So how many bags do you check?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by CarolA, Mar 29, 2008.

1. CarolA

CarolA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

I am ATTEMPTING to post a poll, but I am not great at it.

So how many bags do you back?

And how big is your bag?

OK I couldn't remember how to post the poll...

So just post!

IF I check it's one 24"

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bab31

bab31 DIS Veteran

Hi Carol,

to post the a poll after you click new thread, and you get the screen to post your message, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you get the poll option.

Babs

4. CarolA

Yeah, but if you miss it you can't go back LOL!

5. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I usually only check 1 bag. I have a couple suitcases, one I think is 25" and one is 28". The 28" does look big, I get comments on it when I'm traveling. I've watched the scales, it is usually around 41 pounds since it's mostly light items inside.

6. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Generally, if there are three of us flying (myself, dh, and dd, 14) we check one, maybe two bags. If it's just me flying, and it's the time of year when I don't need heavier clothes, I can make do with a carryon. If my dd and I are traveling, we check one bag for the two of us and have large carryon totebags.
    Going to WDW in Sept, the two of us...we'll each have a regular suitcase type carryon..no need to check anything. We're only going for 3 nights.

7. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

I usually either check one bag or none at all. Manged to get by with one even for a 7 night Alaska cruise last summer. I did have a fairly large (but still legal) carry on for that trip, though, LOL.

The checked bag is eligible for carry on - believe it is either a 21 or 22 inch roller. If I'm going to Disney, I'd rather not bother with carry on (except for small one that has items I must have on plane or until ME delivers).

If I carry on, the bag is soft sided and if necessary can fit under the seat.

I used to travel a lot for business and quickly learned to pack very light, especially since I had to bring my (at that time) very heavy laptop along.

8. bavaria

bavaria <font color=deeppink>Makes the best of both worlds

While some posters were jetsetting off to Paris, Mom actually posted a poll for us. ;) The results differ sharply from my poll to which you responded elsewhere, CarolA.

I will try and dig up that thread and link it here

9. ProudMomTo3Boys

ProudMomTo3Boys <font color=red>My brain hurts. I am still working

For the 5 of us we check 2 bags, I am not sure of the sizes but 1 of them is pretty big, the other one is a normal size. I put the heavier stuff in the smaller one, and haven't gone over the 50 pounds.

10. bavaria

Here is the poll for anyone who wants to vote

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1760810

I check 0-1 bags; the bag is 21-25 inches in size. The only time I take more is coming from Germany when I need to bring a few months supplies of the essentials (coffee, chocolate, toothpaste, and real Nivea cream)

11. Devil_Dog99

Devil_Dog99 DIS Veteran

When I travel on business and are starting a long term assignment, I will check one bag (25") and then leave it at the hotel. Why shlep stuff like my toiletries, gym stuff, and casual wear back and forth across the country? Then I just bring my laundry in a gym bag as a carryon.

When I travel on business for a short engagement, depends on the length of trip. If a full week I will check one bag. If less, I carryon.

When going to WDW, I have got us down to 3 bags (28, 25 and a large rolling duffel) plus my golf clubs. I always try to pack space so I can bring home souvenirs.

12. CarolA

Well just so you know.. I checked no bags to Paris LOL!

13. bavaria

:rolleyes1 I won't be checking any bags to Paris/the Riviera/Germany next week either

14. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

I always check my bag. I travel with a 21 inch bag. I usually don't go over 38 pounds.

15. cslittle999

cslittle999 DIS Veteran

But you're a professional traveller. :worship: I'm strictly an amateur. I always end up checking a bag because there is always that one more thing that I'm sure I'll need so I move up to the larger suitcase.

16. disneyag

disneyag DIS Veteran

When the 3 of us went to Universal last June for 3 nights, we each had a carryon. Usually, we can get by for a week with the 25" suitcase. We sent skiing 2 weeks ago for 5 nights and the 4 of us used 4 suitcases (only because skiwear is so bulky). I don't understand the need for people to check 2 suitcases per person.

17. suzimar57

suzimar57 Miss my Happy Place.

when the two of us travel, we'll check 2 rollaboards (26") and i'll bring a carryon (large tote) onboard