So very sad- should I go to Disney anyway??

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by Lizboo, Nov 16, 2012.

1. loveshak22

loveshak22 DIS Veteran

Good for you! I bet your son loved the trip with his dad! Your girlfriend (ex-girlfriend?) sounds insecure. I've told my husband that in the end there's nothing I can do to control him, no matter how hard I try - so why try? I have to trust him or I don't. If a significant other wants to cheat he/she will - regardless of what someone does to try to control the other one!

And - Welcome!!! pixiedust:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wdwmama19

wdwmama19 Mouseketeer

Thanks loveshak22. I really wish I could kick him but that would make me no better than him. I have a beautiful DD that loves me and I will do whatever I can to give her the best. My family is also awesome. I am down here right now with my dad, sister, and best friend and it's been great. Disney has always been my happy place and I can't wait to start taking my daughter here when she is older. :)

4. LisaBi

LisaBi DIS Veteran

File those restraining orders! I filed for divorce, but had a cruise planned with my oldest DS (Disney, of course) less than six weeks later, and only about three weeks after ex moved out. So ex came and stayed at "my" house with youngest DS. Lets just say it wasn't pretty when I got back. I then immediately filed orders that prevented either of us from taking anything - stuff or money - until the divorce was settled. They should have been filed along with the divorce, but I didn't know any better then. He ended up with several thousand dollars that should have split, ransacked the house (still not sure what he was looking for) and hacked the computer so that he was later able to get into it remotely. Fortunately, I figured that one pretty quickly and got everything shut down.

5. Lizboo

Lizboo DIS Veteran

I just wanted to update you all as to where I am now

The trip was hard but good in so many ways...I met Julie and she was the bright spot in a very dark time (and we are still friends on FB).

Turns out there was someone else in the picture and the months following were horrible. BUT I leaned on my friends, got some counseliing and took my butt to the gym. I lost a pile of weight but I also learned so much about myself. Getting physically stronger made me mentally stronger.

There have been some really awful things that my ex has done along the way...my separation agreement was finalized only in January of this year and when he wouldn't file for divorce, I did. I kept my house and my dogs and my sanity (well, most of the time).

AND...I have an incredible man in my life now...so I thank my ex for making room for a better man. And my BF has never been to Disney. I am not able to plan the trips like I took in the past for financial reasons, but I am here...back on the DIS...and I'm looking for deals so I can introduce my new love to my Disney.

I hope you are all doing well. I just wanted to update you all.

Thank you for all the replies, PMs, pixie dust, prayers and good vibes...
    Elizabeth 2.0

6. Lizzybean

Lizzybean Mouseketeer

I just wanted to say you're an incredibly strong woman! Thank you so much for updating this post. :goodvibes

7. msbiscuit

msbiscuit Mouseketeer

I'm glad you let us know you're okay! In fact, you're better than okay - you're amazing and strong!

8. Lizboo

Lizboo DIS Veteran

Thanks for the kind words and the replies...I was so very broken when I was posting initially...even re-reading it this morning, I felt such a pinch of pain.

BUT I am a very happy lady now. LOL..I have to figure out how to use photobucket again so I can brag a little and show you guys what my man looks like.

I will never look at this the same way again...if I ever encounter someone going through the same type of pain and shock and everything else that I did, I CAN AND will help them...because I understand.

Going through the fire changed my life...and I couldn't see it at the time but I was given a better, happier life.

And just thinking about Disney...even being back here on The DIS makes me realize I can and will love Disney again...and I will get back there as soon as I can.

I entered the photo contest...I'm the one hugging goofy if anyone would like to vote for me.

Thanks again
    Elizabeth;)

9. Lizboo

Lizboo DIS Veteran

[​IMG]
    Does this work?? I'm rusty at this

10. Lizboo

Lizboo DIS Veteran

11. Lizboo

Lizboo DIS Veteran

12. Lizboo

Lizboo DIS Veteran

13. DaisyDuck001

DaisyDuck001 DIS Veteran

I love happy endings! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

14. Anna114

Anna114 Pluto Rocks!

Congratulations on enjoying your life again! It's hard to believe you can go through something like that and come out even better on the other side.

15. bakerworld

bakerworld DIS Veteran

Wow - glad I was late to this thread because it's so nice to read thru to a happy ending :thumbsup2

16. Vivianne

Vivianne <font color=green>Close enough to enjoy what Mass

17. Lizboo

Lizboo DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone

I appreciate the kind comments

18. Lizboo

Lizboo DIS Veteran

Five weeks from today, I will be on a plane headed to Orlando with the man of my dreams.

It's a short trip but so OVERDUE and I can't wait to be immersed in Disney magic!!

19. IamJBo

IamJBo Mouseketeer

I read the first few pages and wondered who brought up such an old thread then I saw it was you OP!

I'm glad you're getting to go to WDW! Best of luck and pixie dust!

20. Lizboo

Lizboo DIS Veteran

Thank you very much!

21. ToddyLu

ToddyLu Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

:) Fantastic story and you guys make a great couple...Headed with the love of my life in 49 days!

Please post a couple of photos from the trip!! I am subbing.