So if I don't like rides that are loud, fast, bumpy or nauseating...

MatzoBelle

Sleepy is my spirit dwarf.
...should I plan to do anything other than Hogwarts Express, the E.T. ride, the queue for the castle, walking around and the shows? Any other rides? Made the mistake of going on Mummy last time and am still a little green around the gills. My stomach thanks you for your kind advice.

Olivander's, 1 Fish 2 Fish and Despicable ME (stationary seats). Not sure what you consider loud or what extreme you get sick. I can't do Start Tours or Transformers.... Make me green. Terminator is not loud to me or Poseidon.

Thank you! Will do as you suggest. Loud is the least important of these variables. I can also handle intense content, just not intense motion. Is Terminator fast, bumpy or nausea-inducing? On the TouringPlans site, I always gravitate toward the plans designed for "active seniors" even though I am neither active nor a senior, LOL. I'm the only person in the world who likes the Mexico boat ride and the Tiki Room.

Just saw the thread below about Terminator, so that question is answered. And Shrek has the stationary seats too. Should be plenty to occupy this scaredy cat.

Oh man, I listened to my sister's lie that Mummy wasn't an intense ride last time and am still cursing her for it. Gringotts, to me, wasn't very intense at all, but it sounds like you have a lower tolerance for movement than I do. My guess is they'll allow you to do the non-ride portion of Disaster if you want and then just exit before the ride part at the end. It's a funny show.

Thanks, ladybugx. Will check out Disaster. I could probably handle Gringott's, but don't think I'd enjoy its intensity based on the YouTube "ride-through." Mummy was awful.

My Top 7 attractions in US & IOA, that do not try by design to induce protein spills drop or soak the guest

Universal Studios

Disaster! –Multi staged show that ends with a Dark ride (Ride cars rocks) You may exit & skip the ride
A Major Motion Picture Ride...Starring YOU

E.T. Adventure – Dark Ride
Board your flying bicycle and help ET return to his magical planet

Horror Make-Up Show – Live Show (humorous)
A close-up look at what goes into some of Hollywood's strangest creatures

MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack – Dark Ride (Ride vehicle spins intermittently)
As an agent trainee, you'll zap aliens as you chase them through the streets of New York

Terminator 2: 3-D – 3D Movie
Join forces with the Terminator in a battle to prevent mankind's extinction

TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D – Dark Ride (motion-based ride vehicles / rock & spin + 3D screens)
Prepare for the greatest battle you’ll ever ride!

TWISTER...Ride It Out – Standing show with light fire wind and water effects
Look a tornado right in the eye and brave the worst nature can throw at you

Islands of Adventure

Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man – Dark Ride (motion-based ride vehicles / rock & spin + 3D screens)
Soar with your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man like never before!

Cat In The Hat – Dark Ride (Ride vehicle spins intermittently)
Ride your couch through the pages of Dr. Seuss's book - The Cat In The Hat

Eighth Voyage of Sindbad - Stunt Show
Takes place in a mysterious grotto littered with the wrecks of ships lured to their misfortune by the evil sorceress

High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride! – Elevated Train Ride
On this ride you'll take a gentle journey high above the colorful rides and attractions of Seuss Landing

Jurassic Park Discovery Center - Hands-on interactive activity center
If you're lucky you might even watch a baby velociraptor hatching

Poseidon's Fury – Standing show with lasers fire and water effects
Venture through the darkened ruins of the ancient Temple of Poseidon

Storm Force Accelatron – Flat Ride (Teacups)
Professor Xavier has enlisted you to help super hero Storm battle the evil Magneto

G’day
III

Thank you very much, PulsarIII! There's a lot for me to study up on there. Your list is different from most people's. High on action, low on motion. G'day to you as well.

For Harry Potter, You can do the Castle Tour and then skip the ride. FJ throws you about a bit. I believe that you can do the same thing on Gringotts. You can do a lot of exploring around these areas that have nothing to do with rides. I would also avoid Despicable me, It is a loud attraction at least in my opinion. I believe that they still have motionless options in that ride. PulsarIII is an excellent examples.

I also suggest the Suess High in the sky trolley. Very much like the People mover. Also you are not the only one who likes the Mexico boat ride and the Tiki room. I love them as well.

Thank you, fellow Tiki lover. I knew I wasn't really the only one, but we seem to be outnumbered, and I always feel a little self-conscious about my sedate taste in rides. I will definitely follow your suggestions, and will look into Despicable Me some more.

Thank you, fellow Tiki lover. I knew I wasn't really the only one, but we seem to be outnumbered, and I always feel a little self-conscious about my sedate taste in rides. I will definitely follow your suggestions, and will look into Despicable Me some more.

Hey, Just because some of us like rides like Hulk and Manta (Flying Coaster at SeaWorld) doesn't mean we don't like Tiki Room as well although the original at Disneyland is something really special.:rotfl2:

Seriously, I think you'll have fun at Universal. A few "warnings" about Pulsars list. Men in Black can spin quite a bit if you have a good shot in the car opposite you. To me, the spinning feels more intense in the back row. Transformers and Spiderman might be "pushing it" as well. Here's a Youtube video from a 1999 USA network special on the Making of IOA that shows the making of Spiderman. It shows several scenes of the vehicles in motion and doesn't give away too many spoilers.

Yes do if the Despicable me does not have to Motionless option avoid it. It has all the things that you wish to avoid. If nothing else ask a TM at the ride, they should know.

Despicable Me makes me sick...motion sickness. I do it every visit but at some point during the attraction I just have to close my eyes. I get that feeling on Forbidden Journey, Spiderman, Transformers. The Simpson Ride, and Despicable Me.

These are just the rides that bother ME...others may not have a problem at all. Having said that, I do them all...but frequently have to close my eyes. It bothers me for maybe 5 or 10 minutes after the ride but then I am fine.

Just my opinions.

I get severe motion sickness from screen rides and anything really spinny, bumpy or backwards. Last trip I used Dramamine and was able to ride everything with no problems. I still avoid the big coasters but that is out of fear, not fear of being sick lol. Just a thought that you might want to try something to prevent the issues so you can enjoy all that the parks have to offer.

I get severe motion sickness from screen rides and anything really spinny, bumpy or backwards. Last trip I used Dramamine and was able to ride everything with no problems. I still avoid the big coasters but that is out of fear, not fear of being sick lol. Just a thought that you might want to try something to prevent the issues so you can enjoy all that the parks have to offer.
Thank you, Sharona. I've been wondering about Dramamine. Did you use a non-drowsy version? Did you even ride Simpsons?

Thank you, Sharona. I've been wondering about Dramamine. Did you use a non-drowsy version? Did you even ride Simpsons?

Yes and yes. The regular formula works better but it does make you tired. Even with the non drowsy I find that you have to power through the first hour then it's fine. It takes about an hour to kick in, just keep moving. We take it at breakfast with food and by the time we gear up, get to the park, get through the gates and onto our first ride we're good to go. Just drink a lot of water as it is dehydrating.

Even with Dramamine, Simpsons was a tough one for me. Not sick but it gave me a headache. Probably because it was later in the day and I think the Dramamine was wearing off. Transformers also gave me a headache (again late in the day). We were fine on Mummy, Minions, Gringotts, Forbidden Journey, Spiderman, MIB... Loved them all and so glad we tried the Dramamine.

Yes and yes. The regular formula works better but it does make you tired. Even with the non drowsy I find that you have to power through the first hour then it's fine. It takes about an hour to kick in, just keep moving. We take it at breakfast with food and by the time we gear up, get to the park, get through the gates and onto our first ride we're good to go. Just drink a lot of water as it is dehydrating.

Even with Dramamine, Simpsons was a tough one for me. Not sick but it gave me a headache. Probably because it was later in the day and I think the Dramamine was wearing off. Transformers also gave me a headache (again late in the day). We were fine on Mummy, Minions, Gringotts, Forbidden Journey, Spiderman, MIB... Loved them all and so glad we tried the Dramamine.
Thanks a million for saying more about your experience! I have to decide whether I'm comfortable trying a new medication. I tolerate the regular formulation fine except for the drowsiness. It sounds as if it's best to avoid Simpsons in any event. Glad you got to do so much. That must have been a freeing experience.

Thanks a million for saying more about your experience! I have to decide whether I'm comfortable trying a new medication. I tolerate the regular formulation fine except for the drowsiness. It sounds as if it's best to avoid Simpsons in any event. Glad you got to do so much. That must have been a freeing experience.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do. FYI they do have generic motion sickness medicine at the first aid stations should you need it.

I really think you'd be fine with Gringott's. At the beginning, you think you're about to have a massive drop, but it's really on par with DL Pirates. Then it's mostly sideways motion from one scene to another--kind of like TSMM for longer stretches. And the 3D effects are nothing like Simpsons--more just like a regular 3D movie. I say take a LD Dramamine and come back here and curse me if I'm wrong ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter