So...about these Dole Whips.....

dnsmills

Disney Obsessed
I've read a lot about how much people just :worship: the Dole Whip. I've had 2 WDW trips and one DLR trip but have yet to try one. I've read a bit about them and see that there you can get just ice cream, a float with pinapple juice and several other options. What is the BEST way to get one? I'm bound & determined to have one on our upcoming trip and want to make sure I do it right.:thumbsup2 Someone please set me straight!

While most rave about the soft-serve Dole Whip, DH and I both found it to be too tart. Had to (gasp!) trash ours.

On my recent trip, I tried a dole whip...and I thought it was just ok. If you like pineapple, you'll probably like it, but I found it underwhelming compared to the hype it gets.
To each his own.

I'm a Dole Float fan myself, but I love anything pineapple! I find it delicious, refreshing (watch out for the brain freeze) and low calorie! :thumbsup2

Citrus Swirl
Citrus-Swirl1.jpg

Dole Whip
Dole%2BWhip%2BFloat2.jpg

I'm more of a Citrus Swirl girl myself. But usually we get one of each and share.

I personally really like the pineapple vanilla swirl the best, no float. I've tried the float and the pineapple juice was just a little too strong for me... Also I like that the vanilla in the swirl counters the tart of the pineapple. However I would live inside the swirl in a cup if I could. :rotfl:

We tried the float in April.. and I hated it. I don't think the juice was cold enough and it was just.. ugh. But after waiting 30 minutes in line for this darn thing, my dear mother refused to throw it out and drank it. She said it wasn't horrible, but not something she would eat/drink again.

Was so excited to finally try a dole whip and after two bites I threw it in the trash. I love pineapple, however this was just gross. My kids who will eat any kind of ice cream took one taste and said "eewwww". I used to love those strawberry and vanilla swirl cups.

I really like it. I love pineapple. I also love soft serve fruit sorbets & desserts, so I really enjoyed it. I like the regular pineapple dole while. DH likes the same but as a float.

Also, love the swirl. Hard to believe others find them vomitrocious, but to each his (or her) own.

Tracie

kddisney502 said:
I really like it. I love pineapple. I also love soft serve fruit sorbets & desserts, so I really enjoyed it. I like the regular pineapple dole while. DH likes the same but as a float.

We are the same :)). We have Orange Leaf here, the pineapple flavored frozen yogurt reminds me of the Dole Whip ! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter