So what makes you happy at WDW that probably makes no one else happy???

This is such a nice thread, it's making me excited for my trip. Some of mine are:

• The opening bars of Wishes, and the Beauty and the Beast bit of it
  • Buying my first Disney popcorn of the trip
  • Rounding the corner of Main St and seeing the castle for the first time
  • When the mirror expands at Enchanted Tales
  • The feeling that you're somewhere where you don't need to worry and where your daily life doesn't matter
  • The first time you hear "Have a magical day!"
  • Picking up the park tickets from Will Call on the first day
  • Picking up purchases from the exit on the way out

Argh! Get me there now!

On our first trip to Disney in 2013, I was walking to the food court one morning and I passed a young family that spoke to me in a different language. I couldn't understand them but I KNOW they were saying good morning just like I said to them. It makes me happy to see people from all over enjoying such a wonderful place.

Hearing "Ready when you are, C.B.!" Great Movie Ride has been my favorite ride since my first trip over 20 years ago and hearing that line lets me know that I am about to head out on my spectacular journey into the movies. Along that same line, I get excited when I see them loading both cars. I enjoy both experiences but when I see that they are loading both cars, I get that fun feeling of knowing that I don't know which car I will be put in which means I don't know which experience I will be part of.

When I'm watching the Magic Kingdom Welcome Show, I get so excited when I see the steam of the train. You can see it before you ever see the train. Something about seeing that steam and the excitement of knowing that the train will soon be in view and wondering which characters will be on board just makes me so happy.

When it looks like it is just about time for that 3:00 rain shower and my husband and I will talk about how our lumbago is acting up so we had better duck in somewhere and get a cold sarsaparilla.

Getting a cupcake, in fact, more times than not, it needs to be the special cupcake that they have churned out for whatever they are promoting at that point, and enjoying it while sitting on Commissary Boulevard while the TV theme songs play.

These posts were wonderful to read through!! So excited to stay at Fort wilderness Cabins so I can hear the boat horn! I love the smell of chocolate on Main street,trying to figure out how much money is at the bottom of IASW,watching people get wet while watching Splash Mtn. ride, teehee!16 more days!

Just returned tonight. Haven't read all the posts as too tired after all that Disney! A new favorite from this trip : the trash cans themed to each land in MK and other parks. Never noticed this on prior trips but now that I have, it is so fun!

I love shopping at the store next to Expedition Everest. They always have things I can't find elsewhere.
I also look forward to a smoothie at Ghirardelli in Downtown Disney - they are SO GOOD!
Finally (for now) I enjoy meeting people from all over the world who are just HAPPY to be there! It's refreshing!

Getting to the airport, riding the little monorail thing, and then sprinting for Magical Express! I literally run for it as long as I don't run into anyone!

Also, I adore the Tiki Room. When I was little my grandma and aunt always brought me to Disney with them. My grandma has since passed (12/2011) and every time I visit it, it makes me think of her and smile. This is also true for Carousel of Progress, and Haunted Mansion where she used to hold my hand and sat up with me half the night the first time I ever rode it. We rode it 5x that day and then at night I made my family keep the bathroom light on. I was terrified!

I love the smell of the water fountains too. Even in the mall I will say "oh that fountain smells like Disney!!"

I love shopping at the store next to Expedition Everest. They always have things I can't find elsewhere.

The masks they have lining the ceiling in that store are so neat! Such attention to detail...

Another a few more things to add:
  • Check-in process at our Disney hotel. It's a big "this is actually happening" moment for me, and the excitement is so high, God bless the CM who has to handle my energy (and sometimes very early in the morning!)
  • The moment you open your resort room, and everything is. just. perfect.

I'm sure this isn't unique - but I love seeing other people's children during their moments of happiness. Their giggles make me smile (and sometimes make me cry), and I love when I get to witness a child's love for Disney bloom. On my last trip I heard a young boy school his mother on newly-learned Disney trivia, while his little sister looked to her mom and said "mom, what does 'Walt' mean?" Obviously, my heart exploded into a thousand joy-saturated pieces.

YES!!! I love this sooo much! I do not have children yet, but will someday, and I know I will just melt into a puddle when this does happen to my own. I love watching their faces light up as they begin to fall behind their parents while walking up main street and staring at the castle. How their faces light up watching the parades, or when they meet their favorite character! Pure Disney Magic! :)

My son has one....last night we were talking about our upcoming trip and I told him he was NOT taking every stuffy he owns, he could pick a couple. (We drive so we have room for them) and he told me he likes to bring lots because he loves coming back from the park everyday to see what the mousekeeper has done with his toys for that day. Last year at POP we had a great mousekeeper who came up with full scenes for him. He would write her a note and leave her a tip each morning.

The feeling that you're somewhere where you don't need to worry and where your daily life doesn't matter

Completely love this! That is one reason I will NOT stay off property again. Unless it is with friends in the area. But I love the fact that I have escaped reality for however long I am there, not a care in the world except when my ADRs are and what time my FP+s are! The "Disney Bubble" is truly magical!

Ground Floor motel like rooms. It makes me feel like I'm camping but with no actual effort or loss of comforts of home.

I have another one! I also get giddy when I hear the galactic version of "You've got a Friend in Me" at the end of Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter