so confused regarding early admission... please help!

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
We will be staying onsite at Loews Royal Pacific. I can't figure out what park opens early. One place I read it is IOA only, another place says Universal studios only, a third spot says they change daily and are not published, they tell you at check in... So confused!???????

We will be there June 24th and June 25th, (Wed & Thurs) how to plan on which park when???

you'll know closer to your date.
you still are over 2 months out and UO decides which park (or both) will open early to the onsite guests.

there is no set pattern at this point of which park will be open early.

there have been some high crowded periods in the year where both parks have the earlier entrance.

June 29th is the start of park opening to the public at 8:00 am for both parks.
and closing at 10:00 pm

it's like saying, welcome to summer and crowds.......

July is opened from 8 am to 10 pm for both parks each day.

Last edited:
thank you for the info. We actually also arrive on Tuesday, but are staying offsite that day. So I have 2 full and one 1/2 day. Do you have any recommendations for what to do on our first 1/2 day? Part of me thinks we should go back to IOA, the kids had a lot more fun there, but with both new HP worlds available, not sure where to go.

you'll know closer to your date.
you still are over 2 months out and UO decides which park (or both) will open early to the onsite guest

We will be there next Monday. Do you know which one it will be then? So one will open at 8am and the other at 9am I believe?? Thanks!!

i'm going to read your mind kkmom and guess you need more info also......lol

UO doesn't release which park or parks will be open for early entry for hotel guests months out.
there have been timese where a park is listed for ee and changed before that date comes.

i have found out before going to the park in the morning that the park has been switched.
if you are onsite, the drivers of the water taxis usually advise all on the boat, which park is opened if there has been a change.

usually in the summer, it is common for both parks to have ee.

as of june 20th, both parks close at 10pm.
as of june 29th, both parks open to the public at 8 am.

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused about early entry! We're going to be there July 15 & 16, so hopefully both will be open early!!

So I understand what's posted above. What I still don't understand is how to discover ee parks. Is there a way to discover the expected ee park(s) for my dates prior to arrival at UOR? If so, when are ee park(s) days released? If I walk (from HRH) to the parks and, thus, have no boat captain to inform me; how do I know which park is ee? There has to be a way, other than showing up to a gate, to know which park is open early - right?! :crazy2:

last summer both parks were open early in july for hotel guests.

one can assume it will be repeated again for this year.

but, only UO makes that decision and we won't know until it has been announced.

the parks are open from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm

in the check in packet you will receive info about the parks.
if the parks are open for both due to ee, it will be in the brochure you receive.
it also lists movies, pool acitivity times, etc.

you can call the hotel direct a few days out if you want and ask the front desk TM's if both parks will have early entry.

So I understand what's posted above. What I still don't understand is how to discover ee parks. Is there a way to discover the expected ee park(s) for my dates prior to arrival at UOR? If so, when are ee park(s) days released? If I walk (from HRH) to the parks and, thus, have no boat captain to inform me; how do I know which park is ee? There has to be a way, other than showing up to a gate, to know which park is open early - right?! :crazy2:
Ask at check in or ask the guest services/concierge desk.They will know and be able to tell you..You can also call and ask.

Even more confuseed ... is ee the same than "entry to Harry Potter one hour before park opening" or is it on top of that?
Thanks

Even more confuseed ... is ee the same than "entry to Harry Potter one hour before park opening" or is it on top of that?
Thanks

hope i can help.

early entry to the parks is for that one hour before the official opening to all onsite hotel guests at the darkside.

if the park opens officially at 9:00 am, that early entry for onsite hotel guests would be at 8:00 am.

UO decides what portion of the parks will be open during that early entry hour period.

at the studios, it will the the potter section.
one ride in regular times will also be staffed for those in the park then.
usually it is DE.

at ioa, early entry in the park will have the potter section open for hotel guests.

depending on the season of the year, the ride can be different.
i have been in slow periods where no ride was open early, a few times it was spiderman on a different season there.

July brings in crowds.
both parks open at 8:00 am and close at 10:00.

early entry for the onsite hotel guests would be at 7:00 am for those mornings in July

Thanks - so if I understand correctly, according to ee, it could be that only Potter in IoA OR Potter in USO will be open one hour before park opening (maybe not both).
Correct?

Thanks - so if I understand correctly, according to ee, it could be that only Potter in IoA OR Potter in USO will be open one hour before park opening (maybe not both).
Correct?

That's the way I understand it.

WDW or Hawaii? you ask - maybe have a bit of both at Aulani on your next vacation...

Correct?
yes.

sometimes during some of the seasons, (summer, christmas to nye, etc) both parks can be open.

once you start reading in the darkside forums, you will find threads that reflect if both parks were opened.

you can also get that information from UO.

if you can't find it on the UO website, call guest services in advance to ask which park is now opened for ee.

when you check into the onsite hotel, the TM at the check in counter should have that info of which park/s will have the early entrance.

from your siggie, it looks like you
will be there end of July.
August 1 & 2 have the same park hours as July.
from August 3rd, parks then open at 9:00 am and close at 10:00 pm

OMG! Thx to Vija for asking and an even bigger thanks to Macraven!!!! Your (repeated ;) answers gave me a much better understanding of the process. We are staying at the Hard Rock June 8-10 with really only 2 days for the parks. Touring plans has shows IOA as having the early hours both days. I was really hoping USF would have the early hours on or both of those days as our biggest priority is Diagon Alley/Gringotts.

Anyway, thanks to your advise I know to call ahead to be sure. THANKS!

I agree, thanks for the help!

Next question. .. what does DE stand for? Trying to figure out which ride that is.

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused about early entry! We're going to be there July 15 & 16, so hopefully both will be open early!!
each summer the crowds grow larger.
i can not imagine that only one park will be open early for the hotel guest.

good thing i am not a gambler.
i would bet both will be open in july

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!