So Many Desserts! A Rare QSDP Review w/ pics! 6/19-6/26 FINISHED!: Wrap Up 8/16

I had the same thing your son had at the Yakotori House and it was pretty good. We were surprised a bit that it was so good. Looking at the picture of your Ginger Cake, I wish I'd tried it now. I think we had cookies. That looks better. My husband had the California rolls and he really liked them.

I am joining in for this!!!

We are doing the regular DP in Dec but are thinking of doing 10 days Oct 2011 with QSDP so this will be very helpful.

I was wondering how do you know how much it would be? Does it say on the receipt? We did DP last year but I never really examined the receipt if I was using the DP to pay

We're thinknig of doing the QSDP for 3 nights in December so it's great to read a review of QS places :thumbsup2

Did you eat anything extra? Or were all your meals and snacks covered?

Just booked a trip for Dec with the free qsdp, so very interested in your reviews!

Can't wait for the next chapter! :)

Yay! Sorry for the delay. It should come very soon (like tomorrow)

Great reviews and photos so far! This will be great to help me choose what CS to eat at on our next visit! :)

Glad to be of service! Hopefully this is very helpful :thumbsup2

Great review of YH :goodvibes

It's going to be a hard choice between lunch here or back at the Tangierine Cafe

I wish we had eaten at the Tangierine Cafe to give you an opinion. All I can say is that Yakitori was yummy and one of the most unique choices at WDW for CS. Of course, I've heard many people say the same thing about TC! :yay:

Yummy! I am loving your reviews. Can't wait for my own mini-vacay to Disney in six days! :woohoo: You are giving some great ideas on CS places. WPE- check! ;)

Have a wonderful time and I'm glad you are going to WPE. You won't be disappointed! :goodvibes

Loving your CS reviews!!! I wish my family would eat Japanese or Moroccan...they would have picked American. They're not adventurous. I'm hoping next trip I can convince them to try Tangerine cafe...here's to wishing. :)

My cousins weren't/aren't adventurous but we still ate there. I think the Yakitori House has more options for those who are not as adventurous like teriyaki chicken. So I would recommend Japan over Morocco first for picky eaters. If they like it, great!...you can try Morocco too then!

Loving your reviews. You've actually gotten me excited for CS, and I thought my only options would be burgers and fries! Thanks for sharing. Yakitori looks particularly delicious.

Yup. It's a common misconception that CS = burgers and fries. I think I only ate one burger the whole trip (and yes it was yummy and worth it) even with particularly picky eaters in our group. So yes, there are plenty of options.

I love teriyaki sauce, when ever I get teriyaki takeout i put extra on.....I probably almost go into a salt OD but it tastes sooooo good.

Loving the review. I laugh because I also have a cousin who eats nothing but chicken fingers when we go out, although she likes chicken ceasar salads so she would have been fine with Sunshine's.

Keep 'em coming! Im in!!

:rotfl: I love teriyaki sauce too although not to an obsessive point! :rolleyes1 :rotfl2: jk. I'm glad you joined in.

I had the same thing your son had at the Yakotori House and it was pretty good. We were surprised a bit that it was so good. Looking at the picture of your Ginger Cake, I wish I'd tried it now. I think we had cookies. That looks better. My husband had the California rolls and he really liked them.

Yeah the ginger cake is a hit or miss....either you like the gingery taste or you don't. Pretty sure the picky cousins weren't going to eat it though, so we played it safe with the cookies. But hey, who says that a chocolate chip cookie can't taste good too! :rotfl: Oh and btw, it's not my son...:laughing: I'm 17. For a list of characters refer to my main trip report (link in the first post) :)

Oh Yakatori House has improved since I ate there last! Portions look bigger too!

Having never eaten there before I can't comment, but the portions were fairly large and were definitely filling for all of us.

Ditto. Looking forward to the rest of your reviews!

Yay! So nice of you to stop by. :woohoo:

I am joining in for this!!!

We are doing the regular DP in Dec but are thinking of doing 10 days Oct 2011 with QSDP so this will be very helpful.

I was wondering how do you know how much it would be? Does it say on the receipt? We did DP last year but I never really examined the receipt if I was using the DP to pay

The receipts don't actually say any amount of money (except WPE did), but when you order all of your food, the cash register totals it all up and displays the number. I took some pics of the registers to get how much the meals cost. For some that I did not take a picture of, I looked up the prices on the AllEars menus and added the appropriate tax. :cool1:

We're thinknig of doing the QSDP for 3 nights in December so it's great to read a review of QS places :thumbsup2

Did you eat anything extra? Or were all your meals and snacks covered?

I can't think of anything that we paid extra for. Our meals were easily covered, especially by sharing meals here and there. The snacks were also no problem ever. We were never hungry and we felt like everything was covered. We also ate out at Rainforest Cafe one night, but even without 1 TS we would have been just fine.

Just booked a trip for Dec with the free qsdp, so very interested in your reviews!

Hopefully my reviews will inspire you to try some great restaurants on your upcoming trip! :upsidedow

I'm in...loving it so far!!!!

I'm flirting with the idea of going in November with just my DD and getting the QSDP. We have only ever had the DDP so I'm curious to see how this review turns out.

Yay! CS reviews!!! :goodvibes Hopefully you will entice us into trying some new places... We always seem to go to the same ones. :)

I'm in...loving it so far!!!!

I'm flirting with the idea of going in November with just my DD and getting the QSDP. We have only ever had the DDP so I'm curious to see how this review turns out.

You should try it just to maybe do something different. Save the extra money and you can do something else totally unique with it. Just a thought...

Great reviews! Looking forward to more. :)

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for reading too!

Yay! CS reviews!!! :goodvibes Hopefully you will entice us into trying some new places... We always seem to go to the same ones. :)

I hope I do inspire you to reach out and try something new. :goodvibes

Artist's Palette-Breakfast

The next morning we woke up a little later but we still grabbed quick snacks for breakfast. We got:

-1 chocolate chip muffin
-1 apple turnover (I didn't try it but it looked yummy. Lots of apples)
-2 big milks
-1 cinnamon roll
-3 small milks
-2 individual cereals (Frosted Flakes and Froot Loops)

Artist's Palette Breakfast: 10S used (91, 86)
OOP cost: $21.02
Running total OOP cost: $418.53

Casey's Corner-Lunch

After spending a nice morning at MK we decided to get lunch before heading back to the resort. Casey's Corner had appealing options for the picky eaters and the line was very short so we hopped in.

6 of us got classic hot dogs and put tons of stuff on them. This picture is mine and it has the typical ketchup, mustard, relish, but it also has cheese sauce. Mmmmmmm. As you can see I forgot to take a picture until after I had already munched a bite. :)
2476007080101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

DD got the special (not on the official menu): nachos. They were alright but I actually liked the hot dog better. DD was satisfied by them. Not sure if they offer these every day but if you're looking for something different and they're selling them, you could definitley try it.
2279597420101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

DC13 got the corn dog nuggets. They are expensive for the amount of food you get so being on the QSDP really helped out here. They are delicious! The breading around the dog is very tasty and usually I'm not a big corn dog fan.
2950327800101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

For dessert we were given the choice of cotton candy, Cracker Jack, and brownies. We ended up getting 4 brownies, 3 Cracker Jack and a cotton candy. I liked the idea of Cracker Jack because it fit the theme of the restaurant very well and you couldn't get that as a dessert anywhere else (to my knowledge), and besides, it's a classic! It is also more durable than other desserts so we didn't feel like we had to eat it right then and there.
2580217840101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

All things considered, it was a good place for lunch and it was better than I thought it would be and it actually has some pretty unique options. :thumbsup2

Casey's Corner Lunch: 8CS used (83, 86)
OOP cost: $94.92
Running total OOP cost: 513.45

What a terrific informative running essay on your gourmet quick service dining plan trip. I love the the critiques of the meals and all the pictures are great. You've put so much thought and time into all the tallies of the meals and OOP costs so I'm looking forward to more of your trip. We'll be going in Sept. so we're very interested in what you thought of the meals.
Hey we're from Norcal East Bay. Go Bears!!:yay:

We will be in the World in one week on the QSDP. I had not considered Casey's, but those corn dog nuggets look great! And Cotton Candy for dessert? Yum!:banana:

Is the cotton candy new at casey's? I'm sure it was only a brownie/crackerjack last December.

Thanks for posting this, looking forward to the rest.

Thanks for posting the picks of the sushi from Yakitori House! I've been wondering about a place to get QS sushi since Kona Island Sushi isn't on the Disney Plan.

It all looks wonderful!

I don't think people realize how much you actually do get with the QSDP. There are a lot of great food choices at the restaurants, beyond the burgers and chicken nuggets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter