So Confused about Honeymoon Trip!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by TrueDisneyLove61207, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Scarlett81

Scarlett81 Mommy to my princess and lil pirate

You culd have disney floral and gifts do a mickey themed celebration in your room when you arrive. There are all price ranges and themes from wedding, to mickey/minnie to princess-from $30 up to $500 or more.

http://www.disneyflorist.com/category/occasions/inroomcelebrations/display

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. I Love Pluto

I Love Pluto DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>I guess that make

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :bride:

Any of the Mods would be perfect for a honeymoon. They're all beautiful in their own way. Of course, a Value is perfect also - but not as "romantic" while walking the grounds. Mods tend to be a bit quieter (depending on your neighbors, of course) - thus a bit more beautiful, charming, and romantic.

Good luck in your choices - and again - Congratulations! :goodvibes

4. P00H1010

P00H1010 DIS Veteran

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! DH and I have spent our 1st and 2nd anniversaries at WDW. I would imagine WDW will be a yearly thing for us :). I completely understand wanting to see the castle outside your room. It also comes with a steep price tag. My advice would be to do a moderate resort or possibly a split stay and do 1 or 2 nights at a deluxe and the rest of your nights at a value or moderate. That is what we are considering doing for our next trip (we might be able to use a friends DVC points). Our two anniversary trips we spent at CBR (it is a moderate). We love it there, the landscaping is gorgeous. Each village has its own pool and beach area plus there is the main pool. The walkway around the resort is really nice, there are cabanas and hammocks to relax in along the way. It is a very relaxed and laid back atmosphere. We love the resort and feel it is romantic. I'm sure whatever you decide you will have a wonderful time, enjoy :)!!!!

5. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

When DH and I had our honeymoon trip in 2005 we splirged and got ONE night in the Contemporary in a MK view room. We were put on the 9th floor in a MAG-NIF-I-CENT room overlooking the park. Let me just say that that one night has nearly "ruined" all the other resorts for us. We walked in and opened the balcomy door and we could HEAR the park! The view was breathtaking. I almost didn't want to leave the room!

After our one night we switched to 5 nights at Beach CLub where we were upgraded to CONCIERGE. While the BC room overlooking Crescent Lake was beautiful, it still paled in comparison to that magical room at CR.

On all of our subsequent trips 2006, 2008, 2010, we have been on strict budgets and had to stay at Pop, which we really adore. It suits our needs (shower and a bed) and the place is quite charming.

If we were doing a "dream trip" like a honeymoon, we'd be booking the Contemporary. In fact, my DH's uncle just offered us his 2 years worth of unused DVC points for ourplanned 2012 trip. It's Bay Lake Towers or bust for us! Yay!!

6. TrueDisneyLove61207

TrueDisneyLove61207 Mouseketeer

You just totally stepped inside my head and saw my dream room lol this is so confusing and the price tags for these rooms are ridiculous haha

7. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

BOOK IT!! You will not be disappointed, I promise. That room at the CR is ALL we think about. When we were kids we both dreamed about staying in that "hotel with the monorail running through it", so staying there on our honeymoon, even for that one night, was a fulfillment of two childhood dreams.

I still have the video of our Magical Express ride from the airport to the CR, and the squeals of delight from me as we approached the hotel. Ahhh bliss!

:cloud9:

8. Scarlett81

Scarlett81 Mommy to my princess and lil pirate

Not that i endorse credit card debt.....but there is always disney visa's 6 month 0% financing!! yea!