Soarin' at DL vs. WDW (EPCOT)

I too love Soarin at WDW and DL but find it a bit strange that we "Soar" over CA in FL. I realize that it began at DL and was brought to Epcot for the Happiest Celebration on Earth, but maybe at this point they could redo Epcot's film. If you search youtube, people hava actually created a "Soarin over Florida" set to the same music. It's pretty cool! :goodvibes

Soarin' is one of my favorites. One of my best Disney experiences is seeing my son's huge smile and wide eyes as we soared over CA.

I too love Soarin at WDW and DL but find it a bit strange that we "Soar" over CA in FL. I realize that it began at DL and was brought to Epcot for the Happiest Celebration on Earth, but maybe at this point they could redo Epcot's film. If you search youtube, people hava actually created a "Soarin over Florida" set to the same music. It's pretty cool! :goodvibes
That would be one of the reasons they did not name it "Soarin Over CA" at Epcot but only Soarin. They will be changing the film there at some point.

Soarin at DCA is not nearly as popular. FPs don't run out by noon, lines do not get up to 2 hours constantly. There is also a Single Rider line for Soarin at DCA but not at Epcot.

Yay....that is great news. This has to be one of my DH's fave rides at EPCOT, so it is awesome to hear the line may not be as bad. It is SOOO popular at EPCOT, so I look forward to maybe being able to ride it more than once when at DCA!

Yay....that is great news. This has to be one of my DH's fave rides at EPCOT, so it is awesome to hear the line may not be as bad. It is SOOO popular at EPCOT, so I look forward to maybe being able to ride it more than once when at DCA!

I've ridden it twice a day every day when i stayed at the PP. Easy to do the 1-2 (Soarin'/Griz FP hop). before & after our break. Both are near the GCH "secret entrance". If you ride it early in the day & / or with a FP, never over a 20 min. wait.

I love to look for new details that I've missed (like the hikers / climbers bottom left in Yosemite). & the ending of it at DL is just...perfect.

So does anyone else get a small thrill from putting your arms out like Superman? I tried that when I went on it last time and it somehow made it even better.

The stranger I was sitting next to cracked up, but putting my arms out like that was fun! :upsidedow

I like the person who falls while skiing...

So does anyone else get a small thrill from putting your arms out like Superman? I tried that when I went on it last time and it somehow made it even better.

The stranger I was sitting next to cracked up, but putting my arms out like that was fun! :upsidedow

I like the person who falls while skiing...

i like to kick the heads of the guys in the kayaks:lmao:

the golfing dude is Michael Eisner!
The orange grove is in Camarillo, where I grew up....so it is very specific and recognizable to me!

I'm glad they are changin the movie at WDW one of these days. I know there are lots of cool things the could do for Flroida. I just thought it was yet another short cut taken at WDW attractions. We prefer DL and just really love the Cali touches

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter