So, the CR's gettin' a make-over!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Kimberle, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Kimberle

Kimberle WL Vet

Bet lot's of Disers are doing the "happy dance" about now!

(From the Dis newsletter)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Luv2Roam

Luv2Roam Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

I think it is way past time from what I have read and heard. I don't think it fits the Deluxe criteria any longer. It's an old resort that needs a makeover.

4. JayCT

JayCT DIS Veteran

We were there in May and were disappointed. The place does need a some work to bring it in line with other deluxe Disney resorts. It sound like they will be doing some of the things that seemed to be needed. The pool was a big complaint of mine. It is simply a large slab of concrete with little or no shade. Also, the Food Center is way too small. I think moving it to the Concourse is a good idea. They need to fill up the north end of this level (by the retail stores) which seems to be empty, while the southern end, with Chef Mickeys and the Steak house seems over crowded. Let just hope they don't put the Fun Center out in the open in the concourse. Can you imagine the noise those games make echoing through the Grand Concourse? We will see how well they theme the place. I just hope it doesn't look too much like every other boring business hotel. Jay

5. Luv2trav

Luv2trav DIS Veteran

Where are you finding this information?

6. sotoalf

sotoalf DIS Veteran

I couldn't agree more. It's been like this since the hotel opened. On one hand, I like the wide open concourse (which you don't see in too many hotels these days), but the north end is a bit, shall we say, top-heavy.

Where'd you read this information?

7. Deborah_Mary

Deborah_Mary Re: WDW... Been there, done that - and DEFINITELY

What great news this is. Our family thoroughly enjoys CR, but it is seriously in need of a face-lift. I would love to read the article, could you post the link??

Thanks for sharing!

Deb*

8. Kimberle

Kimberle WL Vet

9. Deborah_Mary

Deborah_Mary Re: WDW... Been there, done that - and DEFINITELY

I found it!! Appreciate you pointing it out. :)

Deb*

10. swilphil

swilphil Feels trapped in a Brady Bunch episode at the Poly

Does anyone have any ideas when this is taking place? We are booked in March. I'm hoping it will wait until April or May.

11. Luv2Roam

Luv2Roam Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

There have been ongoing rumors for some time to raze the surrounding buildings and build a DVC resort(s). Wonder if that is in the soon to pass long range revitalization plan.

12. Laugh O. Grams

Laugh O. Grams <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Makes sense that the renovations would gear it more toward the convention crowds, with the huge convention center connected. IMO, if the rumors are true, the Concourse Steakhouse will be a welcome removal from the hotel. The food has never impressed me all that much anyway.
    Could this be Mike Eisner's final resort aimed swansong in connection with the "Happiest Celebration on Earth Celebration" before he steps down?

13. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Woohoo, can't wait! Very anxious to see what the public areas & rooms look like. :) Wonder if the DVC @ CR will be announced anytime soon? I'm ready to buy if it is! ;)

14. helenk

helenk I wish I was in Disney World

I wonder when this is planned to take place. I was thinking of staying there this coming December and would love to stay in a Tower room. The article does not mention any dates.

15. Luckymommyx2

Luckymommyx2 <font color=green>Je parle francais, et tu<br><fon

I'm very excited to hear this! I've always wanted to stay there but with the numerous not-so-glowing reports I've stayed away. Now I can put it back on my to-stay list!! :cool1:

16. rockomomma

rockomomma Earning My Ears

woo hoo.... sign me up to buy at DVC at CR!!!!

17. johnsonet

johnsonet DIS Veteran

I'm happy to read this! What an absolutely amazing piece of real estate!! The building should be brought up to match that!

18. erinz

erinz DIS Veteran

If anyone hears when the renovation will take place, could you let us know? I'm going to be there next December, but might change the resort if there will be construction going on on the 4th floor.

I'm getting worried! :guilty:

19. mariamouse

mariamouse <font color=CC66CC>Believes in the magic!!<br><fon

Awesomee!! :hyper:

mariamouse

20. Chip 'n Dale Express

Chip 'n Dale Express Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o

Really? I LOVE the Concourse Steakhouse. I've had some of the best steaks ever there. Not to mention I love watching the Monorails zoom by as I eat. :) The only thing that detracts from it, are the screaming kids from next door. (Not that I don't like Chef Mickey's, but it overpowers the Concourse Steakhouse)

21. Cass

Cass www.casshew.com

The CR definately needs some upgrading, updating & rennovation. I remember seeing it when I was a child with my parents and thinking "wow I want to stay here one day"

Then as an adult going in there and thinking it was atrocious..and you couldn't pay me to stay there. I would love for it to be upgraded and rennovated... I would put it back on my list to try :D

The pool area is a bit stark isn't it? I was thinking there are no trees/shade - I thought maybe the hurricane affected it.