• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

so OT but I had to share

alebisi

DIS Veteran
SO I made up my mind and decided to do the International program, unfortunately I think my University doesn't have any link with Disney, but I'm trying, anyways I was asked a CV (which I'm working on it now) and a cover letter: question: what is a cover letter?
I posted this on the College program board... but no response, anyways I trust my dis unplugged show fans to answer me, or just sending me lots of pixie dust. By now I know perfectly Italian and Spanish, and very well English. Little French do you think I could have a possibility???:confused3

Good luck! A cover letter is a formal business-style letter which includes: introduce yourself and state what you are seeking (a position in whichever program), give an overview of your "selling points" -- what sets you apart from the other candidates and why they should pick you, and include contact information. The letter should not be more than one page. You can search the internet for examples of cover letters. Let us know what happens.

A cover letter is a letter of introduction that accompanies a CV when applying for a job. The cover letter typically includes information on why you want the job and a highlights some of your skills/experiences that would make you a good candidate.

Congratulations on your decision!

A cover letter is a means of introducing yourself to the hiring or placement staff. When I look at cover letters, the goods ones tell me in about two to three paragraphs, what position they are looking for; why they are qualified for the position an one or two key things that they have done as it relates to the position. Don't try to repeat your CV in the cover letter. A good cover letter makes me want read your CV and a bad one, well, you're most likely going into my circular file.

Monster.com may offer some advice on pulling together a good cover letter.

I just noticed you speak multiple languages. Big selling point!

Best of luck.

I think everyone else has fully explained the cover letter so I won't bother.

Are you applying for summer 09 for the college program? If so, I'm applying too!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter