so how exactly does the tip work with the 08 DDP?

Mrs.viv07

DIS Veteran
MH & I like to have a glas of wine with dinner or a beer, maybe we want and app like the cheese one at the 50's prime time that we think was to die for
so we get the app and a beer but the rest of the dinner is on the DDP so at the end when we get the bill will we tip (let's say the total was $100) on the $100?
obviously i don't want to stiff anyone, being a former server i know how much that sucks!:mad:
sorry i am all kinds of confusing here but i have as of right now 2 OOP meals ohana for breakfast and the sci-fi for lunch i am figuring $50-$70 for the 3 of us + tip for each of these.....but....
what about the rest of the DDP meals? it will be about $90 per day for us thru the DDP so do we tip on the $90 since its what the "meal really cost" or on the meal itself? i hope this makes sense.

As I understand it, you should tip on the total "menu cost" of whatever it is you order at EACH meal. Just as tho you had paid cash for the entire thing.

I would imagine that you would tip on what the meal cost, not what your DDP is costing per day. At least I would tip on the meal, not the DDP and I suppose I could be completely wrong. Hopefully someone else can shed some better light on this.

I would imagine that you would tip on what the meal cost, not what your DDP is costing per day. At least I would tip on the meal, not the DDP and I suppose I could be completely wrong. Hopefully someone else can shed some better light on this.

that's what i thought but reading around here...well ....

i just want to do the right thing for the servers obviously if they above and beyond like some did at our last trip we give them more and a CM appreciation card!:thumbsup2

I would have to say you tip on the bill. DDP includes the cost of a snack and a CS meal. Therefore you would tip on the TS portion (the bill for TS meal). Just my two cents worth. If the meal total was $50 you tip on that $50.

While obviously there will be those that say tip on the cost of the plan or don't tip at all or tip whatever you like, the general feeling seems to be to tip as you would any restaurant bill based on the amount of the bill, that is unless you are a party of 6 or more when you will be charged 18% as in fact you will be on Alcohol I believe, or if you are at one of the few exceptions where the tip IS included in the meal.

With the 07 plan it has been reported that the server got 18% on the cost of the meal which makes sense because anything you order outside of the DP is the price plus 18% tip. So I would say you need to tip 18% or above for better service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter