So, let's say I buy a BCV or BWV resale.

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Carl, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Carl

Carl DIS Veteran

Aug 20, 1999
    I've been noticing a lot of talk about availability on here. What are the chances that I will have difficulty getting 5 days in November and 5 in May of each year? Although, I will probably want the first 5 days of December this year so I can go to Dis Con 2002. It won't do me any good to buy into DVC if I'm going to have a lot of problems going when I want to. Also, I sure don't want to have to do what I have seen posted here - call exactly at the 7 month lead time and then add a day at a time. I have read about people trying to get the Cinderella Breakfast and the difficult time they have and thought, "There isn't anything at Disney that I want to do so much that I'd go through that." So, if DVC involves a lot of headaches and intense planning to use it, I would definitely NOT be interested. Remember, this is supposed to be a vacation!
  2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Aug 24, 1999
    You can book at your home resort at 11 months. If you call at 11 months, you should have no problem. But if you wait until 7 months, you are taking your chances. The first 2 weeks of December are notorious for being heavily booked because they are in the lowest point season & people want to enjoy the holiday events. I've owned BWV for 2 1/2 years, I've never had a problem booking OKW for May at 7 months or BWV for early December at 11 months. It does work best with advanced date planning. As for intense planning and headaches, I think our vacations are much more relaxed now. If we miss something, oh well, we'll see it next time (in about 6 months). No longer in "commando mode"! :)
  4. llp479

llp479 DIS Veteran

May 3, 2001
    We've owned at BWV since 98 and have never had a problem getting the dates we want for a 2 bdr. In fact, have even been able to get a studio at OKW just 4 weeks out.

DVC has taken the hassle out of "where to stay" and what to expect. Love it so much just bought a resale at OKW. Brings our grand total to 502!