So Many Desserts! A Rare QSDP Review w/ pics! 6/19-6/26 FINISHED!: Wrap Up 8/16

What a terrific informative running essay on your gourmet quick service dining plan trip. I love the the critiques of the meals and all the pictures are great. You've put so much thought and time into all the tallies of the meals and OOP costs so I'm looking forward to more of your trip. We'll be going in Sept. so we're very interested in what you thought of the meals.
Hey we're from Norcal East Bay. Go Bears!!:yay:

Thank you for the kind words. Oh but BTW, I'm going to be attending USC in the fall so you won't ever see me cheering for them :upsidedow but my dad went to Cal. :goodvibes

We will be in the World in one week on the QSDP. I had not considered Casey's, but those corn dog nuggets look great! And Cotton Candy for dessert? Yum!:banana:

When planning for the trip I hadn't really considered it either, but it was a good choice now that I look back on it.

Is the cotton candy new at casey's? I'm sure it was only a brownie/crackerjack last December.

Thanks for posting this, looking forward to the rest.

The brownie/Cracker Jack were the only two desserts on the official menu but when we ordered they verbally gave us the option of cotton candy too. Not sure how new this is. :confused3

Thanks for posting the picks of the sushi from Yakitori House! I've been wondering about a place to get QS sushi since Kona Island Sushi isn't on the Disney Plan.

It all looks wonderful!

Yep, YH is probably the only QS sushi there is and fortunately, it's pretty good too! :thumbsup2

I don't think people realize how much you actually do get with the QSDP. There are a lot of great food choices at the restaurants, beyond the burgers and chicken nuggets.

I agree with you. The QSDP was a ton of food and definitely underrated I think, especially on these boards. I'm here to help uncover the mysteries of this relatively new dining plan. :wizard:

With a QS meal at Casey's do you get chips or fries with your hotdog?

You have the choice between fries and apple slices. I think we got 4 things of fries and 2 apple packages. The apples were great because they provided some refreshment in the heat of the day.

Thanks for taking the time to do this trip report & taking lots of pics. We are going in Dec & will have the QS. It's great to read about other people's experiences.

Great review of Casey's :thumbsup2

I have never seen Crackerjacks before (I live in England) so perhaps I should give them a go on my next trip :goodvibes

Really enjoying your dining reviews!! :thumbsup2

Thank you! :goodvibes

Thanks for taking the time to do this trip report & taking lots of pics. We are going in Dec & will have the QS. It's great to read about other people's experiences.

Happy to help! :thumbsup2 Lots more pics on the way too!

Great review of Casey's :thumbsup2

I have never seen Crackerjacks before (I live in England) so perhaps I should give them a go on my next trip :goodvibes

Oh Cracker Jack is a classic American tradition. It's tons of carmel corn with some peanuts and I have no idea what else is in there but it's all so yummy. :cloud9:

Flame Tree BBQ-Dinner

While we were trying to figure out our EMH dilemma (see TR), we had dinner at Flame Tree because I had heard wonderful things about this place. On our last trip I really wanted to try it, but it has no indoor seating so we went to Pizzafari. This time we just sucked it up and sat outdoors. It was cool because of the fans so it wasn't too bad. Now on to the pics.

We got 5 rib meals which came with a bunch of ribs, a small cup of baked beans, and a small cup of coleslaw. The ribs were delicious. The coleslaw was ok, but I'm not a big coleslaw fan in the first place. The beans were more like chili so not what I was expecting but still good.
2439335020101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

DM got a turkey sandwich. I didn't try it but it looked good but pretty basic.
2454368540101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

DB wanted the pulled pork sandwich. I didn't get to try it because he inhaled it (we were pretty hungry).
2505827790101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

So only 7 meals because DC13 and DC10 split one of the rib meals. For dessert the options were chocolate mousse or key lime mousse. Both were very rich and tasty, the chocolate especially. Nobody could finish their own because it was so decadent.
2478637470101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

So innocent looking. :lmao:
2434106870101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

It was a great meal and everybody loved every bit of it. :woohoo:

Flame Tree Dinner: 7 CS used (76, 86)
OOP cost: $116.39
Running total OOP cost: $629.84

Next up: WPE again, but this time for breakfast.

We usually go in June, so AC is a must for us at lunch, but this year we will be there in November. I've always wanted to try Flame Tree. I think this might be my chance! :goodvibes It looks great!!!

I love your review!!!:cheer2:

We did the QSDP on our last two trips and were also pleasantly surprised at the quality and variety of options. IMO, it's a great option for families with young kids, too, because of the flexibility.

You've already hit some of my favorites (love that ginger cake!:love:)...can't wait to read more! Thanks for doing this report!

We usually go in June, so AC is a must for us at lunch, but this year we will be there in November. I've always wanted to try Flame Tree. I think this might be my chance! :goodvibes It looks great!!!

Go for it! Even if it is warm, the fans actually kept the area relatively cool. The ribs are definitely worth it.

I love your review!!!:cheer2:

We did the QSDP on our last two trips and were also pleasantly surprised at the quality and variety of options. IMO, it's a great option for families with young kids, too, because of the flexibility.

You've already hit some of my favorites (love that ginger cake!:love:)...can't wait to read more! Thanks for doing this report!

If we went back we would probably get the QSDP again because of the flexibility and variety. I'm glad you are enjoying and I hope you keep reading! :banana:

When we go back we are doing QSDP so this is great! I agree with you about the flexibility and look forward to not worrying about ADRs and scheduling ourselves to death! In a perfect world, there would be a plan that would include 2 sit down meals just so we could do a couple of character meals. Thanks again for sharing and the great photos!

When we go back we are doing QSDP so this is great! I agree with you about the flexibility and look forward to not worrying about ADRs and scheduling ourselves to death! In a perfect world, there would be a plan that would include 2 sit down meals just so we could do a couple of character meals. Thanks again for sharing and the great photos!

You are welcome for putting these reviews up. I'm not sure what a perfect dining plan for us would be. Ideally, I'd like to try many sit down places but unfortunately the price for the DDP went up a lot this year. Regardless, the QSDP worked very well for our family and satisfied us completely. :)

One other thing, I forgot to mention that while 6 of us were riding EE 2 more times during AK EEMH, DD got a juice bar for a snack so

Juice bar snack: 1S used (76, 85)
OOP cost: $3.25
Running total OOP cost: $633.09

Wolfgang Puck's Express-Breakfast

So on our day off, we woke up a little later and we were planning on a big dinner at Rainforest Cafe that night (not on the plan, but paying oop). So we decided that for breakfast/brunch we would have a big meal too and only eat twice. Therefore, we rounded everybody up and set off for WPE in the morning. We got there around 10:30 when they stopped serving breakfast at 11.

There are some very very delicious and unique items here for breakfast. We'll start with the most boring item ordered (by me): the fruit waffle. Now I mean boring as in it's not unique. It was still very good and I was in the mood for a waffle. The huge thing of whipped cream covered my waffle and then some! And it was so great to have fresh strawberries and bananas. DM and DB also got one.
2272704270101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

Moving on, the 3 DCs got the chocolate waffle. I didn't try it because I'm not a huge "chocolate for breakfast" kind of guy, but DC12 scarfed it all in. Let me say, this is not a tiny little waffle. It's a large portion and DC12 was stuffed!
2136361730101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

DD ordered the spinach, mushroom, and cheese omelette. He loved it because he's a huge spinach fan. I could go for the mushrooms and cheese part though. The real surprise winner was those hash browns. So wonderfully flavored, it was incredible.
2101098770101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

Since it was nearing the end of breakfast or something, our waiter just brought out one of the breakfast pockets for free! :eek: He was super generous by giving it to us and it was just a very nice gesture. It was probably an extra one but since they were shifting over to serving lunch, they just gave it to us. Anyway, it was fabulous! It has eggs, ham, peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheese. The flavors blended together great and, although I could do without the peppers, it all tasted so good! And of course we were all thrilled with the extra hash browns.
2127845860101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

Finally, we save the best for last... The smoked bacon breakfast pizza. Oh my goodness. On top of the yummy bread was bacon, eggs, tomatoes, cheese and ranch dressing. Mmmmmm it makes your taste buds throw a party! :banana: Although it's probably like 453654780698 calories, it's so worth it. The ranch is so scrumptious on top and the bacon and cheese and everything. My mouth is actually watering as I type this. Go out and try it, everybody loved it (except DC13 who was disgusted by the thought of a breakfast pizza)! :yay: For many of you, this picture will be the closest thing to getting it right now, so enjoy!
2136099960101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

We were so pleased with all of our delicious food and the wonderful service at WPE again. For our "desserts" we just loaded up with juices and milks and waters.

Wolfgang Puck's Express Breakfast: 8CS used (68, 85)
OOP cost: $121.14 (the second most expensive meal thus far!)
Running total OOP cost: $754.23

We are huge WPE fans....haven't had breakfast there yet though. That pizza looks awesome.

I was thinking we were doing the deluxe dining plan in August, but your report is making me rethink my plans!

You've definitely made me excited about eating at WPE on our upcoming trip..the food looks delicious and it's such a deal on the dining plan!

Love your reviews and pics and can't wait to hear more:goodvibes

Three words did me in.....

KEY LIME MOUSSE!!!!! :woohoo:

Sign me up, put me on the list, if they dare get rid of this in the next 45 days there will be an irate woman in the middle of Animal Kingdom. :mad:

I love anything Key Lime. Thank you for turning on the salivary glands yet again. The fruit waffle at WPE looks tasty too.

We loved WPE for breakfast went twice last trip. It opens at 9am so is best saved for a shopping or waterpark day.

I had the omelette last time and DH had the pizza. I know i'm getting the waffle this time thanks to your pics!

I'm loving your CS review.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter