So, I've got these reservations...now, how do I get to them?

wheredreamsbegin

DIS Veteran
We have breakfast reservations at Cape May Cafe (8:45 a.m.) and 1900 Park Fare (10:00 a.m.). When we made the reservations we were staying at BCV. Getting to CMC would have been a breeze. We planned to make our way to from BCV to Epcot and then take the monorail to 1900 Park Fare. We are now staying at SSR. Getting to these two restaurants will be a little more complicated. What would be the best way to get to these restaurants? (We are a family of 5 with three young children: DD5, DD3, and DD18months)

Thanks!

CMC - taxi....the only other possibility would be to go to EPCOT and TRY to walk through to the back and then over to the BC from there....

1900 PF take resort bus to MK and hop the monorail from there or boat from MK to GF(actually probably quicker)

For an 8:45 AM at Cape May, I'd take a cab, definitely. You can't take the SSR bus to Epcot and walk because you can't enter the park before opening at 9 AM.

For a 10 AM Park Fare, I'd take the bus from SSR to MK. Then take the boat or monorail from MK to the GF.

I'm assuming SSR is Saratoga Springs Resort, if so here's what I'd reccommend. First the easy one, getting to 1900 Park Fare: take the Magic Kingdom bus from your resort. At Magic Kingdom you can hop on a boat to the Grand Floridian or take the monorail. The boat will be faster, so as you walk up if one is there or coming get in line. However if you just missed the boat, go ahead and get on the monorail (the entrance is just past the boat docks). You cannot walk from Magic Kingdom to Grand Floridian, despite a walkway that looks like you might be able to. Its missing a bridge.

For Cape May you could go one of two ways: Depending on when the buses start running for Downtown Disney you could walk/take a bus there from Saratoga Springs (depending on your room, it might be easier to walk.) From there you can get on a Yacht/Beach Club bus. The problem is the timing of the buses to and from Downtown Disney. I couldn't find when they start running, but Guest Relations doesn't open until 8:30. I doubt you wouldn't have time for your 8:45 reservations. Option 2 is to take your resort bus to Disney Hollywood Studios and then ride the boat or walk (about 1 mile) to the Epcot Resort area. Either way I'd say you need to leave a good hour or more before your reservations. Disney doesn't always make it easy to get from one resort to another. You can't even take the bus to Epcot from your resort and walk through as they probably won't be open that early.

Good luck.

Taxi will be the easiest way to get to BC. If you don't want to do that, take a bus to DHS and then walk to BC (about 20 minute walk). The Friendship boats may not be running yet, that's why I said walk.

Thank you for all of the suggestions. It's good to know that there are several options.

I would love to take a taxi, I just don't know if I'll be able to do it given the ages of my children. We will have a carseat for the infant (because we will have it on the plane as well), but I don't really want to put it in a taxi. What would we do with it for the rest of the day? Will a taxi driver let an 18-month-old and a three-year-old ride without a car seat? Has anyone ever done this?

Ouch! I would go on the transportation board for that answer. Cause what are you suppose to do with the carseat all day ? This is a hard one. I would think then a Taxi is out of the ? cause they wouldn't want the responasbility of your child not being in a car seat gfb if something happens. I take the bus!

Most taxis have car seats available. Just let them know you need one when you call for the taxi.

Agree with PP, most tavis have car seats available. We just let the bellman/valet at our resort call for the cab and let them know that we need one. There are taxis just in holding areas all over WDW and one with the seats needed will answer the call.

If you would prefer to use your own, that is an option. When you arrive at the resort you are eating at just take the carseat to bell services and ask them to transfer it to SSR. I would only suggest this if you do not need the carseat later that day or the next, in case it takes a while to get it to you! Also, you should plan to tip for this service, but there is not a fee.

Have a magical trip!

If you would prefer to use your own, that is an option. When you arrive at the resort you are eating at just take the carseat to bell services and ask them to transfer it to SSR. I would only suggest this if you do not need the carseat later that day or the next, in case it takes a while to get it to you! Also, you should plan to tip for this service, but there is not a fee.

Have a magical trip!

I didn't even know that this was an option. Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter