So how much of a discount do you get if you book a future cruise onboard?

Given the high prices of many Disney cruises, 10% off can save hundreds of dollars - and perhaps several grand.

You pay the price in effect on the day you book the cruise.

Thank you so much. I would think that I wouldn't get anything back with the deposit, but the other 10% would just go towards the balance. I am more interested in the OBC. :)

Keep in mind that there are now 'black out' dates where you can book the cruise, but won't get the discount. Some of the holiday cruises are included in the 'black out' list.

There is one question that I can't find the answer for, maybe someone can help me.

If I book a cruise on opening day say March 2015, and take a cruise I have had booked in July 2015. I then book a cruise onboard July 2015 cruise for 2016 do I pay the price of the cruise at the time of July 2015 cruise or do they take the price from the opening day booking in March 2015.

I hope this makes sense, but I can't find the answer for it.

Sorry, you lost me............:confused3

Sorry, you lost me............:confused3
If you book on board the 10% discount is applied tot the rate of your cruise on the day of your OBB. This means that if you booked your cruise before (like on opening day) and the price has gone up you will not save money by rebooking on board.

Example:
Opening day price: $1.000 --> you book this on opening day from home of through a Travel Agent

situation 1: When booking OB price has increased to $1.100. You get 10% of this rate in discount: $110,- and OBC $100 (or $200 with 7 night and longer). This means you will benefit from rebooking on board.

situation 2: When booking OB price has increased to $1.500. On this rate OBB discount will be $150 and OBC still $100. Now you will pay more when you rebook compared to your original booking
So you keep the original booking and apply your OB perks to the cruise after that next one :lmao:

Hope this clarifies

Please be aware that popular cruises can increase in price quickly after first booking day. I booked 7 day norwegian cruise first week they came out and rechecked on our cruise in may and the onboard booking would have been more expensive!

You are right as Norwegian Fjords is a popular (and not very common) destination for DCL. At the moment only 3 cruises are offered:

06/06/2015: 7 nights from Copenhagen
06/20/2015: 9 nights from Copenhagen
06/29/2015: 11 nights Copenhagen to Dover (already sold out!)
And no guarantee DCL will return to Northern Europe in 2016

Compare that to the weekly DCL offerings year round to the Bahama's and the Caribbean and you instantly understand the skyrocketing prices for the Fjord cruises.

After reading multiple Onboard booking threads here I was under the impression that I could book a 'dummy' date using the cheapest option and later transfer that to another date, and transfer yet again indefinitely until I decided to actually cruise.

When we sat down with the Onboard agent he gave us the date they were currently using for dummy dates (Dec. 6 I think) but then told me I had to sail within 18 months of that or I would lose the 10% discount and the onboard credit.

I asked him straight out: is there any benefit to me booking today if I don't plan to sail within 18 months. He said no.

This was confusing because I was under the impression (from threads here) that we could continue to move the date as long as we wanted and still get the savings? I figured he was the expert though, so we didn't rebook. Did I misunderstand something? :confused3

You used to be able to do an OBB with a dummy date and then move it multiple times. Disney has changed that policy, so now you must sail within 18 months of the date you make your onboard booking.

Starting 12/12/2013 DCL has issued the rule that your On Board Booked cruise must be completed within 18 months of the day you book your (dummy) OBB. At the same moment the reduced 10% deposit was limited to cruises of 7 nights or longer. Within that timeframe of 18 monts you can change the cruise you want as many times as you wish. Keep in mind that for any of the reservation you must PIF before the PIF date even if you wish to move the date again or the booking will be canceled an the OBB discount lost.

This means that if you are definitely not planning to book a cruise within 18 months there is no point in booking while on board and the DCL person you spoke to was right. However in older threads on the boards than December 2013 you will see the old rules discussed.

The DisneycruiselineBlog wrote this article on the subject:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/11/onboard-booking-offer-policy-revised-use-lose-18-months/

For info purposes the OBB request form can be found here:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/DCL-Onboard-Booking-Offer-June-2014.pdf

.... Keep in mind that for any of the reservation you must PIF before the PIF date even if you wish to move the date again or the booking will be canceled an the OBB discount lost.

If it is past the PIF date, you cannot move a cruise reservation. Any change after that point is considered a cancellation and you will forfeit whatever the applicable cancellation penalty is. If it is an OBB, you will not be able to transfer it to another date and will lose the attached benefits as well.

Does anybody know if Thanksgiving week 2015 would be a blackout date? Looking to book while on board in a couple of weeks. The Thanksgiving cruise is on the Fantasy.

Does anybody know if Thanksgiving week 2015 would be a blackout date? Looking to book while on board in a couple of weeks. The Thanksgiving cruise is on the Fantasy.

From the opening day links in my signature, Fantasy - Blackout dates: 12/19/15, 12/26/15. So Thanksgiving is not on the list. :)

From the opening day links in my signature, Fantasy - Blackout dates: 12/19/15, 12/26/15. So Thanksgiving is not on the list. :)

Thanks! Looking forward to booking this next month!!

Starting 12/12/2013 DCL has issued the rule that your On Board Booked cruise must be completed within 18 months of the day you book your (dummy) OBB. At the same moment the reduced 10% deposit was limited to cruises of 7 nights or longer. Within that timeframe of 18 monts you can change the cruise you want as many times as you wish. Keep in mind that for any of the reservation you must PIF before the PIF date even if you wish to move the date again or the booking will be canceled an the OBB discount lost.

This means that if you are definitely not planning to book a cruise within 18 months there is no point in booking while on board and the DCL person you spoke to was right. However in older threads on the boards than December 2013 you will see the old rules discussed.

The DisneycruiselineBlog wrote this article on the subject:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/11/onboard-booking-offer-policy-revised-use-lose-18-months/

For info purposes the OBB request form can be found here:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/DCL-Onboard-Booking-Offer-June-2014.pdf

Ah-ha! THANK YOU for the explanation. :thumbsup2 I thought I was losing my mind. It probably was older threads I was reading. Thanks again for clearing that up. I guess I'll just watch for opening day.

Anybody know if the August 17 (4 night Dream) is a blackout date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter