So Much To Celebrate - LIFE and Sophie Kate!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by BrooklynnsMommy, Feb 17, 2013.

1. caralyn817

caralyn817 DIS Veteran

Just catching up and this is just what I needed right now. I came home earlier yesterday not feeling so well. Ugh! Massive sinus headache and pressure. I stayed home today to rest. I think it's from all the stress of High Stakes Testing. Ugh! So, I feel ya with testing next this week and next week. Good luck to your kiddos. Anywho, I LOVE looking at your pictures. It makes me feel like I'm there when I can't be. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jillyb

jillyb DIS Veteran

Girl we need to carpool!!!

4. Marl

Marl Mouseketeer

I used to be a Travel Agent, then gave that up and became a stay at home mum when I had my girls. I started doing volunteer work at their school when they were almost 5 and 6 years old. I re-trained and was offered a job at their school, I am still there now (6 years later) as a Teaching Assistant, supporting children with special needs.
    Now that my girls are older I do have more 'me' time and spend alot of it on DISboards.

5. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Yup gotta keep up around here. Hard for me too.

New Years will be a blast.

So many bodies of water at Disney - One has to work for that right?

YAY a MeMom sighting:cool1:

I think We have a carpool going. :drive:

::yes::

6. dancin_princess

dancin_princess DIS Veteran

Did you throw a coin in for me to move back? ;) I do want to go back to work for WDW but maybe only PT since I won't be living too close. DBF just told me today to wait spread the word, but I just couldn't resist telling DIStown. :thumbsup2 He hasn't been back since we left in 08, so I'm guessing he doesn't want to jinx it.

I always struggle to find time to DIS, lately I've been trying to get in time before bed. :coffee:

7. jillyb

jillyb DIS Veteran

Yay! More the merrier! :goodvibes

8. momof2TNboys

momof2TNboys DIS Veteran

Good morning! It looks like you are going to have a great Dismeet in July. We would be there, but I will be in WDW at that time. Sounds like a lot of fun though. I will be thinking of you all. Today is my last day of work this week. Like I said earlier in the week, I am taking off tomorrow for my birthday and I am going to an event at Blake and Cooper's school. Hope everyone has a great day!

9. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

It's pretty here now, but I had ice on my car window this morning.

Good luck on the tennis matches!

Our 3rd and 4th graders are testing this week, and K-1-2 test next week. They tried to make it pretty late in the year, so we could get in as many teaching days as possible. Some years we have done it far too early., so I like it like it is now.

It's worth seeing - very bright and colorful and happy feeling. ::yes:: I know how it is with Disney time, though. It gets away from you!

I wish you could come to the DIS meet, too. Come on down! I'm sure it'll just be a two hour drive....if you drive at airplane speed. :thumbsup2

10. tinkgurl

tinkgurl DIS Veteran

Yes, it did work! :goodvibes That's a powerful fountain! I hope your wishes from March work for those who asked, MeMom!

11. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

The Christmas to New Year time is so busy in WDW, but it is neat to see all the decorations, and it's a good time for some of our family members to be able to get off of work without using too many days, since they already have some holiday time built in. :thumbsup2 We plan to be on the Polynesian beach on NYE, so come on down!

It doesn't take a long time to explore Pop, really, but if you wanted to also walk across the bridge and check out AoA, as well, you should set aside a couple of hours, for sure. There are a lot of things to take pictures of over there, and I would hate for you to be that close and not go see it.

There was a MeMom in that mirror. I look best in small doses from long distances. ;)

I threw coins for all kinds of wishes in March, so if we figure out it only makes babies, we can find another fountain the next time around. :laughing:

We are very glad the pictures make you feel like you are there. It is nice to be able to share just one minute of Disney World happiness with our friends when real life starts to get to us. :goodvibes

This week, we have been non-stop in our reviewing. I have tried to cram those sweet little heads full of knowledge. There's really nothing more I can do. We'll review again tomorrow and Monday, and then we begin testing on Tuesday. We test for four days - in the mornings.

You two won't get too silly on the road, will you, with all of your singing and dancing and laughing behind the wheel. You might embarrass Hannah. :goodvibes

I might work in a school after I retire, if I live long enough to do that, but it will be nice to just do a job and not have the testing pressures. I think 'stay-at-home Mom' is a wonderful job! ::yes::

We will try another fountain this summer.

What's so cool about a MeMom sighting? Save your cheers for themed trash cans. They are much more exciting.

Well, I can't say I threw a coin in for your move, but I always end with 'May all Disney friends have their dreams come true', so if that counts, maybe the fountain helped. You know, fountain or no fountain, I have always wished for you to go back to Florida. :thumbsup2

It's Cara's Friiiiidaaay!!! :dance3: I think you will look just as young tomorrow as you do today. ;) It's nice that you get to do a fun thing with the boys on your off day, too!

Time will tell. Baby news will start popping up around here in the next 2-3 months, if the fountain is reliable, and there will be matches being made around the world. :upsidedow

12. disneyfan61

disneyfan61 DIS Veteran

My boys would tell you I do drive very fast but airplane speed??? No not quite!;)

13. CanadianWDWfan

CanadianWDWfan DIS Veteran

Hi friends! :wave2:

Awww, I wish I lived closer and could make it to the July DISmeet.

Hugs to Megablocks for having the latest tragedy happen so close to your home.

That fountain has amazing powers! Hmmm...what should I wish for...:scratchin

Sorry, I haven't been around very much.
    I am happy to know everyone is okay and that Jill and the girls had a good trip.

I spent a good part of the day searching flights, park times, resort prices and ADR's for September instead of August.
    I logged onto the DIS this morning and came across the "new Free Dining dates" for this fall. :eek: I was surprised.
    I haven't fully decided yet if I want to switch and go in September or keep the trip as planned in August.
    The one advantage on top of saving money is being able to go to MNSSHP again.
    It is tempting....we had so much fun at the party and your pics have reminded me of that.

I smiled at the pic of Brooklynn making her candy trades. I can remember doing that as a child too. :goodvibes

14. *dreamit*doit*

*dreamit*doit* Mouseketeer

YES, that fountain has been known to produce some amazing wishes that do keep us away from our DISfriends sometimes...so I wanted to say hi :wave2: and let you know that I'm still here, and I've been able to keep up but not always comment.

Thank you for so many pics of WL!!! It's my absolute favorite resort! I love them all, but I could live at WL. I tell everybody I'm going to work at WL front desk when we retire. Though I guess I won't be really retired if I'm working, though, huh?? :scratchin We haven't visited on our last few trips since they have been short weekend ones...BUT we will be going to WDW next Friday for 5 days!!!! :yay: I'm hoping we make time for at least a quick hello to my lovely lodge.

Have a fabulous Friday, everybody!! :goodvibes

15. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

So, over on my TR I heard word of a July DIS meet in TN. What's the word? I had to cancel my June Disney trip and someone suggested the July DIS meet as an alternative. Where in TN? Hope I have a new job by July, but you never know.

Love your POP and AoA pictures. It's been so long since I've stayed at Pop and your pictures have me seriously missing it! You do such a great job and getting all the right details!

16. ClaireW

ClaireW Mouseketeer

Well this might explain something ;)
    I don't know if it was our own wishes from the WL fountain in August, or some special MeMom magic, but you can add another Dis baby to the list. This one's due in October.
    Still early days so don't know yet if we'll have another :earsgirl: or maybe this time a :earsboy: but apart from some pretty severe morning sickness all is going well :thumbsup2

17. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Here you go!!!! It would be awesome if you could get away. :cheer2:

18. Mndisneygirl

Mndisneygirl DIS Veteran

CONGRATS!! Hope you feel better soon!!

19. tinkgurl

tinkgurl DIS Veteran

Yay for us having October babies! Mine is due the 10th. When is yours due?

20. nowellsl

nowellsl <font color=purple>my car finds out everytime I ha

Memom,
    I need some guidance ;) I have a friend who's daughter has been trying to get pregnant for a year and a half :( I told her I knew of a fountain that has magical powers and I would be glad to make a special trip over there to make a wish for her :) Now, I did tell her I didn't know if it would work with anyone else but you, but I would give it a try! So, could you please give me some tips, like, do you throw pennies or what? Do you have a special prayer or saying? I told her if it didn't work that you may be able to throw some in for her on your next trip pixiedust: I would love to be able to help, poor thing is getting soooo discouraged and she's already a great mommy to a 3 year old. So, if you could please pass on some advice I would really appreciate it!

21. disneykiwi

disneykiwi Mouseketeer

Awww - how lovely - more babes :cool1:

congrats to both of you :flower3:

October is the best month - my birthday is in there somewhere :rotfl: