So break it down for me (park tickets, etc)

JenniBB

Mouseketeer
My family of 5 will be staying at POR in August.:cool1: Crossing my fingers for FREE DINING!

I'm trying to get a handle on what we'll be carrying with us on a daily basis (besides ponchos and water and moleskin):

Room key - which also enables us to charge purchases to a CC attached to our room. Am assuming DH and I will each have a key, but not the kids (ages 13,11 and 7).
Park passes (we have 4 day park hoppers) - there's one for each of us? I feel like I should carry those because my kids are flakes! :rolleyes1

We will be on the regular dining plan (HOPEFULLY FREE) - is there ANOTHER card we have to carry or is the DDP info on the room key? Or is it on the park pass?

Thanks for straightening this out for me - I'm all about the little details!! :)

Dining plan on that one card too? :)

Yup, they call it your "Key to the Kingdom card" Everyone gets one and it has everything on it.

On another note- you can use the card to pay for stuff in the hotel, but you can't use it to pay for things in the park. Just.. to clarify.

Dining, resort tickets and room key are all in one.

You can also charge to your card (instead of the room). Your room key will be linked to your CC account, so you can only link yours and your hubby's if you'd like. I think Dining is the same way. If I remember right, you can tell them kids can't use their keys for dining, but not sure on that one!

Also, EVERYONE needs to carry their keys (or someone needs to be in charge of them). This is how you get fast passes, one per key. Usually, we send DH with the keys to get our FP's, and he is in charge of keys. Just an option. Your kiddos are older, so it might be okay to let them carry theirs!

On another note- you can use the card to pay for stuff in the hotel, but you can't use it to pay for things in the park. Just.. to clarify.

We were able to charge things bought at parks on our card. I wonder if that's changed. We went in 10/2009.

Yup, they call it your "Key to the Kingdom card" Everyone gets one and it has everything on it.

We were able to charge things bought at parks on our card. I wonder if that's changed. We went in 10/2009.

If you have charging privileges on your card, you can use it anywhere on property, except I think there are some places at DTD where you can't use it because they're not owned by Disney. What would be the point of getting charging privileges if you could only use it at the hotel? Also, it's called the Key to the World card (it's referred to on the boards as KTTW.)

You can use your KTTW card to charge back to your room from the parks and eat at the parks, etc. :)

Make sure you have charging privies taken off the kiddos cards.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter