Soarin' at DL vs. WDW (EPCOT)

Dsny1sttimer

Earning My Ears
We were at WDW in May '05, and Soarin' was probably one of our favorite rides, especially DS (now 6, then 4). How is the ride different, if at all at DL?
Thanks!
:teacher:

We went on the one at Epcot, too, and SO loved it! We can't wait to go on again at DLR! I thought they brought it to Epcot as a copy of the one at DCA, so I thought they were supposed to be the same, but maybe not. Someone will know! :)

They are exactly the same -- except that at DL Patrick welcomes you to "Soarin' over California" instead of just "Soarin'" . . .

It even ends at Main Street WDW all decorated at Christmas?

I was hoping it would be a little different. Its my favorite. I get to Epcot an hour early to be first in line! Then get a fastpass for it to do it again!

I was hoping it would be a little different. Its my favorite. I get to Epcot an hour early to be first in line! Then get a fastpass for it to do it again!

It ends at DL's Main Street...just like the one at DCA. :)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is DL at the end of the Soarin film. I think it would be pretty obvious because of the Matterhorn. :confused3

Soarin at DCA is not nearly as popular. FPs don't run out by noon, lines do not get up to 2 hours constantly. There is also a Single Rider line for Soarin at DCA but not at Epcot.

LOL Ohhh okay! Im WDW brainwashed!!

Cant wait to go to DLC. I havent been there since 1986!

Its Disneyland Main street at the end but WDW castle. When it first came out in DCA Im pretty sure it was SnowWhite Castle but its not now. Its Cinderella Castle. Its the same for Epcot and DCA too. (Except as previously talked about the queing ect..)

Everyone is of course correct that the rides are the same. However, I like DCA's more because IMO the Condor Flats location gives a much better themed location, entrance and queue.

I dunno, I enjoyed those "group participation" games they play at WDW in the queue. Both are fine.

Its Disneyland Main street at the end but WDW castle. When it first came out in DCA Im pretty sure it was SnowWhite Castle but its not now. Its Cinderella Castle. Its the same for Epcot and DCA too. (Except as previously talked about the queing ect..)
The castle is Sleeping Beauty's. At the end of the video you will see the Matterhorn and DL's Small World all decked out for Christmas next to it :cool1:

I love this attraction too!!! :cloud9: It's one of those things where you just have a nice feeling at the end. And everytime I've been on it, everybody claps at the end. :cheer2:

The castle is Sleeping Beauty's. At the end of the video you will see the Matterhorn and DL's Small World all decked out for Christmas next to it :cool1:

I love this attraction too!!! :cloud9: It's one of those things where you just have a nice feeling at the end. And everytime I've been on it, everybody claps at the end. :cheer2:

Yeah, I was gonna say, I was just there in January and I would have sworn it was always, and still was, Sleeping Beauty's Castle!:wizard: I would have been bummed out if they changed it! This is also one of our family's all time favorites!:dance3:

who the heck has a snow white castle??? would have to be an international DL...not here in the US...and yes it is Sleeping Beauty castle in DL...soarin is ALL about california...they arent going to put something from FL in a show about california...ive been on that ride more times than I can count...I would have noticed by now if it was Cindy's castle

So why is Main Street done up for xmas? Do they really not change that up? (I thought it was b/c my first time on was in Dec, and then in late Jan they just hadn't changed it yet)

Bumbershoot- Its done in Xmas themeing because that is when even DL gets a little more magical!!!!! :wizard:

It also probably has something to do with the fact that it films better with all the extra Flair and Lights, it is also more visually interesting. Or the cheap buggers filmed at Christmas and decided to leave it that way :rotfl: it was opened with DCA's HUGE ride budget :rotfl2: They do not change the film by the seasons.

The funny thing is they never pictured this ride to be a big deal, but wow did they under estimate the experience. I don't ride it often enough because of the lines, but it really is a fantastic experience. And if we can get my GM on it who is TERRIFIED of heights and she loves it, now that says something.

I still think its funny they have the CA film in FL, its funny because I try and guess where everything they show is, but let me tell you an orange crop, in a valley could be about 12 cities in CA. haha!! I like that they are near my house in one, the sounds they use, sound so familiar!

So why is Main Street done up for xmas? Do they really not change that up? (I thought it was b/c my first time on was in Dec, and then in late Jan they just hadn't changed it yet)

It was shot at a Disney employees Christmas party. A friend who works for Disney (not as a CM) and her family are in the shot! Once she told me I had to ride it a few times to find her. :)

Thanks everyone, I'm glad to hear it's fairly the same. This was one of the best rides we went on at WDW. Not for a "thrill" factor, but so enjoyable and unique. Plus, the kids really loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter