So many questions......

lind&logansmommy

Earning My Ears
I will apologize in advance for asking so many questions but I only have a few days before I leave. First of all we are leaving for Disneyland on Friday the 8th!!! The trip was planned in less than a week! We are flying from Fresno, CA to Long Beach via Express Jet. It will be me DH DS turning 3 DD turning 16 my 16 year old niece and my mom. We are staying at the Grand Californian for 5 nights/2 rooms. Now for the questions :) My mom has a problem walking long distances so a wheelchair is a must. Where is the best place to rent one? Do you think she would be able to operate a scooter type? Are they difficult?

We also want to go to Medeival Times one night? Which night is best in your opinion.
We have made reservations for Goofy's Kitchen dinner on Sunday.

Is the Blue Bayou worth it for lunch? Pirates is my mom's favorite ride and I think she would enjoy it.

We want to get groceries delivered? Do we have to be there or can the bell desk sign for them?

I am trying to not bring 9000 suitcases so is there a laundry facility on site?

Is there a princess breakfast or lunch? DD still loves princesses?

Ok that will get me started! I still have more though!

:woohoo: :banana: :cheer2:

Thank you all!!! This board has been a huge help!

Jen

We will also be there during your stay!
I hope you enjoy the Grand Cali.

Blue Bayou...I feel it's more worth it at lunch than at dinners with the higher prices (and although I don't eat meat, I know that the monte christo isn't served at dinner, which makes some people sad). It was a great experience, even though I wasn't the biggest fan of my portobello entree (the salad, without the andouille sausage, was really good, even though it's "just" a wedge of iceberg :) ).

I think they just got rid of the Ariel's princess breakfast, which is sad. Don't know why they did that! Not sure if the princess thing is just a dinner, or if they have lunch, too.

I'm pretty sure that people at the GCH have reported bell services holding delivered groceries. And I'm pretty sure that most of those poeple reported using albertsons.com over vons.com, but I'm not totally sure on that.

I know there's a laundry room at DLH. When we stayed at PP that's where we were directed. Maybe there's a super-secret one for GCH guests. :)

Hope that gives you a small start!

I will apologize in advance for asking so many questions but I only have a few days before I leave. First of all we are leaving for Disneyland on Friday the 8th!!! The trip was planned in less than a week! We are flying from Fresno, CA to Long Beach via Express Jet. It will be me DH DS turning 3 DD turning 16 my 16 year old niece and my mom. We are staying at the Grand Californian for 5 nights/2 rooms. Now for the questions :) My mom has a problem walking long distances so a wheelchair is a must. Where is the best place to rent one? Do you think she would be able to operate a scooter type? Are they difficult?

We also want to go to Medeival Times one night? Which night is best in your opinion.
We have made reservations for Goofy's Kitchen dinner on Sunday.

Is the Blue Bayou worth it for lunch? Pirates is my mom's favorite ride and I think she would enjoy it.

We want to get groceries delivered? Do we have to be there or can the bell desk sign for them?

I am trying to not bring 9000 suitcases so is there a laundry facility on site?

Is there a princess breakfast or lunch? DD still loves princesses?

Ok that will get me started! I still have more though!

:woohoo: :banana: :cheer2:

Thank you all!!! This board has been a huge help!

Jen

Contact the front desk/guest services at GCH regarding a wheelchair. I know people have made reservations for wheelchairs and electric scooters and they are ready and there when u arrive.

Have an enjoyable and safe trip.

I like Blue Bayou for Lunch. I also like Cafe Oreleans as well.

My understandig is that there is a laundry at the GHC but it is kinda out of the way and in an odd spot.

About a scooter/wheel chair, rent one from an outside company. They will deliver it to the hotel and then I can be used all over the hotel and DTD. I recomend the scooter but if your concered that your grandmother may have troubles with it. Take her to a grocery store or Walmart and have her practice. My friends dad had no trouble.

I would do BB for lunch better prices and it is a nice break in the afternoon, Just make sure you use PS and get there earily to request waterfront seating.

It sounds like you will not have a car right? I agree with the above poster that I have read on the board that VOn's (part of Safeway) and Albertson's deliver. If I remember right the general opinion was the Albertsons was a better deat. That thead is not that old so you should be able to find it.

Now if you have a car I would just stop at the store, there is Target and a Costco not that far. In fact the Costco is in the same parking lot as the Character Wharehouse.

I have stayed at the GHC the last 3 times I was there. If you brig stuffed animals the house keepers arange them and there is story telling in the evenings by the fire place. I think that all the rooms come with a DVD player (double check that), so don't forget to bring those movies. You will love it and make sure you take time to enjoy the hotel.

Perhaps I can help with a couple of things...

Medeival Times - We went on a Tuesday night. It wasn't very crowded at all. It's a first come, best seated, kind of thing unless you buy the upgraded tickets which will sit you right down front. We were on the 2nd tier up and was close enough for our knight to throw me a flower. :cloud9: I don't think there is a really bad seat in the place. By the way...this was one of the highlights of our vacation. We loved this dinner show! :thumbsup2

As for your Mom being able to drive an electric vehicle...my sister is mentally & physically disabled and does not drive a car, so she was terrified of learning to drive one of these. I've just recently began coaxing her into those electric carts in Walmart. At first, she was very apprehensive, but once she got it through her head that all you have to do is let go of the gas to stop, she was off and running. Now she scoots all over the place and enjoys it immensely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter