So...who won the trip?

I hope they announce how many entries they had along with announcing the winner. I lost count on how many times I entered AND I was having a hard time coming up with new things to post. I'm not very chatty, as evidenced by my post count here on the boards, but at least I tried. Not to mention this was the 1st hashtag I've ever used. I know.....welcome to the world of social media.

Me too I'm very curious to see how many were entered and I'd love to see average number of entries per person. I was trying to keep it to one a day to be reasonable, but then I saw others spamming and I had to up it a bit.

I did one per day on FB and one per day on Twitter... though i may have added a few extras on the last few days.

So, anyone have any info? Bueller?

I find it... odd... that @Teleclashter mentioned here on Tuesday in his post that they'd be announcing that day, and then the same thing was said on Facebook. But since then... not even a mention of the contest or the fact that the results have been delayed. That seems unusual.

I find it... odd... that @Teleclashter mentioned here on Tuesday in his post that they'd be announcing that day, and then the same thing was said on Facebook. But since then... not even a mention of the contest or the fact that the results have been delayed. That seems unusual.
Odd is somewhat of an understatement... it's downright strange.
After all of this buildup for this contest, they just completely shut down all reference to it?
Obviously they are getting the Daily Fix up every day so i would find it hard to believe they are completely overwhelmed by an emergent situation... but then again, i don't know. Just an assumption.

I don't find it odd at all. I doubt they would make the announcement anywhere but on the show. Since there was no show this week, that meant no announcement. I expect they will do it on next week's show instead.
Well they did say they would announce it even without the show. I'm okay with it though, and can wait until next week.

Well they did say they would announce it even without the show
My apologies. I didn't know they had said that. In that case, I suppose there ought to have been some mention of it, even if that was to say that they were not ready to announce it yet.

I never win these kinds of things
You never know.

We were actually driving home from Disney a few years ago and listening to a few episodes of the show that I had saved up for the trip. Imagine my (all of our) surprise when they mentioned my name and drew a Prizematron prize for an email or voicemail I had sent in that they had used on the show. My prize was a 3-day, 2-night stay at the Swan/Dolphin. As soon as we got home, I emailed Julie and explained that we wouldn't be back for a year but she said that was fine. Just let her know when we were coming and we could use the prize then.

Good luck to everyone. If it is one of you here who wins, let us all know.

Good luck to everyone. If it is one of you here who wins, let us all know.

I sure will. :rotfl2:

Seriously - I wish everyone who entered the best of luck.

And I can relate to your surprise Steve - I was thunderstruck when I got the phone call early on a Saturday morning abut winning the DVC prize, and spent the entire weekend feverishly trying to determine if I was being punk'd and/or scammed. Turns out karma was great, and I was not. :) Still can't believe it, years later. One of the best events in my life, for sure. :) :)

Last edited:
I can't do multiple entries, although I understand that it helps a topic become trending.

Just like playing the lotto. You can't win if you don't play and it only takes 1 ticket to win :) here's to wishing my one ticket wins a trip to the world so I can bring my mom who has never been!

We took my in-laws for their first trip in January. Lemme tell you, you think they're going to like something, but they end up getting attached to many other things unexpected. It's definitely a unique experience.

I sure hope I won...I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who wrote haikus about the resorts! (I came up with the idea before I realized that the winner would be picked at random and that it really didn't matter what my tweets said...) But I still went ahead and wrote the haikus and even put them on a photo of the resorts!

They're all threaded together, you can see them all starting here.

My apologies. I didn't know they had said that. In that case, I suppose there ought to have been some mention of it, even if that was to say that they were not ready to announce it yet.
All I was saying is that I was surprised with no mention of it. With as much hype that was generated, I figured SOMETHING would have been mentioned. Even just a throw away line on the daily fix about when we can expect the announcement.

The rules said when we could expect the winner and it would be given on this week's unplugged AND be listed on dreams unlimited website.

Not angry because it is a contest and they are giving something away. Just surprised.

I'm pretty sure this delay has happened before with other DIS contests. They will announce it on next week's show, no doubt.
I wonder if they were overwhelmed by the number of entries received...maybe not, but just a thought.

I keep checking The Dis Facebook and Twitter, too. Excitedly waiting to hear who won. So, if it's dvclori or Lori Lofgren, here I am!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter