So What's Coming to the New Pleasure Island?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH, Aug 25, 2008.

1. zorro77

zorro77 DVC Member Since 93

Are you thinking of Paradiso 37, it is just up from Fuego by Sosa Cigars bar. If they have happy hour i am not sure of when it is. There is a happy hour at Ragland Road i think.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jason71

Jason71 Brother to pirates and corsairs...

I think I'm with you on this one. Although best of all worlds would be Mannequins dance floor with a techno night on Thursdays and a 70s/80s night sometime on the weekend, something akin to top 40 and hip hop the rest of the time.

4. Jason71

I think he means the Hole in the Wall bar, which is technically a part of Raglan Road. I want to say Happy Hour is 4 - 6 there, but not 100% on that. It's late afternoon definitely. Never heard of a happy hour at Paradiso.

5. Maistre Gracey

Maistre Gracey <font color=red>Still trying to figure out the mys

A bit off topic, but are there any plans for Congaloosh this year??

MG

6. KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

KINGBOBOFTHENORTH DIS Veteran

Yes, interesting story about this. 2 years ago (which was 1 year after the closure) they allowed the AC club to be rented and for AC actors/actresses to return to reprise their roles. Last year the club was no longer available because it had been stripped but Disney did allow AC actors/actresses to reprise their roles for a show which took place at EPCOT. This year there is another Congaloosh but Disney is not letting their former AC staff reprise their roles. Details at: http://congaloosh.org/home/

Could Tommycruiser might be thinking of PI Live Bar?

BobK/Orlando

7. Jason71

Possibly--but that hasn't had a happy hour in 22 years! "Hole in the Wall", next to Cookes of Dublin, still has one.

8. Jason71

As KingBob mentioned, a more low-key event this year, but it is free. Highlights should be the recreation of the "Adventureland Challenge" Saturday afternoon, then an informal reunion Saturday night at the Applebees on 535. Nowhere epic as the first one, but a chance to see some old friends.

9. KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

Someone had posted a comment on SPI about being harassed by Disney Security when a group of them tried to take pics in front of AC, while the commenter's group was wearing AC-style costumes. I believe the Congaloosh organizer had planned to do something similar this year with their group but I don't see that even posted on their schedule any longer.

BobK/Orlando

10. tommycruiser

tommycruiser Mouseketeer

That's it sorry I was a vague but it is the hole in the wall I was surprised to find a place at disney with a happy hour. We actually noticed it when we ate at Raglan Road great food there.

Thank you

11. KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

The "Mannequins" name has been removed from the marquee outside the former club. Photos on the Save Pleasure Island Blog.

BobK/Orlando

12. Maistre Gracey

Maistre Gracey <font color=red>Still trying to figure out the mys

Thanks for the info.. It looks like my work schedule will be in the way yet again... I hate that.

MG

13. KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

14. MickeyMcMouse

MickeyMcMouse <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Any updates to the construction at Pleasure Island ?

Thanks

David

15. beer dave

beer dave Master of the obvious

my Dis files magazine says "Splitsville" is coming to DTD west with bowling(?) billiards, dining, music, dancing and night life-- better than nothing?

16. Cobra B.

Cobra B. Merrily on my way to nowhere at all

17. KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

WOW, this thread is back! Thought it got lost.

Nothing new at Pleasure Island regarding to the clubs. Motion and Rock'n'Roll Beach club were demolished one year ago but since then all other demolitions that were planned (Adventurers Club & BET Soundstage) have been put on indefinite hold as has the entire Hyperion Wharf concept.

The latest news and rumors can be found on my non-commercial blog located at: http://www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com

Disney is making an announcement on NYE during **** Clark's show on ABC. While we hoped it would be about PI, apparently it's about the Magic Kingdom being open for 24-hours on Leap Year Day, 2/29/11.

BobK/Orlando

18. Disneyman_10

Disneyman_10 Future Imagineer

This has to be the longest thread ever.
    LOL!!!! :):):)

19. yitbos96bb

yitbos96bb DIS Veteran

Not even close sadly

20. BDL

BDL DIS Veteran

What a burn!!!

As I was reading I got to the part "Disney is making an announcement on NYE during **** Clark's show on ABC" and I got excited :cool1: . Then I finished reading :sad2: .

I remember the fun that me and my friends would have, at PI, when we'd go down to WDW on our bi-annual 4-night vaca's. And I had the good fortune of being there for a New Year's Eve to see Sugar Hill Gang perform.

I miss PI. It was a safe controlled environment and resort guests never had to worry about how to get home.

21. disrailfan

disrailfan DIS Veteran

Not sure what you mean by longest? Time or posts?