!

Sorry to hear that today has been so bad. I am sorry that things haven't gone wonderful with your DH ear surgery.

Maybe the drive won't be as rough as you think it is going to be. As my dad used to say take your time going but hurry back.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter