So would you go to MK anyway?

hkp1042

Mouseketeer
DS came home all excited because his band teacher told him the high school band will be in Magic Kingdom the Thursday of Spring Break and we will be there that week. He wants to go to Magic Kingdom that day to see them. Problem is it is the park to avoid because of EMH (we are staying off site).

Would you go there that day anyway? How bad will it really be?

I would go, just because it is something your DS wants to see, you can always park hop out of there after.

I guess that is just me, I would make it work for DS

Good luck and have lots of fun!

Just go. Even a bad day at MK is better than a good day at, I don't know...Chuck E. Cheese.

Do you have hoppers? If you know what time they are performing, you can always park hop over for that part of the day.

I went to WDW for spring break when I was in high school marching band -- it was SO MUCH FUN!!! :goodvibes

I would go. My DS's marching band is performing on March 30th at the MK and we are going too. We can not wait. He is very exited to march at his favorite place to vacation.

Thanks I was leaning toward going but having not been there in 20 some years I wasn't sure how bad the peak days really were. We do not have park hoppers but it will be our second day spent at MK. Our first day is a low crowd day :)

Our daughters band played on Easter Sunday a few years ago and we went without much problem.It was indeed very crowded but we got there early and got in a few rides and we ate a early lunch at a counter service. After the parade we took off and went to the studios and I think it was more crowded than the MK

1 ? to look into: is this a day when they're likely to get *so* busy that they turn people away? If you're staying off-site and get there just before the performance, you may not be able to get in if it's *really* busy?

Go - it would be good for school spirit! Is only the marching band going or is the choral department going too? When my DD went a few years back, those not in the marching band had matching shirts in school colors. They had groups of kids on the corners cheering the band as it passed. It made for a fun time on the parade route

I'd go. Support the school and the band. Those kids worked really hard to get there. Go and cheer them on.

I used to avoid the EMH parks but that advice isn't good for me. I have never noticed a huge increase in crowds at EMH parks. I have never been during Spring break, July 4, or any other extremely busy time. I'd go if I were you and just have a good touring plan in mind. You might be surprised and it won't be as bad as you think!

I never took any stock in those crowd counters or what to avoid.....it's all predictions and no one can foresee the future. We always attend EMH's....morning and evenings and have no trouble..it is what it is and it's all in how you take it but anytime Disney offers us extra time in a park, we're going to use it.

Plus it's something you son wants to see and when our children went with the band to WDW and marched down Main Street....it's something you'll never forget....we still talk about it every time we're there and the Electrical Parade starts. Priceless..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter