So Many Desserts! A Rare QSDP Review w/ pics! 6/19-6/26 FINISHED!: Wrap Up 8/16

signing in - we are always disappointed by the cs offerings at WDW so I'm looking to you for some inspiration, admittedly WPE looks amazing.

Yummy - your reviews make me wanna go CS sometime. We are going DxDDP this trip. (We really like going to signature places). Maybe next time...

We are trying the QSDP for the first time in September so I am in!:woohoo: I have always been too full from TS meals to try a lot of these yummy sounding places so I can't wait. Think our first dinner will be WGPE also.

2721837940101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

2984462700101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

2888658660101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

MORE CAKE, MORE CAKE!!!!!! Please, oh please give me more pictures of cake. :worship:

I actually toyed with the idea of spending an entire week only eating cake (and other dessert products, I don't discriminate) when we are there next month. I was just going to eat everyone's desserts. But DH doesn't think that would be all that healthy for me.
Who appointed him to ruin my party? :lmao:
I am loving your reviews and have put Sunshine Seasons on my list of must do's.

I'm in. I haven't eaten at Sunshine Seasons yet because last time we were there by the time we got there most of the stations were closed. You know how kids are when they need to go on some ride before we eat for hours.

I love WPE. I will be going there this trip. We are not on any of the food plans. Didn't want to get the QSDP as at times we share and didn't want to worry about having to use up credits. Last year we were on DDP and it was to much food for me and I didn't get to snack because it always seemed like it was time to eat again.

ohhh, im inpopcorn::

Yay! Welcome! :wizard:

In and enjoying. Can't wait for the rest :)

Glad you are enjoying! :dance3:

signing in - we are always disappointed by the cs offerings at WDW so I'm looking to you for some inspiration, admittedly WPE looks amazing.

Hopefully I can inspire you to try some new CS places. Overall, we didn't have major problems with any place. There were some that were just ok and not "must dos" but for our time and money and appetite, they all pretty much satisfied.

Yummy - your reviews make me wanna go CS sometime. We are going DxDDP this trip. (We really like going to signature places). Maybe next time...

Hey, if you go QSDP you can save a ton of money and put that extra $ into going to a couple of signature places. :confused3

We are trying the QSDP for the first time in September so I am in!:woohoo: I have always been too full from TS meals to try a lot of these yummy sounding places so I can't wait. Think our first dinner will be WGPE also.

Believe me, we were full from the CS meals! I was concerned at first that we were not going to have enough food, but it was definitely plenty. Even my big DU police officer said he had plenty of food.

MORE CAKE, MORE CAKE!!!!!! Please, oh please give me more pictures of cake. :worship:

I actually toyed with the idea of spending an entire week only eating cake (and other dessert products, I don't discriminate) when we are there next month. I was just going to eat everyone's desserts. But DH doesn't think that would be all that healthy for me.
Who appointed him to ruin my party? :lmao:
I am loving your reviews and have put Sunshine Seasons on my list of must do's.

Hahahaha, I have lots more pics of cakes and desserts so don't worry! Good luck with your "idea" Hey dessert can be healthy too! You've got your breads and grains group, sometimes your fruit or dairy groups. Anything that has chocolate can be classified as in the protein group because chocolate comes from a bean which is protein....there are many ways of justifying "special eating habits" ;)

I'm in. I haven't eaten at Sunshine Seasons yet because last time we were there by the time we got there most of the stations were closed. You know how kids are when they need to go on some ride before we eat for hours.

I love WPE. I will be going there this trip. We are not on any of the food plans. Didn't want to get the QSDP as at times we share and didn't want to worry about having to use up credits. Last year we were on DDP and it was to much food for me and I didn't get to snack because it always seemed like it was time to eat again.

We shared a bunch of meals too even on the plan. We just liked how it was all paid for already. My parents really enjoyed not having to bring out the credit card every time we ate. Even without a dining plan, WPE is a very good value. I think they have a salmon entree for like 15 bucks! A steal!

Really enjoying seeing what you had under CS - like someone said alot of the time people concentrate on the TS - thanks and great photos :goodvibes

:surfweb: joinin in the party.

we staying at saratoga springs for 14 nights so looking forward to
making the most of wolfgang pucks:thumbsup2

Really enjoying seeing what you had under CS - like someone said alot of the time people concentrate on the TS - thanks and great photos :goodvibes

Thanks for the kind words! I'm hoping to add something new to the food reviews!

:surfweb: joinin in the party.

we staying at saratoga springs for 14 nights so looking forward to
making the most of wolfgang pucks:thumbsup2

Staying at SSR was amazing! We really liked the place and it being so close to DTD was perfect for going to WPE. I would recommend though taking the bus instead of the boat because the bus drops you off 50 ft away from the restaurant, while you'd have to walk a bit from the boat. Or if you're staying at Congress Park, you can go on the 5-10 min trail that dumps you off right by WPE also. :thumbsup2

Yakitori House-Dinner

That evening we returned to Epcot and were exploring the World Showcase. Options for dinner were the Tangerine Cafe or Yakitori House (or Liberty Inn, if DCs weren't too fond of either choice, but we were hoping...). Thankfully, they were actually ok with Japanese food! :banana: So we walked into Yakitori
2402717950101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

Fortunately there was like no line and we got our food almost immediately. DM got a thing of California rolls and DU got a thing of spicy tuna rolls. They split them together and said it was just fine. It was at least a very unique option on the plan and probably the only place for sushi.
2163312680101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

2397580520101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

DB, DC12 and DC10 got the undon noodle soup with the tempura shrimp. They had difficulties eating it because the noodles were so long and slippery. They probably would have chosen something else the next time. They said the shrimp kept slipping out of the tempura cover also..
2541872480101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

I got the "shogun combo" which was white rice, teriyaki chicken and some kind of beef. The chicken was good and flavorful. The beef was stringy and had a lot of fat. The rice was also fine, especially when soaking up the excess teriyaki sauce. Overall I liked the meal; it was definitely filling. DD got the same thing but he also got a thing of tempura shrimp on top. As with the soupy thing, the shrimp was not easily attached to the tempura breading but still tasty.
2300849660101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

Finally, DC13 got just the teriyaki chicken. She liked it but the sauce was way too much. They definitely put way more sauce on her chicken than mine, so if you like teriyaki sauce...!
2445340680101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

For dessert they had 2 options: the ethnic (ginger cake) and the American (chocolate chip cookie). We got 6 cookies and 2 cakes. The cookies were fine. They were the individually wrapped ones (so difficult to open!) so they were small, but I didn't need a huge dessert either. The ginger cake was very ginger-y. It had a sweet taste but unless you love that ginger flavor, you probably couldn't eat more than a couple bites. It was interesting, but I think I'll stick with my American cookie.
2288207320101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

In general, we liked this place because of the variety and taste. There was very limited seating inside but we were fortunate enough to find a big enough table. I would go back again and maybe try something new, although I would certainly not be opposed to ordering the same thing because it was yummy.

Yakitori House dinner: 8CS used (91, 98)
OOP cost: $105.08
Running total OOP cost: $393.27

Also a little P.S...while waiting for Illuminations by Norway, DD and I stopped in the Kringla Cafe and got 2 schoolbreads for breakfast the next morning using 2 snack credits. Nobody else wanted anything.

Kringla Cafe snacks: 2S used (91, 96)
OOP cost: $4.24
Running total OOP cost: $397.51

I'm enjoying reading along your reviews. I never knew there was a counter service place in Japan. I looked up the menu on all ears we may have to try it. Looking forward to reading more.

Yakitori House-Dinner

That evening we returned to Epcot and were exploring the World Showcase. Options for dinner were the Tangerine Cafe or Yakitori House (or Liberty Inn, if DCs weren't too fond of either choice, but we were hoping...). Thankfully, they were actually ok with Japanese food! :banana: So we walked into Yakitori
2402717950101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

Fortunately there was like no line and we got our food almost immediately. DM got a thing of California rolls and DU got a thing of spicy tuna rolls. They split them together and said it was just fine. It was at least a very unique option on the plan and probably the only place for sushi.
2163312680101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

2397580520101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

DB, DC11 and DC10 got the undon noodle soup with the tempura shrimp. They had difficulties eating it because the noodles were so long and slippery. They probably would have chosen something else the next time. They said the shrimp kept slipping out of the tempura cover also..
2541872480101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

I got the "shogun combo" which was white rice, teriyaki chicken and some kind of beef. The chicken was good and flavorful. The beef was stringy and had a lot of fat. The rice was also fine, especially when soaking up the excess teriyaki sauce. Overall I liked the meal; it was definitely filling. DD got the same thing but he also got a thing of tempura shrimp on top. As with the soupy thing, the shrimp was not easily attached to the tempura breading but still tasty.
2300849660101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

Finally, DC13 got just the teriyaki chicken. She liked it but the sauce was way too much. They definitely put way more sauce on her chicken than mine, so if you like teriyaki sauce...!
2445340680101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

For dessert they had 2 options: the ethnic (ginger cake) and the American (chocolate chip cookie). We got 6 cookies and 2 cakes. The cookies were fine. They were the individually wrapped ones (so difficult to open!) so they were small, but I didn't need a huge dessert either. The ginger cake was very ginger-y. It had a sweet taste but unless you love that ginger flavor, you probably couldn't eat more than a couple bites. It was interesting, but I think I'll stick with my American cookie.
2288207320101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

In general, we liked this place because of the variety and taste. There was very limited seating inside but we were fortunate enough to find a big enough table. I would go back again and maybe try something new, although I would certainly not be opposed to ordering the same thing because it was yummy.

Yakitori House dinner: 8CS used (91, 98)
OOP cost: $105.08
Running total OOP cost: $393.27

Also a little P.S...while waiting for Illuminations by Norway, DD and I stopped in the Kringla Cafe and got 2 schoolbreads for breakfast the next morning using 2 snack credits. Nobody else wanted anything.

Kringla Cafe snacks: 2S used (91, 96)
OOP cost: $4.24
Running total OOP cost: $397.51

I'm enjoying reading along your reviews. I never knew there was a counter service place in Japan. I looked up the menu on all ears we may have to try it. Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks for reading! I didn't expect much from the Yakitori House but it was very good and definitely worth the trip! I hope you find more inspiration from my future reviews! :wizard:

Great reviews and photos so far! This will be great to help me choose what CS to eat at on our next visit! :)

Great review of YH :goodvibes

It's going to be a hard choice between lunch here or back at the Tangierine Cafe

Yummy! I am loving your reviews. Can't wait for my own mini-vacay to Disney in six days! :woohoo: You are giving some great ideas on CS places. WPE- check! ;)

Loving your CS reviews!!! I wish my family would eat Japanese or Moroccan...they would have picked American. They're not adventurous. I'm hoping next trip I can convince them to try Tangerine cafe...here's to wishing. :)

Loving your reviews. You've actually gotten me excited for CS, and I thought my only options would be burgers and fries! Thanks for sharing. Yakitori looks particularly delicious.

I love teriyaki sauce, when ever I get teriyaki takeout i put extra on.....I probably almost go into a salt OD but it tastes sooooo good.

Loving the review. I laugh because I also have a cousin who eats nothing but chicken fingers when we go out, although she likes chicken ceasar salads so she would have been fine with Sunshine's.

Keep 'em coming! Im in!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter