So What's Coming to the New Pleasure Island?

I have a phone conference scheduled for this Thursday with my Disney rep. Based on the new rumors I reported, I was going to again try to rent Motion. Now there may be some even better options available! This is exciting......WOW! I'll report back on here this Thursday night.

BobK/Orlando
Can't wait to hear what you find out!!!!

Although I support the re-opening of PI(especially if they bring back the CW) I would inquire on how the pricing would work. Would people pay cover charge for each club or would they offer the all club pass? Let's just say that they open Mannequins, 8-Trax, CW & AC. Would only 4 clubs convince you to buy that "& More" option or would you be willing to drop the money on paying for an all club pass? I welcome the return of PI because it was really depressing taking those pics back in December seeing an empty place, especially the pin cart in front of CW. Here's hoping by September when I go back down, that PI is alive & well.

Personally, I would pay a cover to get into the AC. I actually used to basically do that way back when before I had an AP for PI and they did not have that "plus five" option. Once in a while I'd end up in 8trax or CW for a bit, but I was pretty much shelling out the $20.00 (or whatever it was for a PI night pass back then) to get into the AC each night I went. And I'd do it again now if they brought it back.

So a rumor on another board says auditions were announced for VJs, DJs and comedic performers. Supposedly the VJs are for Atlantic Dance...but DJs and comedic performers? Hmmm...

Can anyone with contacts in Entertainment confirm or get more info?

This will now convert rumor to definite. Disney Catering is again taking bookings for private events on Pleasure Island. Only Motion, Soundstage and Adventurer's Club are available though; Mannequins and 8TRAX are not. No reason given but my guess is that there are still viable plans for that building and perhaps it does involve Harley Davidson.

Prices are NOT cheap.
MOTION - standup capacity 600; Venue package $1500, Food & Beverage package $12,500 + tax and gratuity; 3-hr DJ package $3860.

SOUNDSTAGE - standup capacity 300; Venue package $1000, Food & Beverage package $5000 + tax and gratuity; DJ package $3000.

ADVENTURERS CLUB - Venue package $1000, Food & Beverage package $5000. No Schmooze package available; Talent prices quoted based on what you want.

My catering rep is great and she would be happy to discuss booking options with you if you're interested in possibly booking something. Her name is Jenie Lavery and her number is 407-939-5626.

As for me, I will be doing the math but at these prices a ticketed event may not be possible. BobK/Orlando

Could be something. Could be nothing. From disneyauditions.com:

Vocalists and Comedic Actors: Open Call
For: Walt Disney World
Audition City: Orlando, FL
Looking For: Singers and Actors February 20, 2009
09:00 AM
Time zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Disney Auditions is holding an open call audition, seeking male and female Principal Vocalists and male and female Comedic Actors for over 60 roles at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL.

Performers employed by the Walt Disney World Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement with Actors' Equity Association.

Audition Location:

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Rehearsal Facility
3271 Sherberth Rd.
Kissimmee, FL 34747

View Map

Sign-in: 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Requirements:

Applicants must be at least 18 and authorized to work in the United States.

Please bring a current headshot and resume.

Vocalists: please prepare 16-bars of a musical selection and provide sheet music, in the correct key, for the accompanist. Prerecorded or a cappella auditions will not be allowed.

Comedic Actors: please prepare a one minute comedic monologue.

Callbacks by appointment will occur on Thursday, March 5 or Friday, March 6 2009.

EOE - Drawing Creativity from Diversity

Great scoop, but pardon my ignorance...
What is the "venue package"? For that matter, can you explain what is included with each package?

Those prices don't seem all out of range...

Thanx.. :smokin:

MG

Great scoop, but pardon my ignorance...
What is the "venue package"? For that matter, can you explain what is included with each package?

The "venue package" is merely the use of the club. It includes some door hosts which are people that work there and keep the uninvited out. It also in a way includes all of the inside staff they may have working during the event.

The food & beverage minimum is the amount that has to be spent for those two items. For the money one could get a certain amount of food catered but it can also be used exclusively towards an open bar or perhaps in my situation, a certain number of drink tickets per person. One has to add 6.5% sales tax plus 21% gratuity to that as well. I'm not completely clear on how this works.

The DJ fee is for 3 hours of DJ services plus whatever sound/lighting tech(s) are needed for that specific venue.

BobK/Orlando

The "venue package" is merely the use of the club. It includes some door hosts which are people that work there and keep the uninvited out. It also in a way includes all of the inside staff they may have working during the event.

The food & beverage minimum is the amount that has to be spent for those two items. For the money one could get a certain amount of food catered but it can also be used exclusively towards an open bar or perhaps in my situation, a certain number of drink tickets per person. One has to add 6.5% sales tax plus 21% gratuity to that as well. I'm not completely clear on how this works.

The DJ fee is for 3 hours of DJ services plus whatever sound/lighting tech(s) are needed for that specific venue.

BobK/Orlando
Thanks.. That's exactly the info I was looking for.
If the AC never opens fully to the public, I would have no problem booking it for a semi-private function... :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Any idea how long they will continue to rent the clubs?

MG

Any idea how long they will continue to rent the clubs?

They are taking bookings through the end of September only at this time. So no holiday parties. My rep did not know why that date other than it's the end of Disney's fiscal year. Why is that so important? I have no idea. I suspect that if the economy improves and they are in a position again to proceed with their original plans for the island that they don't want things delayed further by contractual obligations. So the date could get extended later but they don't know that now.

BobK/Orlando

They are taking bookings through the end of September only at this time. So no holiday parties. My rep did not know why that date other than it's the end of Disney's fiscal year. Why is that so important? I have no idea. I suspect that if the economy improves and they are in a position again to proceed with their original plans for the island that they don't want things delayed further by contractual obligations. So the date could get extended later but they don't know that now.

BobK/Orlando
I was hoping you would say thru October, since that's the time frame that would be useful to me.

I have a feeling it may be longer term. Casting calls and training would be an extensive exercise for only a couple nights a week thru September...
Unless I'm not understanding correctly...???

MG

BobK/Orlando

Hmmm...on the last day of AC, wasn't there that note that they would all be gone for a year? Hmmmmm...

Could be something. Could be nothing. From disneyauditions.com:

Vocalists and Comedic Actors: Open Call
For: Walt Disney World
Audition City: Orlando, FL
Looking For: Singers and Actors February 20, 2009
09:00 AM
Time zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Disney Auditions is holding an open call audition, seeking male and female Principal Vocalists and male and female Comedic Actors for over 60 roles at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL.

Performers employed by the Walt Disney World Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement with Actors' Equity Association.

Audition Location:

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Rehearsal Facility
3271 Sherberth Rd.
Kissimmee, FL 34747

View Map

Sign-in: 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Requirements:

Applicants must be at least 18 and authorized to work in the United States.

Please bring a current headshot and resume.

Vocalists: please prepare 16-bars of a musical selection and provide sheet music, in the correct key, for the accompanist. Prerecorded or a cappella auditions will not be allowed.

Comedic Actors: please prepare a one minute comedic monologue.

Callbacks by appointment will occur on Thursday, March 5 or Friday, March 6 2009.

EOE - Drawing Creativity from Diversity

If memory serves, they hold these auditions every month (except for December).

Here's an article about a recent Orlando Sentinel article on a possible Harley Davidson eatery.

Have to assume that something really is up with the Mannequins/Motion building because it's not included in the clubs now available for private rentals nor was it in the rumor I reported regarding clubs reopening within one year.

Regardless of how one feels about dance clubs, it's sad that the two most highly themed of the clubs are the ones apparently not returning yet the two most generic ones are. But AC's availability should certainly please a lot of fans!

BobK/Orlando

Regardless of how one feels about dance clubs, it's sad that the two most highly themed of the clubs are the ones apparently not returning yet the two most generic ones are.

BobK/Orlando

Of course, because if they gave us back the clubs we want and love, that would make too much sense!

Of course, because if they gave us back the clubs we want and love, that would make too much sense!

True, but if the building is really under contract for something, there's no way to give it back to us. I'm thrilled that partying may actually be coming back to PI. A few months ago that seemed impossible!

BobK/Orlando

Well I just called to book the AC in October... You are correct, they are only taking bookings thru September. In addition, naive as I may be, I thought the prices King Bob quoted were the *true* prices. Wrong.. They are compounded, so the Ac for one night is closer to 10k, rather than $1500.. My mistake. :scared1:

MG

Well I just called to book the AC in October... You are correct, they are only taking bookings thru September. In addition, naive as I may be, I thought the prices King Bob quoted were the *true* prices. Wrong.. They are compounded, so the Ac for one night is closer to 10k, rather than $1500.. My mistake. :scared1:

MG

I didn't read Bob's prices as being anywhere near $1500 :confused3

$1000 gets you the venue and a couple of bouncer CMs :)

+$5000 gets you food and drink as well.

+$???? gets you the talent...I'm guessing that's what gets you to $10k, to get most of the actors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter