So excited we are flying after all...

sdoll

DIS Veteran
We are planning a budget trip to Orlando in September. I was planning on driving. I just sat down and looked at the different options with different frequent flier miles, and bank card points. I was able to book our flights for a total of $66.20! We are split up on airlines but all our flights are within the same hour. Totally worth it to not have to drive 18 hours!

Now hopefully all the flights will go as scheduled.
I was trying not to think of that! You have no idea my luck lately! The last couple vacations have been hell but it has been winter time! So fingers crossed. Actually it was quite profitable we got bumped because we were the last ones to check in even though we had been at the counter for over an hour and everyone in line behind us passed us as we waited for the slowest guy in the world to fix something! I about lost my mind and even apologized to the lady at the gate I hate acting that way. I felt much better when they wrote us a check for 3x the cost of our flight x4. Plus they gave me back my FF miles well worth the delay! Let's hope not though...

Sounds like you got some great deals and will be able to start your vacation that much faster!
We have flights for our October trip and I'm trying to talk my husband into going also; if he does we could get him free flights but on another airline. Seems worth it to me.

We are planning a budget trip to Orlando in September. I was planning on driving. I just sat down and looked at the different options with different frequent flier miles, and bank card points. I was able to book our flights for a total of $66.20! We are split up on airlines but all our flights are within the same hour. Totally worth it to not have to drive 18 hours!
I just booked a trip for my sister and myself, I'm using one airline for the trip down and another for the trip back. I had enough points on either airline to be able to book RT, but Airline A had a better flight for the trip to MCO and Airline B had the late departure time that we wanted on our return date. Not quite the same as booking the family on different airlines but I do understand what you had to do. Sometimes you have to play around with different programs to get what you want.

good for you OP! sometimes thinking outside the box gets you where you want to go! I hear you on winter trips, I decided to avoid flying in winter...I don't like the stress of worrying....

We are flying in the day before we check into Bonnet Creek (I hate wasting a vacation day on travel) I just booked our hotel for the first night using my hilton points! I wish all my budgeting plans fall into place this easily!! It even includes free breakfast!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter