SO how was YOUR yard sale on the 28th?

poohbear2

<font color=CC66CC>Disney Think Formula is:<br>HE=
We placed our ad in the paper and placed signs in locations around our sale. However, I think the heat hurt sales a bit. We did about 100.00 with mostly dime/quarter stuff. We are also having it again tomorrow. Anyone else successful?

We had an awesome day!!!

I did alot(not as much as last time) preparing for the sale, hanging all the clothes, pricing everything, setting up, etc. We were up pretty late last night and up very early this morning but boy did it pay off......was are ahead $480.00!

People started before 7:00 and kept coming. I tried to start cleaning up around 11:00 when it slowed down but people kept coming. Only one big ticket item - 32"tv for $100....so I couldn't believe it when we added up all the $$$. We had a lot of computer stuff left and I didn't even put out the really, really nice baby girl clothing - I'm thinking I'll take them to a consignment shop because I can't seem to figure ebay out. We boxed up what was left(excluding computer stuff and good baby stuff) and took it all to the thrift store for donation - even a breadmaker w/instructions. Oh and a PegPerego doublestroller didn't sell either(asking $75 - excellent condition), so I kept it in case DH's friend need a stroller.

The weather was perfect, got a bit hot later in the morning. We sold bottled water for 50cents - 24case gone!

Now we have a clean garage and attic. Of course the rest of the house is a mess because I didn't get the regular housework done this week - LOL!

We did okay on ours. Sold the big stuff so we don't have to lug it back into the basement (Little Tikes car bed, Fisher Price Kitchen, etc.). The little stuff didn't sell. Seems like most people didn't bring their kids with them today so the little toys for 25 cents didn't sell at all. My kids (age 5) were perfectly happy with that, but I want this stuff gone! It's getting donated to our church in Dec. for their Christmas shop. At least it won't go to waste and won't be cluttering up my house. We made about $70.00, but we were only out there for the morning. It was oppressively HOT here today!::MinnieMo

I have to ask, was 28th national yard sale day or something. What did I miss. I noticed tons of people having yardsales yesterday and I could not figure out why SO many people did it on the same day.

Me, my sister and her Sister In Law did a one. I made 112 dollars..WOO HOO.
Sister made 380..
And her Sister in Law made 390...But the 2 of them buy new things to sell at higher prices..So not a TRUE Profit..

I think I am going to stop thinking about yard sales...last one I "thought" about--Charley came to florida...this time, Frances is on her way.

I think I may have to stay far and away from garage sales until AFTER hurricane season :hyper:

It was hot--I'm in debt over the sale now, after what I spent on the ad, permit (we need permit's for everything in MA), feeding my "helpers" I think I owe about $40!!!!!!!!!!! It was hot!! My new neighbors putting in a driveway next door didn't help.... I think I'm just donating everything next time. I am very disappointed (not enough made to help with Disney trip!!!!)

Oh well,
Flo

We cleared about $100 and were satisfied with that. It did rain the night before and for the first few hours that morning, but we made more went than I anticipated.:) We made more money today by taking our kids' clothes to a resale shop. This was the way to go for us! I spent time re-drying the clean clothes with more dryer sheets and folding them just-so. Made $150 in much less time, without the hastle!

I made about $180 at my yard sale and was surprised no one seemed interested in my barely worn baby clothes - even at $1 an item - so I went to my local baby resale shop and they gave me $225 and only bought about 1/5 of what I had (mostly my toddler clothes) and told me to bring back the baby stuff in October when they would be buying baby clothes again - in the future - my baby clothes will go straight there!!

I've been thinking about doing a garage sale for the items that dont sell on ebay and the bigger items that I dont want to bother with shipping. I have found that I do pretty good on ebay and its so much less hassle.. But as long as I make something on the garage sale I'll be happy. You guys have convinced me to do the garage sale.. We moved back in March and my garage is full of stuff and I'm going thru it a little at a time, but I think Im gonna gs the stuff I dont ebay.. Ive been taking it to my goodwill but maybe will just bring whats left over after the sale there.

I'm trying again for tomorrow so I have my fingers crossed. This has drug on so long that I don't even remember what I have to sell in boxes anymore. Cross your fingers, I need the Disney spending money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter