So is anyone actually booked on a repo or Med cruise?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by lillygator, Mar 21, 2006.

1. lillygator

lillygator DIS Veteran

Anyone?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Scratch42

Scratch42 <font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go

Booking don't open up to the General Public until April 4, 2006!

But those of us on DCL Waiting List, will be hearing starting around March 28th!

janet
    :goodvibes

4. mardonna

mardonna Mouseketeer

I told my TA at small world that I want a cat 1 or 2 for the aug 18th. I'm not sure if that will be avaible but I can hope. If not I would do cat 3 connecting to cat 4.

5. TheWog

TheWog <font color=indigo>The Curse has been Reversed<br>

I think they require your first born as part of the payment for a Category 1. :teeth: :confused3 :banana:

6. mardonna

mardonna Mouseketeer

Thankfully, I'm hoping everyone feels that way because we really want the cat 1 or 2 and don't mind paying the price. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

7. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

8. tigger2on

tigger2on <font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO

Though it is a once in a lifetime opportunity.... can i really justify the cost?

If we got it at 1st tier pricing and it only totalled $6500 + air for us, I would do it... but since we weren't on the "official waitlist for the unofficial cruise"
    I doubt we can go. This sucks cuz we missed out on the PC due to having gotten pregnant and having another baby! Our cabin could not occupy her
    and they had no other ones to offer us for HA.
    :sad2:
    But if we have to pay $8800 + air and extras, then we will miss it and purchase and addon for DVC
    :cheer2:

However... if we win a lottery before April 4..... :rolleyes1

9. Scratch42

Super 7 is at $12 Million

Lotto 649 is at $8 Million

Good Luck!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

janet

10. two-foxes

two-foxes DIS Veteran

You should have seen me try to word the stateroom/waitlist request for this cruise...."although this is purely based upon rumor and speculation....." is how I started it. Now, I am glad I did send it in. Hopefully, the waitlist will go smoothly. I think I got mine in a bit late compared to others here, but it was, thankfully before they stopped taking them.

11. ibouncetoo

ibouncetoo <font color=009999>I get excited by the little thi

People on the wait list have already started getting calls from Inventory Control today! ::yes::

12. Soccermom-Cheri

Soccermom-Cheri one beachfront bungalow on Castaway Cay, please<br

NO way!!!!! How do you know? No one called me or Beano and we simply must have our suites. Must I tell you! :rotfl2:

13. ibouncetoo

ibouncetoo <font color=009999>I get excited by the little thi

I think I've seen two posts so far....scattered over the proliferation of Med threads. I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon! ;)

14. lillygator

lillygator DIS Veteran

wonder how they work the waitlists?

15. Scratch42

It's suppose to be according to date received, but I know of someone who received their call and they faxed after I did! :confused3

janet

16. Soccermom-Cheri

Soccermom-Cheri one beachfront bungalow on Castaway Cay, please<br

I have no idea how the wait lists are working, but my neighbor (CACruizin') got a call yesterday from DCL. She declined her cat.3 ( and she didn't give it to me :mad: I thought we were friends. I would have brought you a toothpick holder of the Eiffel Tower or somethin' :lmao: )

Just gotta figure out how to transfer my home home to my cell phone so I don't miss my call :teeth: What happens if you aren't home when DCL calls? Do they just move down the list :scared1: Can you imagine: go out for milk and miss the Med? darn kids don't need milk for a while do they?

17. DrDO

DrDO Mouseketeer

We received a call from Germaine at Disney Cruise line yesterday afternoon regarding a wait list request for category 1 or 2 placed while on board the Magic in July of 2004 for summer 2007. When reviewing the price, I just could not justify the cost estimated at over $23,000 for our family of five for the cruise alone. Consequently, we relinquished our place. She did say they were reviewing the wait based on when the request was made and contacting people in that order. I wasn't home at the time and returned their call a few hours later. According to Germaine, there are at least several hundred requests for suites to review.
    We have always been avid Disney fans own a fair number of points in the DVC and have sailed Cat 3 on DCL several times, but have recently switched cruise allegience to Royal Caribbean. My wife and I recently returned from a 4 day cruise from Miami in a Grand Suite for under $2300 total cruise fair including gratuities. Granted, RCCL has a much larger fleet and that capacity often necessitates deep discounts to fill ships, but a comparable cabin on DCL would be twice that.
    Why is Disney charging what they are? Because they can. Germaine stated that they anticipate filling all suites from waitlist requests before the actual sale commences on April 4th. We love DCL, but did we have half the fun or half the vacation on Royal Caribbean? NIMHO.

18. MrsJobba1

MrsJobba1 <font color=blue>I swoon @ the very mention of his

DH and myself are considering booking a 10 night.

If we can get the cheapest cat 11 and pay 1 person cash 1 person using DVC points.

At least we can get cheap flights to Barcelona!!
    :teeth:

19. CastleLight

CastleLight DIS Veteran

What is the waitlist?

20. LookingForward2

LookingForward2 Earning My Ears

Do we know what the point structure is yet? I haven't seen anything, but then again, I haven't been looking. Just curious.

21. tic-toc-croc

tic-toc-croc Mouseketeer

DVC posted points for Med cruises, and you can book on April 4. No more waiting for the 11-month window. :cheer2: :cheer2: