So bummed.....

coluk003

DIS Veteran
Ok it's not a horrible problem to have I guess but let me explain. I'm from CA and will be going to wdw for the first time since my mom passed away in 2002 so it's been a long time.my sister from MN is hgoing to meet me there. Are dates we/are aug 21-27. Our plan was to stay at POP from the 21 to the 24 and the check into Port riverside. Well low and behold they have no two queen beds available for our dates for riverside, and I don't really need or want the royal guest rooms. Cute but I don't think we need them.

So both riverside and Orleans has this problem for us so which of the other two moderates would you suggest? I personally don't think I like either, but I'm here for suggestions and possibly some convincing lol.

We can also go the following week, but know that I don't travel at all, love Disney and I work for the company also in one for or another, and since she asked if i wanted to go in January I've been dying to get going already.

So which of the other two moderates would you chose and why( maybe some video links too could help) or would you push it ahead a week?

FYI:I've always stayed at a value when we went more often, it was all we could fit in the budget, now being older and getting a really good discount I wanted to stay somewhere a bit nicer for the last few days w will be there. That's really my only motivation for riverside,plus it looks awesome

Ok it's not a horrible problem to have I guess but let me explain. I'm from CA and will be going to wdw for the first time since my mom passed away in 2002 so it's been a long time.my sister from MN is hgoing to meet me there. Are dates we/are aug 21-27. Our plan was to stay at POP from the 21 to the 24 and the check into Port riverside. Well low and behold they have no two queen beds available for our dates for riverside, and I don't really need or want the royal guest rooms. Cute but I don't think we need them.

So both riverside and Orleans has this problem for us so which of the other two moderates would you suggest? I personally don't think I like either, but I'm here for suggestions and possibly some convincing lol.

We can also go the following week, but know that I don't travel at all, love Disney and I work for the company also in one for or another, and since she asked if i wanted to go in January I've been dying to get going already.

So which of the other two moderates would you chose and why( maybe some video links too could help) or would you push it ahead a week?

FYI:I've always stayed at a value when we went more often, it was all we could fit in the budget, now being older and getting a really good discount I wanted to stay somewhere a bit nicer for the last few days w will be there. That's really my only motivation for riverside,plus it looks awesome

Port Orleans French Quarter shows standard room availability for those dates, that's my favorite moderate. That's for regular price, it may not be available for a promo.

My second choice would be Carribean Beach, they have 2 double beds. The grounds are tropical, very nice. I stayed at Coronado once, wasn't crazy about the theme.

Right we don't look at the rack rates, no sense really lol with the discount we get.

So yes those types are there just not with a discount so was looking for alternatives. We may just book POP the entire time and see if POR opens back up with the discount.

I say go for the Princess rooms, I don't think it is that much of a difference in price, and if that is where you wanted to really stay then do it!:woohoo:

The hotel s one we wanted to stay note princess rooms lol, but now I see, and maybe I was confused earlier, but there's only a king bed type at both French quarters and POR. :(

We LOVED our stay at CSR last year ... if you like the feel of a central/south american resort, beaches and hammocks and lakes, tropical land scaping, its pretty awesome.

We love Coronado Springs! Headed back next week in fact. The rooms are well appointed and comfy, queen size beds, sliding door by the sink and lots of counter space at the sink.

The grounds are gorgeous, though it is a large resort. I would request the Casitas. We stayed in Casitas 4 last year. Not too far from anything we needed. The food court has lot of choices, there's also a quick service/grab and go option.

After out busy days in the park, it was nice to go back to the resort and enjoy a more relaxed atmosphere.

We love CSR! I've stayed at CBR and hated it compared to CSR, and I've never been to either PO. You won't be disappointed ( I hope!)!

This is a youtube of CBR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ji2fxJCYvY
This is one of CSR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA3x8hPtN5I

Also, the threads devoted to each resort have lots of info and pix especially the first page/several posts. You can jump to the last page of each if you have a question - but it's helpful to look at the first posts w/ the pix and details.
CBR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3032047
CSR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023399

If you let us know what attracts you most to POR, then perhaps we can let you know which of the other moderates is a better fit for you.
I haven't stayed at CSR, and would be afraid I'd end up in the cactus/desert section (Ranchos?) but many love staying there and have many great reasons why it's their choice.
It's been years since I stayed at CBR, but it holds a soft spot in my heart due to wonderful memories. CBR is the only moderate that doesn't have queen beds, I believe, and there are no elevators (but it is only 2 stories.) I love the tropical vibe, landscaping and brightly colored buildings.

I think you will enjoy any of the mods. CSR is very pretty, especially at night and has the queens. CBR has an island theme with fulls.

I would go with CSR. :thumbsup2

POR is my fav but, second to that CSR! It's very pretty and usually has rooms available. Now, it is a HUGE resort... you may want to request either Cabanas or Casitas sections that are closer to the restaurants and shops.

Cabanas is better if you want to be at main pool and still be close to El Centro. Casitas has a quiet pool and gym and is also close to El Centro. Stay away from Ranchos unless you want to feel secluded, it's very far in the back of the resort.

Both are gorgeous properties but, sometimes price wins out which is why I'm staying at CSR for the second time this year. I really enjoyed my last trip there and am hoping for warmer weather to take a dip in the pool and enjoy a Pina Colava poolside. :D

I'm going against the grain. This is your first trip in 10 years & you really want to stay @ POR? I say, wait til the next week & stay where you really want to stay. If I had my heart set on POR, I know I wouldn't be as happy at another resort. I may be a bit prejudiced: I love POR & FQ. Didn't care for CS as much & never tried CB. You might love a different mod. But you might not. I'd hate to be disappointed with or regret my resort decision when I waited so long for vacation. It's only 1 week more & you'll be where you really want to be! :goodvibes

EDIT: nevermind. Just saw this thread is almost 2 months old. Guess you already made your decision OP. Hope you have a great vacation whatever you decided!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter