So what bothers you at WDW that may not bother anyone else???

I am not a smoker and am allergic to cigarette smoke. I don't mind that people smoke( it is up to them), but please do it while in the designated areas. That is what the areas are for. On my trip last year I must have come in contact with several people just standing or walking around smoking. The thing is some of these people smoking were doing it in eye sight of Cast Members and nothing was being said at all.

I think this situation would call for some crop dusting. :D

The fact that the dole whips in MK lack alcohol like the oh-so-much-better ones in AK have ;)

Muffin tops hanging out or people trying to pull off bathing suit tops without a shirt. Seriously you are scaring my kids.

This thread is hilarious. Keep em coming! :disrocks:

I may catch a lot of flack for this, but my biggest pet peeve is older teens or adults meeting characters for themselves (with no children in site). I would love for Disney to make a rule (similar to the BBB age limit) that you must be something like 14 or younger to meet the characters (or have a child in your party for the whole group you are with to meet them.) I cannot tell you have many older teens and adults in their early twenties were in line to meet Peter Pan, for example. He pretty much only signed their books and gave these adults very little in terms of interaction. (I think he spent a good five minutes with my three year old and it was clear most of the characters interact more with the children.) I just don't see the thrill an adult gets from meeting a character and this makes the lines much longer, but to each his/her own. This is just a pet peeve. I am in no way angered by this nor do I let it bother me in anyway. I realize adults have just as much right to meet a character as a child just like they everyone can ride the rides. : )

One thing that doesn't bother me in the slightest, but bothers others, is people holding a place in a meet and greet or ride line while another parent is off with their children, etc. My child was able to wait in lines pretty well, but I completely understand lines being too long for some kids (and even adults!) to handle and I have no problem with others doing holding a place in line for their family.

The fact that the dole whips in MK lack alcohol like the oh-so-much-better ones in AK have ;)

Muffin tops hanging out or people trying to pull off bathing suit tops without a shirt. Seriously you are scaring my kids.

This thread is hilarious. Keep em coming! :disrocks:
I have yet to try one with the alcohol but.....Sept. I will fix that! LOL about your scared kids!

Pet Peeve - When parents forget they have children. I'm referring to when a child is yelling, screaming, throwing a fit, or have an accident and the parents are so wrapped up in their own enjoyment or just oblivious that they forget they're parents 24/7/365. This happens on the plane as well, when a kid is kicking my seat and instead of rectifying or apologizing, they ignore or give attitude.

I may catch a lot of flack for this, but my biggest pet peeve is older teens or adults meeting characters for themselves (with no children in site). I would love for Disney to make a rule (similar to the BBB age limit) that you must be something like 14 or younger to meet the characters (or have a child in your party for the whole group you are with to meet them.) I cannot tell you have many older teens and adults in their early twenties were in line to meet Peter Pan, for example. He pretty much only signed their books and gave these adults very little in terms of interaction. (I think he spent a good five minutes with my three year old and it was clear most of the characters interact more with the children.) I just don't see the thrill an adult gets from meeting a character and this makes the lines much longer, but to each his/her own. This is just a pet peeve. I am in no way angered by this nor do I let it bother me in anyway. I realize adults have just as much right to meet a character as a child just like they everyone can ride the rides. : )

Disney is about being inclusive, no matter who you are or how old you are, they want all of their guests to enjoy their time.

One thing that doesn't bother me in the slightest, but bothers others, is people holding a place in a meet and greet or ride line while another parent is off with their children, etc. My child was able to wait in lines pretty well, but I completely understand lines being too long for some kids (and even adults!) to handle and I have no problem with others doing holding a place in line for their family.

If there are certain things I can't do because I'm an adult, I want a discount on my admission.

Just back from a weeklong trip and two of the most annoying things to ever happen to our family happened during the same lunch. Eating at a outdoor table in AK trying to enjoy a nice meal when the family with 3 children under the age of 5 beside us decide that the perfect time and place to change their baby's poopy diaper is right at the table next to us!!! Trying to avoid that unpleasantness, turning to the other side of our table and the gentleman beside me has taken off his sneakers and socks and is picking at blisters on his feet!!! Does being at Disney immediately made all hygiene matters that should be done away from others who are ingesting a meal routine? Also saw another diaper change on a table at HS while we were sitting drinking beers/margaritas outside of the commissary. Is it that difficult to go to changing station within a restroom?
More of "the world revolves around me" attitude.

UOTE="mom2rtk, post: 53872810, member: 208462"]If there are certain things I can't do because I'm an adult, I want a discount on my admission.[/QUOTE]

so it bothers you if teens or adults want to wait in line and take time with the characters. but you want to have a space saver while the rest of your party does NOt wait in line for the characters. ?

if there is character I want to meet and have a picture with, it is within my right to do so, I [paid for my ticket. noqw if the
cut off point" is right behind me, yes I will give my spot for a child.

1. People yelling at their kids because they are just too hot or tired to deal with "children". 2. People who bump into you without saying sorry.
3. People cutting in line in front of you, when someone is holding their place, with not so much as a "how to you do" (it's just rude)!

In 2013, DH & I were supposed to celebrate our 30th anniversary at WDW in May. We had to reschedule our trip due to illness and death of both of DH's parents. 3 days apart. So we rescheduled our trip for early December. When we went, we stood in line to meet Goofy Santa and for pictures with the Santa at Epcot. I have a pic of DH hugging Goofy Santa that almost brings tears to my eyes when I look at it. It is such a happy pic of DH. Do I regret getting our pictures taken? Heck no! If someone saw us and got aggrevated by us doing this, it's their problem and not mine. I paid to get in just like everyone else!

It cracks me up that this thread is titled "what bothers you at WDW that may not bother anyone else" and people are bothered by what bothers people. lol!

Last edited:
Hmmm. Some that bothers me, but may not both others is when people don't stand on the que spots that they are told to. I'm not OCD, but my skin crawls on Test Track, Soarin', and the like when people don't pay attention and botch up the line. :mic:

Ok, I know I'm going to incur a lot of shade from this but I'm going to admit it. It bugs me when you've been waiting for a bus for xyz amount of time and a guest in a scooter comes up just before the bus arrives and is able to get on first. Now them getting on first is not really what bugs me, what really bugs me is that their entire family gets to board the bus as well regardless to how many and regardless how many others have been waiting there longer with their families. I've seen it happen to many times. We're a family of 3 and we'll be waiting with other families and all of a sudden someone in a scooter shows up with 10 family members and all ten family members get to board the bus and the really see no harm in doing so even though they are fully aware that they are jumping ahead of everyone else who has been waiting for that same bus. There should be something said by the driver that will allow for the person in the scooter and 1 other person to accompany them at peak times during the mornings and at park closings.[/QUOTE

We have 3 people in our party with scooters and 2 without. What we do is onky one scooter goes on the bus with one person then the we meet the other people there. If i see there is a long line at the buses then i wait till the next bus

Most of mine have been said already: people who don't move up all the way in line, cast members out of character, not knowing what you want to order before you get to the front of a line (this bothers me literally everywhere), the sense of entitlement some people have, etc...

But the one of the few things that bothers me is smokers. As a smoker myself, I get really annoyed when people smoke outside of smoking sections. It's people like that, that are going to get it banned entirely from the parks. Also, the people who complain about the smoke when walking past or sitting in a smoking section. On a side note, I generally like the smoking sections and the social situations they bring. I was at AKL last year and there was a group of about 7 of us that were out there at the same time almost every night.

And people who ruin or don't participate in the magic. You're at WDW, it's no time to be serious. Let go and be a kid!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter