So frestrated with verizon

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Cogswel_Cogs, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Cogswel_Cogs

Cogswel_Cogs DIS Veteran

I am so frustrated with Verizon right now.
    Wife droid had a problem with Droid 2 and they sent back refurbished phone.

We have had 7 refurbished phones sent to us since.
    The texting software keeps going out. I think they are fully aware of the issue and in todays societety this really bothers me.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cogswel_Cogs

Cogswel_Cogs DIS Veteran

I swear I have never been so frustrated in my life.

4. sam_gordon

sam_gordon DIS Veteran

Have you done an internet search for your phone model and 'texting'?

I have 'Handcent SMS' as my texting software. If it's software related, just change the software you use.

5. Cogswel_Cogs

Cogswel_Cogs DIS Veteran

No they tried that a couple of times with each phone. Each time it had to be shipped back. What I am beginning to feel is
    that they knew the phones that were going out couldn't be fixed. In todays time where there are so many warnings such actions would be imtolerable!!!!!!!!.

I was so upset I spelled frustrated wrong.

6. sam_gordon

sam_gordon DIS Veteran

So you've tried multiple texting software, all presumably on the same phone model? Have you done a search for the model and 'texting'?

7. Cogswel_Cogs

Cogswel_Cogs DIS Veteran

I do not think it was something that I with them over the phone or techs flashing at store could fix. Each time it went I had to send back.THis time like the 7th or 8th it is outof waranty.

8. sam_gordon

sam_gordon DIS Veteran

Have u tried different texting software? You dont have to use what came installed on the phone.

Have YOU tried googling to see if others have the problem? If its a problem with a certain model phone, there should be complaints all over the net.

9. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

Why are you mad at Verizon? They are only the service provider. Motorola I can see, they are the ones who made the phone and are doing the exchanges.

10. lsyorke

lsyorke DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Owner of squeeky b

Droid 2's were notorious for problems. I have a droid Maxx, that I absolutely love. Battery life of 2 days with constant use.

11. FlightlessDuck

FlightlessDuck Pluto's personal nose scratcher

Maybe the problem is that it's a refurbed phone. Maybe it's a problem with the version of the OS on the phone. Maybe it is Verizon's fault. It's hard to say.

I would suggest a Google search as well. There seems to be quite a few Droid 2 texting problems. You can read to see if they are the same thing your wife is dealing with.

12. Cogswel_Cogs

Cogswel_Cogs DIS Veteran

I am equally mad at motorolla but I pay Verizon for my service not motorolla.

13. Cogswel_Cogs

Cogswel_Cogs DIS Veteran

Yeah but most of the problems I see are with refurbs

I really feel that Verizon should be obligated to make sure Motorolla is not just sending crap back out.

14. Lorelei Lee

Lorelei Lee DIS Veteran

Simething similar happened to me a few years ago. My daughter's phone had a software problem that kept popping up. After they gave her the 8th replacement phone and it failed,
    I was fed up. Even though she wasn't due for an upgrade Verizon replaced the phone wuth a brand new phone, a different make and model.

I would call Verizon.

15. BelleMarie

BelleMarie Earning My Ears

Power on phone> open Play Store> Search (magnifying glass) for Handcent SMS> Click install> Use Handcent and be happy.

It's a software problem, not a Verizon/Motorola problem, and this is going to fix it. No replacement model of the same phone is going to fix a problem inherent with the phone's software.

16. Cogswel_Cogs

Cogswel_Cogs DIS Veteran

I just got off the phone with the third person I talked too. Fianlly got treated okay.
    Still I think in todays envoiroment where texting is a like line to important emergency notifiactions, porpper monitorig of replacement phones. Through another site I had two other people contact me with stories just liek yours. I am going to write to a couple of places to let them know to make sure that at least they know what happened to me with the refurb phones.

17. Lorelei Lee

Lorelei Lee DIS Veteran

You should not have to resort to a third party app for a basic service provided by Verizon. If you like the app use it.

18. tvguy

But you're not having problems with the service, you're having an issue with the third party phone you bought from verizon.

19. Lorelei Lee

Lorelei Lee DIS Veteran

But Verizon services the equipment and Verizon hasn't been able to "make it right".

20. I Love Pluto

I Love Pluto DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>I guess that make

I have a Droid through Verizon. I have had no issues with texting.

I have a Samsung Stratosphere Galaxy S. Maybe the problem you're having is with the Motorola phone.

Our Verizon office is so nice. I hope your office responds to you in the same helpful manner. Perhaps they could help you with statistics of which phone has had the least amount of negative "issues". At this point - I would switch brands of phone.

Good luck to you. :goodvibes

21. tvguy

Actually, Verizon ships phones back to the manufacturer.