So I am Getting a Little Nervous . . .

MADnNOLA

DIS Veteran
I am still trying to debate on CSR or ASM Resorts. I love the CSR but just still not sure about the $800 price difference for a 9 night stay. I just went to look at my saved offers for my time period in April, and one at CSR for a Water View Room was no longer available, hence my nervousness. I hate to miss out on a stay at CSR if I decide the price difference is worth it. :worried:

In applying historical room discounts (30% off CSR vs 25% off ASM) the CSR will be $500 more. I am hoping for a discount to be announced after 12/31, but not counting on it. pixiedust:

A bit of background, I am a solo traveler, and will be spending time at the pool some on this long trip, but little time in the room. Before I have always stayed at Value (PoP or ASMs) and really enjoyed them, but never spent much time at the resort.

Thoughts? I need some advice to justify the added expense as I am leaning that way, but still . . . I want to do a couple of the special tours, and keep thinking that the price difference will pay for the tours!

I am a mess! :rolleyes1 LOL

I am still trying to debate on CSR or ASM Resorts. I love the CSR but just still not sure about the $800 price difference for a 9 night stay. I just went to look at my saved offers for my time period in April, and one at CSR for a Water View Room was no longer available, hence my nervousness. I hate to miss out on a stay at CSR if I decide the price difference is worth it. :worried:

In applying historical room discounts (30% off CSR vs 25% off ASM) the CSR will be $500 more. I am hoping for a discount to be announced after 12/31, but not counting on it. pixiedust:

A bit of background, I am a solo traveler, and will be spending time at the pool some on this long trip, but little time in the room. Before I have always stayed at Value (PoP or ASMs) and really enjoyed them, but never spent much time at the resort.

Thoughts? I need some advice to justify the added expense as I am leaning that way, but still . . . I want to do a couple of the special tours, and keep thinking that the price difference will pay for the tours!

Between the two, I would go with CSR because of the adult amenities at the resort. I had a blast just sitting at the outside bar near the main building overlooking the lake. And it so beautiful lit up at night. More lounge and onsite restaurant options.

If it were me, though, I would pick POR. Nightly entertainment and option to hop on a boat to DTD. Also beautiful at night.

The pool area at CSR is much nicer than those at the All Star resorts. So if you plan to spend a lot of time at the pool, I'd suggest CSR. And I agree with the previous poster, it's really a much more peaceful place to spend down-time at.

On the other hand, have you thought about WL or AKL? For a solo traveler, I like the idea of not having to walk between buildings at night and having all your resort amenities in the one building.

I like the idea of not having to walk between buildings at night and having all your resort amenities in the one building.

I love walking around CSR at night, it's one of the pluses for me.

So many places to relax at CSR. The main pool, largest hot tub on WDW property, one of the quiet pools, bench or hammock by the lagoon, outdoor lounge, indoor lounge, etc. Its more adult orientated and generally speaking not as many screaming kids. We have had two 14 night stays there and I really enjoy sitting at one of the mentioned locations relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere. Great resort all lit up at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter